Sb 5052 - What The Hell Just Happened?

• Thread starter tweedy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Killer nugs brother!
I could barely look at a gram of this shit let alone 3000 packs.lol.I would think the whole building would have to smell like "boodussy" with that much C grade.don't worry guys,my basement will always open to the homies....trichrome farmer for life!
IMG 20150324 225639

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Brother you should consider making that a post of its own. I think more people need to make some calls.

seaslug

seaslug

My anger is directed at the disingenuous Alison Holcomb, but anyway, from sensiblewashington.org:

Support Senate Bill 6083 and House Bill 2196 to Legalize Cannabis Cultivation
MARCH 19, 2015

Senator Jeannie Kohl-Welles and Representative Brian Blake have filed companion bills in the state’s House and Senate to legalize the personal cultivation of cannabis for everyone 21 and older.

Senate Bill 6083 and House Bill 2196 would allow those 21 and older to cultivate up to six cannabis plants at a private residence, and would allow them to possess up to eight ounces of cannabis harvested from those plants. The proposal would also allow for the legal transfer of up to an ounce of cannabis.

This change would be a huge step forward for our state, allowing adults the option of cultivating their own cannabis rather than relying solely on recreational cannabis outlets, which there are currently few of, with many cities having none. It would also provide another deterrent to the black-market, which oftentimes funds criminal syndicates.

“This bill is about consistency, congruency and especially, freedom” says Representative Blake. “Adults in our state can brew their own beer and make their own wine for personal consumption. Just like alcohol, marijuana can be used safely and responsibly, so it makes sense to allow adults to home grow their own if they want to.”

Although Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Colorado and the District of Columbia have all legalized recreational cannabis, only Washington retains the full illegality of personal cannabis cultivation.

Washington residents in support of these bills should contact their district’s legislators – which they can look up by clicking here – and urge them to supportSenate Bill 6083 and House Bill 2196!

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Now that Scott's is in it to win it maybe we will see personal cultivation laws passed

StickyBiz

StickyBiz

It looks like this is near becoming the new mmj law. It does allow the medical card to state 15 plants and 16oz of dried flowers IF your medical provider is willing to authorize that instead of the default 6 plants 3 oz or no registry of 4 plants and 1oz.

It's a crap pile of legislation for sure. It ends the legal practice of rotating designated providers so individual grower/community garden can't play that game anymore.

It'll attract the black market like a bus load of hot hookers rolling into town.

smokie

smokie

Who cares what the limits are if you wont be able to get a Rec under this new law. Fuck502

StickyBiz

StickyBiz

I didn't see in the 5052 legislation where getting a Rec would be more difficult for patients. There is some pressure on medical providers as they have to report if they are over 30 a month with medical records being subject to review. I don't think that will end a profitable medical clinic that has specialized in Recs. I have been going to the same such clinic for years and don't expect any issues getting a Rec from them.

The real fuck up in this 5052 shit pile is that it terminates the grey market for the small grower. So a 5052 legal max mmj grower will have to figure out how to not have more than 16oz in possession...which means guess what...send it to the black market asap. The black market will also see more demand as patients won't want to pay the high price plus 30% tax (the new deal) at the legal store. The current black market is rather ho hum, that's going to change with an influx of buyers and sellers. I see a very active black market running at prices under the legal stores.

seaslug

seaslug

(Originally published April 10, 2015)
The state House has approved an effort to reconcile Washington state’s medical and recreational marijuana industries.

By Rachel LaCorte
The Associated Press
OLYMPIA — The Washington state House moved forward Friday on an effort to reconcile the state’s medical and recreational marijuana industries.

The chamber first passed a Senate measure addressing the medical side before moving on to a House bill dealing with the recreational law. Because the Senate bill was amended in the House, it will head back to the full Senate for a final concurrence vote, while the House bill will go first to a Senate committee for consideration.

Senate Bill 5052 passed on a bipartisan 60-36 vote after a long debate over several amendments, including over whether patients should have to sign up on a registry.

“No one has taken the idea of medical marijuana lightly,” said Rep. Eileen Cody, a Democrat from Seattle. “What we’re trying to make sure is that we have a medical-marijuana system that fits with recreational, is safe and provides the safety mechanisms for our patients that recreational enjoys. We also want to make sure that everyone has access.”

Among its many provisions, the Senate measure, sponsored by Republican Sen. Ann Rivers, would create a database of patients. Changes made in the House include making voluntary the patient registry that was mandatory under the Senate version. However, unregistered patients wouldn’t be allowed to possess the same amounts of marijuana or enjoy similar tax breaks that registered patients would.

Under the amended version, if a patient is entered into the database and holding an authorization card, he or she will be allowed to possess three times as much marijuana as is allowed under the recreational law: 3 ounces dry, 48 ounces of marijuana-infused solids, 216 ounces liquid, and 21 grams of concentrates. The patient could also grow up to six plants at home, unless authorized to receive more by a health professional.

If the patient doesn’t get an authorization card but is considered a qualified patient, the limit is the same as the recreational limits of one ounce, however, he’d be allowed to grow up to four plants and possess up to six ounces from those plants. Another change in the House moves the registration process from a doctor’s office to a retail location.

Rivers, of La Center, Clark County, and chief architect of the bill regulating medical marijuana, said she was happy that despite some detractors, the measure passed the House in a version acceptable to her.

“You know that you’ve got the perfect bill when no one’s 100 percent happy,” Rivers said. She added that she intends to see if senators will accept the House version so that it can be sent straight to the governor’s desk rather than going through another round of negotiations.

Rep. Ed Orcutt, a Republican from Kalama, said he was worried that the legislation was leaving “more and more medical patients behind.”

“I’m concerned we have limited it too far,” he said. “We have limited it to the point to where some of those people aren’t going to be able to get the right form or the right variety for what they need.”

The passage of Initiative 502 in 2012 allowed the sale of marijuana to adults for recreational use at licensed stores, which started opening last summer. Recreational businesses have complained that they’re being squeezed by medical dispensaries that have proliferated in many parts of the state, providing lesser- or untaxed alternatives to licensed recreational stores.

Senate Bill 5052 would crack down on collective gardens, eliminating the current collective garden structure starting July 1, 2016, but allowing four-patient “cooperatives.” The cooperatives would be limited to a maximum of 60 plants, and the location of the collective would have to be registered with the state, and couldn’t be within one mile of a licensed pot retailer. The original Senate bill would have had that distance at 15 miles.

But it would also provide an avenue for existing collective gardens to stay in business, by requiring the state Liquor Control Board — which would be renamed the Liquor and Cannabis Board — to adopt a merit-based system for granting marijuana licenses. Among the factors that could be considered are whether the applicant previously operated a collective garden, had a business license or paid business taxes.

The House measure addressing the recreational industry, sponsored by Democratic Rep. Reuven Carlyle, passed on a 67-28 vote. It calls for eliminating the three-tier tax structure voters approved in Initiative 502 and replacing it with a single excise tax of 30 percent at the point of sale that everyone would have to pay, both patients and recreational users.

However, under the bill, patients who are in the registry and have an authorization card would be exempt from sales tax on their purchases. Carlyle’s bill would take effect only if the Senate’s medical-marijuana bill also becomes law. That’s to encourage a coordinated approach to the recreational and medical systems, ranging on issues from taxes to zoning, he said during the debate.

The House bill also diverts a share of potential tax revenue from the state’s new recreational system to cities and counties. An amendment that passed would only allow local bans on licensed marijuana businesses if approved by the jurisdiction’s voters.

Seattle Times staff contributed to this report.

420circuit

420circuit

Good luck with this. Watching the situation here in Colorado, I am witnessing the long hoped for legalization that we have been working toward for as long as I can remember. The difficulties are there for sure, people being fined because they have more than 6 plants and minor stuff like that. People who think that they can make the world better and make some serious cash too, hey, good luck with that, whatever floats your boat. After making it through all these years, watching this story, my conclusion is that cannabis should be fully legalized. Just like tomatoes. But that is not how it going to go.

If you would like to see cannabis become more legal or totally legal, you can get involved. I don't know how to take that step where you are, or where I am, but as a group, a group of like-minded cannabis consumers, we can move in that direction. When someone mentions cannabis related, I always respond in a positive way. I have asked serious folks if they heard the stories of cancer patients being cured with weed.

But getting involved with my actual name scares the shit outta me. Making a living is serious. Why it's called a living. At what point do 90% of cannabis consumers stand up and speak to their elected reps? We seem to be almost there.

Good luck.:D

E

EvilOtto

I didn't see in the 5052 legislation where getting a Rec would be more difficult for patients. There is some pressure on medical providers as they have to report if they are over 30 a month with medical records being subject to review. I don't think that will end a profitable medical clinic that has specialized in Recs. I have been going to the same such clinic for years and don't expect any issues getting a Rec from them.

The real fuck up in this 5052 shit pile is that it terminates the grey market for the small grower. So a 5052 legal max mmj grower will have to figure out how to not have more than 16oz in possession...which means guess what...send it to the black market asap. The black market will also see more demand as patients won't want to pay the high price plus 30% tax (the new deal) at the legal store. The current black market is rather ho hum, that's going to change with an influx of buyers and sellers. I see a very active black market running at prices under the legal stores.

Right. You guys really do not have a clue what is going on. It used to be about law enforcement.
Now, it is about tax revenue. Don't you get it? You are trying to steal money from the state which they will not overlook.
Medical is gone. DOA. Whatever black market tries to survive here in Wa State will be crushed, not only by the state, but
also the commercialization of cannabis by the I-502 industry. You guys will not be able to compete.
Get a clue. If you are smart, you would go back to school and learn a trade. Or try to join I-502. Go total black market and
send your shit back to the east coast. Good luck selling your shit on craigslist or a parking lot.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Right. You guys really do not have a clue what is going on. It used to be about law enforcement.
Now, it is about tax revenue. Don't you get it? You are trying to steal money from the state which they will not overlook.
Medical is gone. DOA. Whatever black market tries to survive here in Wa State will be crushed, not only by the state, but
also the commercialization of cannabis by the I-502 industry. You guys will not be able to compete.
Get a clue. If you are smart, you would go back to school and learn a trade. Or try to join I-502. Go total black market and
send your shit back to the east coast. Good luck selling your shit on craigslist or a parking lot.

Nope, didn't work still not going to your store

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Shit I'm just a Machinist growing a little bit of medicine and trying to be self sustaining. I also happen to know several small growers with day jobs that would rather be generous than slap a big profit margin on top of a huge sin tax just because some people don't agree. FTW

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
least your going through it all now . if history is anything to go buy , we i n Aus will be doing this in 5 yrs lol. There is no way the power companies will allow the gov to not give them the lions share . Look at the middle east conflict . If the money spent on fighting over there was used to research a new fuel source i reckon we'd have no need for the arabs oil . hemp bio diesel . ( all repect to anyone who has fought served over there ) But then what would the poor petrol companies do ? Answer ??????? who fucking knows but our legal and political systems that r now dinosaurs and dont adequately reflect the average joe's morality and needs . i mean who honestly thinks our representatives (roflmao) Actually represent our interest ? To busy with party politics plus taking care of contributors. Revolution anyone ?
Revolution anyone ? @Ned Kelly You dont have to say that twice. I still at my age have a mean jab and a haymaker right hook. Not to mention I can shoot a fungus gnat off a a cannabis plant from 1000 ft. o_O

smokie

smokie

We need signatures to save Medical go here and you can print the forms off and sign them and send them back in.
***Important*** Need to be on 11x17 Double sided paper.

502 is blaming Medical on the fact they cant move there Shit weed. 502 Snitches.
502 dude... The reason they are after MMJ is because you guys are sitting on weight that wont move and its growing what you guys grow best MOLD. Then you blame the system that started it all, Fuck You!

Latest posts

Top Bottom