SCROG, Out of height. Your opinions, please help!

• Thread starter Blakeja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blakeja

Blakeja

Just my opinion but if that was my setup I would flip now. They will power through the LST with the surge of hormones and you are going to need the space you have in the scrog now to tuck the stretching plants under. If you wait and fill the scrog first, your babies are going to be above the light in a few weeks. 🤷‍♂️ I could be wrong though, is it a stretchy strain?

your opinion is highly valued. This is exactly my plan as mentioned above! Flip now and tuck through the next three weeks.
Hight has been relatively the same for all four strains, not sure on the stretch though could all be different. Lack of planning on my behalf because I’m already focused on my next run lol.

Blakeja

Blakeja

The effectiveness of it is being wasted which is why I asked if he’s running active ventilation during daylight hours. If he only exhausts at night then that’s fine but otherwise I’d save a few bucks. But hey that’s me.

my exhaust ventilation is dictated by heat requirements. It’s rarely on, and I’m running passive intake so I need enrichment. Also, can’t see it hurting anything? Even if half the C02 reaches the plants, its half more then they were originally getting?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
my exhaust ventilation is dictated by heat requirements. It’s rarely on, and I’m running passive intake so I need enrichment. Also, can’t see it hurting anything? Even if half the C02 reaches the plants, its half more then they were originally getting?
It doesn't take it away that's for certain 👍

Blakeja

Blakeja

When I was scrogging I kept my net about 8-12" over the pots. Tucked until 3/4 full then flipped.

yes I had some restrictions with my previous grow and starting this one too early by the time they got in the tent they were quite larger then I intended. Ok problem to have I guess? Making do with the height I have now with the net.

Blakeja

Blakeja

When I was scrogging I kept my net about 8-12" over the pots. Tucked until 3/4 full then flipped.

I should of mentioned my original plan was to have enough height under the canopy once cleaned out to be able to crawl into the back of the tent to get at the net etc.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You will either need to lower the table or move the fan and raise the light up. What is that a 315/600? Non aircooled that will burn the center. First run with the strain? Any idea how much it stretches?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

thanks for the input Chad, I will be flipping and cleaning up below the net this evening. The way I look at it and after hearing from everyone I think I will just keep tucking for the first three weeks of flower to fill up what’s remaining in the net and keep them low through stretch.

worst come to worst if I start noticing any damage from lighting I will pull the net and plants cut the table down and putt new legs on it next run.
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Blakeja

Blakeja

You will either need to lower the table or move the fan and raise the light up. What is that a 315/600? Non aircooled that will burn the center. First run with the strain? Any idea how much it stretches?

Hoping to not have to do either, 315 not air cooled. Two six inch fans blowing over top the canopy.
First run with all four strains. (Gorilla zkittles, Glueberry OG, white widow and pre 98 bubba). No idea how they stretchWill be flipping the lights tonight and tucking under the net for the next three weeks. Or until stretching subsides.
If I notice any heat damage or find it just to unreasonable to continue I will pull the net and table and finish them off back on the floor.
I could just pull the table right now but I really don’t have the room for it in my garage.

fingers crossed I guess 🤞🏻

thoughts?

Blakeja

Blakeja

So I came home this evening to flip the lights, lollipop the bottom and defoliate while carrying on tucking for the three weeks as I discussed with many of you..

Opened tent and notice canopy shot up about six inche I may have got a little carried away..

I removed the table I just built, lollipopped, lowered my whole system but at least now I don’t have to worry about height..

I think I got a bit carried away with the clippers.

should I still flip the lights tonight and tuck for three weeks?
To me it looks like I should fill that net now then flip in a week or two?

not trying to beat a dead horse, but what are your guys thoughts?

Thanks,

E1997C8D 869F 4ABF 9CFF EC6A1D2747C1
6E56AC5C 41E2 444F 961C D3F70786E9A5
B6982077 21D8 454F A204 ADB37808B8E7
Top Bottom