Schwer's First Grow Evah! Planning, Prep and Grow

• Thread starter Schwer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

My jewelers loop arrived and damn this thing is awesome! I thought I was already getting a pretty good look with the pics from my phone and camera, but this is on a whole other level.

I looked at some of the top flowers and some that were deeper and out of the light per @Lilolme 's suggestion. There was hardly any amber to be found, even on top. There were plenty of cloudy trichs, but a lot of the trichomes that I assumed were cloudy in my other pics were still clear when inspected with the loop. Totally worth the $5 or whatever.

Next time I'm in there for a watering I'll try holding the loop up to the camera phone and see if I can get any decent pics. I have a feeling that will be a real pain in the ass but I'll give it a try.
I got myself a cheap loupe as well. Works well with the camera phone, not too much of a pain. Just gotta have surgeon hands

Lilolme

Lilolme

My jewelers loop arrived and damn this thing is awesome! I thought I was already getting a pretty good look with the pics from my phone and camera, but this is on a whole other level.

I looked at some of the top flowers and some that were deeper and out of the light per @Lilolme 's suggestion. There was hardly any amber to be found, even on top. There were plenty of cloudy trichs, but a lot of the trichomes that I assumed were cloudy in my other pics were still clear when inspected with the loop. Totally worth the $5 or whatever.

Next time I'm in there for a watering I'll try holding the loop up to the camera phone and see if I can get any decent pics. I have a feeling that will be a real pain in the ass but I'll give it a try.
I got a cheap pocket microscope it does very well but you gotta snip off a sample. At first I used the eyepiece off of an old rifle scope it actually took pretty good iphone pics

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
I got myself a cheap loupe as well. Works well with the camera phone, not too much of a pain. Just gotta have surgeon hands

Hell yeah, the loop worked out perfectly with the phone... once I turned off my fans. 😅
I purchased this combo from amazon and the one of the bottom worked out much better for taking photos, mostly because its significantly thinner. I also found it easier to use in general but both work well.

Tent200

But first here's a regular shot of one of my BBK's. I suspect that my BBK's are starting to foxtail on me as I'm seeing these little nodes start to form rather than the flower just plumping up evenly like it has been. I decided to drop light intensity a couple of percentage points just in case its the light that's stressing them out.

Tent201

And now the good stuff. Here's a Blackberry Kush up close.

Tent202

Here's my Granddaddy Purple runt... Peggy. I can tell because she's as green as grass and will probably taste like it too.
Tent203

Another Blackberry Kush - there's a decent about of amber in this shot though this is from one of the buds on top.

Tent204

Here's a shot from the GDP in the center of the tent...

Tent205

Pretty sure this is also one of the BBK's.

Tent206

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to grab a pair of tweezers and start removing the little cat hairs I found in a bunch of the shots. 😖 Little bastards...

Lilolme

Lilolme

Hell yeah, the loop worked out perfectly with the phone... once I turned off my fans. 😅
I purchased this combo from amazon and the one of the bottom worked out much better for taking photos, mostly because its significantly thinner. I also found it easier to use in general but both work well.

View attachment 1172560

But first here's a regular shot of one of my BBK's. I suspect that my BBK's are starting to foxtail on me as I'm seeing these little nodes start to form rather than the flower just plumping up evenly like it has been. I decided to drop light intensity a couple of percentage points just in case its the light that's stressing them out.

View attachment 1172561

View attachment 1172562

Here's my Granddaddy Purple runt... Peggy. I can tell because she's as green as grass and will probably taste like it too.
View attachment 1172563

Another Blackberry Kush - there's a decent about of amber in this shot though this is from one of the buds on top.

View attachment 1172568

View attachment 1172569

View attachment 1172570

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to grab a pair of tweezers and start removing the little cat hairs I found in a bunch of the shots. 😖 Little bastards...
Don’t ya love it goin through a bunch of pics and there’s a hair in the best ones, I may need to inch my lights up a little too. They look damn good though!

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

View attachment 1172560

View attachment 1172561

View attachment 1172562

View attachment 1172563

View attachment 1172568

View attachment 1172569

View attachment 1172570

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
@GalaxysEdge I was going to take that as a compliment, but then I noticed it was a cat so now I'm just suspicious. 🤔

Don’t ya love it goin through a bunch of pics and there’s a hair in the best ones, I may need to inch my lights up a little too. They look damn good though!

No, I do not love that at all, lol. I deep cleaned the room before I started and usually only go into the room in clean clothes after a shower. Apparently cat hair don't care.

Lilolme

Lilolme

View attachment 1172560

View attachment 1172561

View attachment 1172562

View attachment 1172563

View attachment 1172568

View attachment 1172569

View attachment 1172570

Mine are kinda doin the same thing all over, not sure if its really foxtails or just growin
C7CFC369 B78B 425A 90C1 7AA7D446AE3B

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Dang! Thanks for the reminder about not getting into the face of the buds. But with my 80-120x i have to be veery close. And veery still.

You can leave the cat hair and call it kitten kush:p

SativaBob

SativaBob

Looking awesome man. A couple of mine are doing that foxtail looking thing too. Looks exactly like yours... with a handful of pistils coming out of those areas and such. I thought it was foxtailing too but I'm not 100% sure. Either way they're looking good!

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Day 99 - Beginning 9th week since flip or about week 8 of flower

Today I decided to do an official rundown on each of my plants to check and document their progress., and I'll be damned, one of my BBK's might be ready! Here's a look at each... I have a pic of the plant, a flower, closeup trichomes from top flowers and then closeup trichomes from bottom flowers.

Blackberry Kush Pheno #1 - These BBK's were from ILGM and have an advertised flowering time of 8 weeks.

Tent208

BBK1 - Flower

Tent209

BBK1 - Trichomes from top flower

Tent210

BBK1 - Trichomes from a bottom flower

Tent211

Blackberry Kush Pheno #2

Tent212

BBK2 - Flower

Tent213

BBK2 - Trichomes from a top flower

Tent214

BBK2 - Trichomes from a bottom flower

Tent215

Blackberry Kush Pheno #3 - This is the one that looks damn close to harvest, but I'll let the jury weigh in. Accordingly, I put a few more pics in this series.

Tent216

BBK3 - Top Flower

Tent217

BBK3 - Trichomes from top flower

Tent218

BBK3 - Trichomes from another top flower

Tent219

BBK3 - Trichomes from a bottom flower

Tent220

BBK3 - Trichomes from another bottom flower

Tent221

That's it for the BBK's. I did the GDP's too but I'll put them in a separate post 🌈

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Day 99 - Beginning 9th week since flip or about week 8 of flower

Today I decided to do an official rundown on each of my plants to check and document their progress., and I'll be damned, one of my BBK's might be ready! Here's a look at each... I have a pic of the plant, a flower, closeup trichomes from top flowers and then closeup trichomes from bottom flowers.

Blackberry Kush Pheno #1 - These BBK's were from ILGM and have an advertised flowering time of 8 weeks.

View attachment 1173812

BBK1 - Flower

View attachment 1173813

BBK1 - Trichomes from top flower

View attachment 1173814

BBK1 - Trichomes from a bottom flower

View attachment 1173815

Blackberry Kush Pheno #2

View attachment 1173816

BBK2 - Flower

View attachment 1173817

BBK2 - Trichomes from a top flower

View attachment 1173818

BBK2 - Trichomes from a bottom flower

View attachment 1173819

Blackberry Kush Pheno #3 - This is the one that looks damn close to harvest, but I'll let the jury weigh in. Accordingly, I put a few more pics in this series.

View attachment 1173820

BBK3 - Top Flower

View attachment 1173821

BBK3 - Trichomes from top flower

View attachment 1173822

BBK3 - Trichomes from another top flower

View attachment 1173823

BBK3 - Trichomes from a bottom flower

View attachment 1173824

BBK3 - Trichomes from another bottom flower

View attachment 1173825

That's it for the BBK's. I did the GDP's too but I'll put them in a separate post 🌈
Chop them down! Chop them down! Build the wall! ...wait a sec...wrong chant.

For real though, you getting close to harvest you think. Hard for me to tell from the pics if you're getting any amber trichs. Or are you going to be like @liloland wait 75 years until you harvest.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Granddaddy Purples - Also from ILGM with an advertised flower time of 9 weeks.

Granddaddy Purple Pheno #1

Tent222

GDP1 - Flower

Tent223

GDP1 - Trichomes from a top flower

Tent224

GDP1 - Trichomes from a bottom flower

Tent225

Granddaddy Purple Pheno #2

Tent226

GDP2 - Flower

Tent227

GDP2 - Trichomes from a top flower

Tent228

GDP2 - Trichomes from a bottom flower

Tent229

Granddaddy Purple Pheno #3 - The Infamous Peggy

Tent230

GDP3 - Flower

Tent231

GDP3 - Trichomes from a top flower

Tent232

GDP3 - Trichomes from a bottom flower

Tent233

And a group photo 🌈

Tent234

Lilolme

Lilolme

I like to see em under my microscope, I see a lot of shiners in the pics your weeks away. And by the way I’m at 10 weeks friday with time to go yet. Here’s a fun fact, under ripe buds give you a headache, ask me how I know. Relax, that bout to jump out of your skin feelin is not what you want to harvest by, ask me how I know that too

Lilolme

Lilolme

Chop them down! Chop them down! Build the wall! ...wait a sec...wrong chant.

For real though, you getting close to harvest you think. Hard for me to tell from the pics if you're getting any amber trichs. Or are you going to be like @liloland wait 75 years until you harvest.
Haha I’m within the window of opportunity in a couple of days, 70-84 days, they continue to thicken up I hate to miss out on the most potent part of the whole grow, the end, I’ve done that too many times

Lilolme

Lilolme

I just hit a piece of the nice bud I cut a few days ago it dried pretty quick but its still damp in the center, much better than the earlier trim crap, fruity and hittin me pretty hard whoo hoo! Damn Iwish I could get a good look at trics on yours they look fabulous,wait

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Ha nice! And fear not, I won't go cutting too soon. I'll error on the side of letting them go a little longer than I might want, but not too much longer! 😅

Top Bottom