Scrogging Questions??

• Thread starter Cory B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Mine was higher before I insulated the buckets.my chillers stayed running now they barely run.im running 2 1000w setups and 1 duel 315w cmh setup.the 2 1000s have 1/4 hp chillers each and the 3 bucket system with the 315s has 1/8 chiller.the 2 1000s are in vented raptor hoods.ac don't run much on 12 12.its an overhead 18000 btu so I can keep temps as low as 64 or high as 90

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

thats about the same as me! good ;) glad I'm not using the chiller and aero system any more cost a fortune to run probably half again on top... hand watering coco is much more pocket friendly...
Ya but i work full time as a machine operator and im a lazy fucker..
I need automation..
Shit im trying to save for the robomatic etherdose duo for christmas!
Thats my next addition.
Then im gonna switch over to watergen water cooled c02 natuaral gas burner from my tanks. its a burden going in there and getting my tanks refilled every 2 weeks..

H

heisen

I wrapped mine up in r19 and than bubblewrapped over that.its crazy how much a difference it made.chillers stayed running before now they only come on twice an hr

whitebob

whitebob

Mine was higher before I insulated the buckets.my chillers stayed running now they barely run.im running 2 1000w setups and 1 duel 315w cmh setup.the 2 1000s have 1/4 hp chillers each and the 3 bucket system with the 315s has 1/8 chiller.the 2 1000s are in vented raptor hoods.ac don't run much on 12 12.its an overhead 18000 btu so I can keep temps as low as 64 or high as 90
thats pretty good man sound like the insulation has done the trick its amazing how all the little things add up in the end.. i ran a 1/8 hp for my aero system and it did quite well.. I'm in a loft so summertime it worked a bit harder.. its an insulated room but still a bit warm when the sun is pounding down on the tiles two feet away.

H

heisen

Yeah I noticed a difference right away.i keep my chillers in a separate room and all the pipes are ran under neath.the chiller room use to stay hot as hell from the running.after I insulated it's room temp now

H

heisen

3 bucket insulated

20170824 213809

And 6 bucket

20170914 035517

Cory B

Cory B

I've been filling the net in and it's getting much more full now. I am thinking only 3 or 4 more days then I am going to flip. Thanks to everyone who told me to hold off, it has made a huge difference in the amount of bud sites at the screen.

IMG 20170917 104549
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I've been filling the net in and it's getting much more full now. I am thinking only 3 or 4 more days then I am going to flip. Thanks to everyone who told me to hold off, it has made a huge difference in the amount of bud sites at the screen.
Keep vegging till you get that 4th plant all up in the screen. Keep tucking the other 3 in the mean time.

Looking pretty good brother!

Cory B

Cory B

Keep vegging till you get that 4th plant all up in the screen. Keep tucking the other 3 in the mean time.

Looking pretty good brother!
I'm thinking that 4th plant is going to more the double the others by the end of the grow so I've been trying to keep it lower, how do i keep it from towering over the others

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm thinking that 4th plant is going to more the double the others by the end of the grow so I've been trying to keep it lower, how do i keep it from towering over the others
Why do u think that?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

The three bigger ones are Bigfoot, and the smaller is supposed to be gorilla glue#4.
I see.. Well i still get it up to the screen.
Thats why they recommend running all the same when scrogging...
But im sure you already new that...

H

heisen

I would flip now.If not your gonna have a mess.That other smaller one will stretch.If you can lower the screen a little that will help than you can just cross over branches to get it all filled in.Its gonna take them a week just to start to flower and your looking at 3 weeks of stretch.I wouldnt wait any longer or your gonna have alot of branches to close together

H

heisen

I think timing is critical in a scrog.Ideally you want the plants to do alot of the stretching out of the screen so they are building bud sites.The best way to do this is figure in your rate of growth,And how long you think it will take the plants to Fill the screen.You know its gonna take them a week before they even start to flower and than you have 3 weeks of stretching after lights out to 12/12.Figure in the next week if you flip now them filling everything else in and also be prepared to cut shit so your tops arent all over top of each other.I think you can get away with a branch in every hole if you do some defoliating but dont get crazy with it.There are alot of mixed reviews on it and i personally dont like to remove to much cause the plants get there energy from the leaves not the buds.Ill start removing more and more towards the end to really fatten the buds and ripen them but not while the plants stretching.Just remove the leaves that are absolutely necessary.I think your grow is gonna turn out real nice.I like your scrog,It looks good.

whitebob

whitebob

I think timing is critical in a scrog.Ideally you want the plants to do alot of the stretching out of the screen so they are building bud sites.The best way to do this is figure in your rate of growth,And how long you think it will take the plants to Fill the screen.You know its gonna take them a week before they even start to flower and than you have 3 weeks of stretching after lights out to 12/12.Figure in the next week if you flip now them filling everything else in and also be prepared to cut shit so your tops arent all over top of each other.I think you can get away with a branch in every hole if you do some defoliating but dont get crazy with it.There are alot of mixed reviews on it and i personally dont like to remove to much cause the plants get there energy from the leaves not the buds.Ill start removing more and more towards the end to really fatten the buds and ripen them but not while the plants stretching.Just remove the leaves that are absolutely necessary.I think your grow is gonna turn out real nice.I like your scrog,It looks good.
ditto pretty much exactly the same as i would approach my scrog also..... you will be surprised how much the screen fills once you flip...looking sweet..

Cory B

Cory B

Thanks I think today's the day, after work I'm going to flip. Should I leave the lights off for 24hrs or go right to 12hrs after they wake up from there 6hrs of dark they are in?

Top Bottom