Schwer

Supporter
GDI Peggy... 🤦‍♂️

Just pulled a branch to the side revealing some nanners. Grand
Tent185

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

5 and a half weeks since flip

Oof, my girls have definitely taken a small turn for the worse, at least in terms of what the leaves are telling me. It kind of looks like the pics I see of nutrient burn. I feel like I remember reading or hearing some reports of Fish Bone Meal top dress in the Stoneington's guide being a bit much in some cases... after the fact of course.

That's just speculation on my part, but you'll see in the third pic that burnt tips are present on most of the lower leaves as well as the top. The only other relatively recent change I made was halfing the mag sulfate I add to my RO... maybe I should go ahead and add that back in?

The issue is definitely worse on my smaller GDP's, but its present on the BBK's as well.
View attachment 1167947

Here's a BBK
View attachment 1167946

Here's that pic showing a bunch of lower leaves between two plants with the same burnt tips. The top leaves are not actually that brown... just the cam in this case.
View attachment 1167945

Oh well, just something to chase down and learn about, heh. 😅👍
Time to light em up. Its all over
This is fine0
sorry I never have anything helpful to add. I tell myself if/when I encounter issues as I proceed through the remainder of my flowering phase, is to not make a huge over correction. But again I have zero idea what I am talking about.

Dj V cTUcAAVqlj

Lilolme

Lilolme

The nanners all seemed to be on one strange little side branch. I cut the whole thing off and removed it.

Aww well, what will be will be 🌈
Stress will do that, I have one outside thats probly gonna hermie

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Stress will do that, I have one outside thats probly gonna hermie

All things considered I'm not too bummed about it. I just spent some quality time watering the plants and they look so damn lovely that knowing I'll get seeds stopped bothering me. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will just be in the bottom bud seeing as how the 'nanner sight was pretty well covered. Then again, I pride myself of my under the canopy air circulation, so... 😅

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

All things considered I'm not too bummed about it. I just spent some quality time watering the plants and they look so damn lovely that knowing I'll get seeds stopped bothering me. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will just be in the bottom bud seeing as how the 'nanner sight was pretty well covered. Then again, I pride myself of my under the canopy air circulation, so... 😅
Can you recall a particular instance of stress that this plant went through that you think may have caused it?

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Can you recall a particular instance of stress that this plant went through that you think may have caused it?

Hmm, well this is my runt, Peggy, and I threatened to remove her from the tent about 50 times. Do you think that could have stressed her out? 😄🔪

There are a large number of reasons Peggy has had a different experience than the rest, so it could be any or all of these...

- She's half the size of anything else in the tent and that's just in height
- She gets watered at about half the rate of the other plants in tent because that's when she needs it
- She was up-potted a week or two after the others because of her slow growth and because I wasn't sure I was going to keep her
- IIRC correctly she was up-potted shortly before flip so she didn't get the additional top dress of the Stoneington plant foot.
- She did get the fish bone meal top dresses but in much smaller amounts.
- She is located dead center at the front of my tent. If I had to pick the mostly likely spot for a small light leak then it would be near her little spot just because of the way the zipper and flaps fold at the bottom if I don't take the time to do it properly. I'll be taking extra measures going forward just in case.
- She is the only plant that still gets moved around a little when I water. The rest have remained in place for weeks now.

So don't do ANY of these things and you should be good 🤔

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Hmm, well this is my runt, Peggy, and I threatened to remove her from the tent about 50 times. Do you think that could have stressed her out? 😄🔪

There are a large number of reasons Peggy has had a different experience than the rest, so it could be any or all of these...

- She's half the size of anything else in the tent and that's just in height
- She gets watered at about half the rate of the other plants in tent because that's when she needs it
- She was up-potted a week or two after the others because of her slow growth and because I wasn't sure I was going to keep her
- IIRC correctly she was up-potted shortly before flip so she didn't get the additional top dress of the Stoneington plant foot.
- She did get the fish bone meal top dresses but in much smaller amounts.
- She is located dead center at the front of my tent. If I had to pick the mostly likely spot for a small light leak then it would be near her little spot just because of the way the zipper and flaps fold at the bottom if I don't take the time to do it properly. I'll be taking extra measures going forward just in case.
- She is the only plant that still gets moved around a little when I water. The rest have remained in place for weeks now.

So don't do ANY of these things and you should be good 🤔
Ah thats right! Forgot she was your runt.

Thanks for the summary though, I like to hear about stress factors so I can potentially avoid them. God willing.

Mothman

Mothman

Ah thats right! Forgot she was your runt.

Thanks for the summary though, I like to hear about stress factors so I can potentially avoid them. God willing.
And yet, it’s stress that pumps up the jams on potency, sooo….

Lilolme

Lilolme

I been takin advantage of the increased weight to pull all the branches way back and hold em there for a minute they spring back but not all the way really opens things up

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

I been takin advantage of the increased weight to pull all the branches way back and hold em there for a minute they spring back but not all the way really opens things up
I am doing some "gentle" LST during my early days of flower to open things up. Just using some ties to pull some branches out. I liken it to using a Scrog net. I've seen a lot of good development in the lower bud sites, but I am always so paranoid I'm going to accidentally damage/stress the plant

Lilolme

Lilolme

I am doing some "gentle" LST during my early days of flower to open things up. Just using some ties to pull some branches out. I liken it to using a Scrog net. I've seen a lot of good development in the lower bud sites, but I am always so paranoid I'm going to accidentally damage/stress the plant
That is always a danger, splittin the trunk or breakin a branch, go slow, tighten the tie downs a little each day, as far as stress that is usually due to nutes or lights they don’t mind the trainin so much, even if you break a branch just tape it up the whole plant won’t be affected, wait till I harvest and you can see what happened to all the branches I intentionally crushed and tied down, in veg stage of course

Lilolme

Lilolme

If the flowers never had a chane to open your probly ok, you would have seen a ton of yellow pollen, did you see any?

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Day 86 - Beginning the 7th week since flip, or what I suppose we're considering the beginning of the 6th week of flower based on when my plants started shooting pistils.

What I now expect to see when I open my tent each morning.... 😅

Tent190

If the flowers never had a chane to open your probly ok, you would have seen a ton of yellow pollen, did you see any?

Here are the other dangly bastards I took off the same little branch. The growth was so different from what I'm used to that it was immediately apparent even from a distance once I pushed the flower that was blocking it aside. That has me feeling more confident that I'm not missing any other similar shenanigans on the other plants, and I can assure you that Peggy is currently getting a full inspection daily! lol

Tent187

As for the pollen, I didn't see any when I was doing the extraction and never did see any on the leaves. I saw what I thought was a big pollen dump on top of one of Peggy's risers (and maybe it was), but when I removed my glasses it looked more brown than yellow and I suspect its just some fish bone meal powder that spilled over the edge when I did that last top dress. I saw something similar on other pot risers and pans too.

But hey, like I said what will be will be and I'm not too worried about it. I was in the tent this morning for a watering and they look and smell beautiful... to me at least 🌈

Tent188

Tent189

I spent a lot of time in my lung room yesterday cleaning up, organizing, and evening moving the entire tent a few feet in preparation of my little dry tent that just arrived. Anyway, I like the new setup much better than the old and I'll post some updated pics of the room once I get everything setup.

Mothman

Mothman

Day 86 - Beginning the 7th week since flip, or what I suppose we're considering the beginning of the 6th week of flower based on when my plants started shooting pistils.

View attachment 1169065

Here are the other dangly bastards I took off the same little branch. The growth was so different from what I'm used to that it was immediately apparent even from a distance once I pushed the flower that was blocking it aside. That has me feeling more confident that I'm not missing any other similar shenanigans on the other plants, and I can assure you that Peggy is currently getting a full inspection daily! lol

View attachment 1169067

As for the pollen, I didn't see any when I was doing the extraction and never did see any on the leaves. I saw what I thought was a big pollen dump on top of one of Peggy's risers (and maybe it was), but when I removed my glasses it looked more brown than yellow and I suspect its just some fish bone meal powder that spilled over the edge when I did that last top dress. I saw something similar on other pot risers and pans too.

But hey, like I said what will be will be and I'm not too worried about it. I was in the tent this morning for a watering and they look and smell beautiful... to me at least 🌈

View attachment 1169068

View attachment 1169071

I spent a lot of time in my lung room yesterday cleaning up, organizing, and evening moving the entire tent a few feet in preparation of my little dry tent that just arrived. Anyway, I like the new setup much better than the old and I'll post some updated pics of the room once I get everything setup.
Schwer, I continue to be impressed with your results and your commitment to the project.

I've been thinking and reading about the experiences of others here whose focus appears to be genetics and seed (or clone) production. Worst case, I guess you’d end up with some old school seedy weed, but I imagine it would still be good smokin dope. And you might find that a cross of the two strains you have would give you some interesting next-Gen plants. So I’m with you, not the end of the world, and possibly a fortuitous circumstance.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Schwer, I continue to be impressed with your results and your commitment to the project.

I've been thinking and reading about the experiences of others here whose focus appears to be genetics and seed (or clone) production. Worst case, I guess you’d end up with some old school seedy weed, but I imagine it would still be good smokin dope. And you might find that a cross of the two strains you have would give you some interesting next-Gen plants. So I’m with you, not the end of the world, and possibly a fortuitous circumstance.

While I certainly wouldn't mind trying a BBK-GDP cross, I wouldn't waste that kind of time on seeds who's parentage involved a runt that stressed and hermed. I mean, I love you and all Peggy, but if you have any children I will murder them before they make it to the crib.

Weird, I think I used that same line on my wife...

Lilolme

Lilolme

View attachment 1169065

View attachment 1169067

View attachment 1169068

View attachment 1169071

I have fried and broken plants, my first grow was in miracle grow potting soil loaded with all kinds of crap and very high in time released nitrogen I fought that shit the entire time but I learned a LOT, every time I try again I learn a lot, every time I try again it gets better, and I STILL learn a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom