• Thread starter shawnskush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

which do you use if either?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

He grows in hydro, his entire room Im pretty sure. I use in every style as well no problemo except for more trimming in the end.

Ya, I am aware he runs full hydro just curious if Sea Green would cause issues with synthetic fertilizers...

What do you mean by more trimming??
GL

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Cap, have you ever ran Sea Green in Hydro? Would you?
GR33N

Yeah I put in in the tea and I foliar with it and add it to the crown as well. Then I put it in the res. It's good stuff. I don't use any other supplements these days just sea green and the bennies, and sometimes if I have a free sample I use microbelifes photosynth plus too.

shawnskush

shawnskush

so guys since i have some good peeps on this thread i have a deficiency question... whats causing the one I've got it is only affecting my white fires out of 6 strains? i was thinking maybe cal/mg

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
so guys since i have some good peeps on this thread i have a deficiency question... whats causing the one I've got it is only affecting my white fires out of 6 strains? i was thinking maybe cal/mgView attachment 295818

A bunch of my Wifis did that and grew out of it FWIW.

shawnskush

shawnskush

interesting cap hopefully mine do that too! planning on flipping to flower tonight and the plants seem healthy apart for this issue so hopefully its not a problem.

squiggly

squiggly

so guys since i have some good peeps on this thread i have a deficiency question... whats causing the one I've got it is only affecting my white fires out of 6 strains? i was thinking maybe cal/mgView attachment 295818

Nitrogen, cal/mag, or micronutrient.

Probably cal/mag as you suggest--more specifically mag.

Are you in veg still?

If so and you are giving 24hrs light, back it off to 18 and keep feeding as normal--kick in a tiny bit extra cal/mag and see if that clears it up.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'd like to clear up the myth of 'Cal-Mag' deficiencies. It may be threadworthy, but I would need to see if I have pix of The White during that first run where I'd separated out the Ca and the Mg.

I'll just keep it short--there is no such thing as a 'cal-mag' deficiency, based on appearances. One occurs at the top of the plant, the other occurs at the bottom, and both are a function of each mineral's mobility within plant tissues.

So, the pic above? Possibly Mg-, but it really depends on where it's occurring on the plant. It does not resemble the Mg- I've seen.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I'd like to clear up the myth of 'Cal-Mag' deficiencies. It may be threadworthy, but I would need to see if I have pix of The White during that first run where I'd separated out the Ca and the Mg.

I'll just keep it short--there is no such thing as a 'cal-mag' deficiency, based on appearances. One occurs at the top of the plant, the other occurs at the bottom, and both are a function of each mineral's mobility within plant tissues.

So, the pic above? Possibly Mg-, but it really depends on where it's occurring on the plant. It does not resemble the Mg- I've seen.

THANK YOU SEA!!! I agree with you everyone is always on the "just add more cal mag" tip. No offense Squiggs. You can foliar with epsom salt to try to clear up a Mg issue but it won't happen overnight. Same with Ca. There are Ca products for foliar feeding that you can use to correct, but once again the symptoms don't go away overnight.

You can foliar Ca once a week and Mg every other week. It's hard to overdo it that way, and it should help the plants if there is a nutrient deficiency in those departments.

Lets get back on topic sea green vs Nute pack is like apples vs. oranges.

squiggly

squiggly

THANK YOU SEA!!! I agree with you everyone is always on the "just add more cal mag" tip. No offense Squiggs. You can foliar with epsom salt to try to clear up a Mg issue but it won't happen overnight. Same with Ca. There are Ca products for foliar feeding that you can use to correct, but once again the symptoms don't go away overnight.

You can foliar Ca once a week and Mg every other week. It's hard to overdo it that way, and it should help the plants if there is a nutrient deficiency in those departments.

Lets get back on topic sea green vs Nute pack is like apples vs. oranges.

None taken.

Normally I'd make the distinction (and I did suggest it was probably a mag issue to me) but as you say this is something which is sort of widespread. When it comes to being anal about stuff I've learned to pick my battles--especially on these boards.

I'm not exactly winning the popularity contest at THCFarmer these days so I'm trying to be more useful than pedantic these days if I can help it to try and turn that around a bit.

As an aside I think the reason people say cal-mag is two fold:

1. They can look similar at times.

2. There is a product called cal-mag.

Ladyv

Ladyv

Well, just count me in as another who brews the OG Biowar products then adds Sea Green at the end.

I also add Sea to my rez.

FWIW this is the info I received from them when inquiring on product compatibility with Drip Clean:

"They are not counterproductive or harmful if used together. In fact, they'd likely be effective if used in conjunction, its just that Drip Clean works through different mechanisms than Sea Green (Drip Clean being chemically based, and Sea Green being biologically). Drip Clean uses a special salt to bind the other salts and prevent burning, but those bound salts are stuff you paid for! Sea Green makes the fertilizer you paid for completely available and doesn't waste any of your money in that respect. If one were forced to use one or the other, we'd have our biased opinion on the matter, but using the two together wouldn't be harmful, and may even be beneficial (although that testing hasn't been conducted in all honesty)."

squiggly

squiggly

Purple leaf stems are a hint--but not conclusive by any means.

Any time you see chlorosis of any kind it could be Mg deficiency.

Here's why:

chlorophyll.jpg

Mg is actually a required structural component of chlorophyll. If it's missing chlorophyll can fail to be regenerated (it is constantly breaking down).

Another cool thing as an aside, here's what chlorophyll looks like next to the heme group--the active oxygen binding component of hemoglobin:

chlorophyll-hemoglobin.jpg

squiggly

squiggly

I agree with cap 100%, the two products couldn't be any more different.

If I had to choose between them, the best I could come up with was this:

1. Caps pack in veg.

2. Sea green in flower.

The way I see it veg just isn't the same without cap's bennies. After using them there I would NEVER go back. The root explosion and pest control is too awesome.

Once that root system has been established, though, the sea green does something (which I'm really interested in discovering the cause of) that allows you to feed like 25% more to your plants without burning them. Totally priceless in mid-to-late flower.

I'm super glad that I DON'T have to choose between these two products. As I said previously I never would stop using either. Not even if Jesus told me to.

PhMe

PhMe

For some reason, my "the white" clone I got from harborside does the samething, I will post a picture when I can.

squiggly

squiggly

I find Caps products too valuable to give up in flower :)

Definitely. I suppose I get the most gains from using caps in veg in terms of yield/quality.

In flower caps is great for keeping from losing crops to pests, I would never stop using it.

Top Bottom