• Tagged users None

which do you use if either?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
For some reason, my "the white" clone I got from harborside does the samething, I will post a picture when I can.

That's funny. I got this shit on a few of my WiFi clones. Maybe it's somethign in the White... Did your grow out of it like mine did? Sorry back off topic...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
For some reason, my "the white" clone I got from harborside does the samething, I will post a picture when I can.
If you've got a real cut, she needs CALCIUM CALCIUM CALCIUM. Get the ratio of Ca:Mg up to 4:1 at least, and she'll perform a lot better. Won't root any easier, but she performed better for me when I got the Ca up, hard.

So far I haven't grown any other strain that demands as much Ca as The White. In fact, I haven't grown any other strain that's as much of a pain in the ass to grow as The White.

PhMe

PhMe

If you've got a real cut, she needs CALCIUM CALCIUM CALCIUM. Get the ratio of Ca:Mg up to 4:1 at least, and she'll perform a lot better. Won't root any easier, but she performed better for me when I got the Ca up, hard.

So far I haven't grown any other strain that demands as much Ca as The White. In fact, I haven't grown any other strain that's as much of a pain in the ass to grow as The White.
thx, I'll try that next time and watch for any result

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Right but a Ca deficiency normally shows as burnt tips and progresses to necrotic spots from the edges no?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's one of the two ways I've seen it present, or rather three. Sometimes it starts as small, interveinal necrosis that does not reach the leaf margins, other times it starts at the leaf margins. ALWAYS the top leaves, always.

I've never associated burnt tips specifically with a Ca-, usually a P- or a N+ (P- will often also have reddened petioles along with darker green leaves, which can make the N Dx confusing because N+ is burnt tips with dark green leaves, but usually no reddened petioles).

Once I saw the interveinal necrosis expand very quickly to fully necrotize the leaf and into the developing bud, but I've only seen that in conjunction with a root aphid infestation and I've never seen it go that far since then. Root aphids really screw things up, as you already know, so at that point a Ca- was the least of my worries at that time, but since it was The White and I had already gotten to know her quirks in coir, I viewed it as possibly an advanced Ca-, almost akin to blossom end rot. It was ugly, too, I'll tell ya that much! Seeing what started out as perfectly good bud just go necrotic, outlining the calyxes with necrosis. The Ca tell for me was mostly that it only occurred on The White (who, by the by, was the only mother who got PM back after I treated with E20, my one and only time using it).

Does that make sense? I hope I'm making sense, because I didn't take pictures and probably should have.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Definitely. I suppose I get the most gains from using caps in veg in terms of yield/quality.

In flower caps is great for keeping from losing crops to pests, I would never stop using it.
I use it to eat up nutrients in the soil up until last two weeks in flower as well as provide a nitrogen source. Not to mention seperating my synthetics and providing a flush as well during my weekly feeding regimen with overnight results. So I dont agree with you at all.

squiggly

squiggly

I use it to eat up nutrients in the soil up until last two weeks in flower as well as provide a nitrogen source. Not to mention seperating my synthetics and providing a flush as well during my weekly feeding regimen with overnight results. So I dont agree with you at all.

I really feel like people are not paying attention to what I said.

I said

if I had to choose.

Lucky for me I do not have to.

There is no room for disagreement. This is what I would do.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I have never used Sea Green, but with my knowledge of both products it seems like comparing apples to oranges. Caps bennies are strictly beneficial microbes, like fungi and bacteria, but I think Sea Green is different and actually has nutrients in it. If you compared Caps bennies to Great White or AN's Piranha it would make more sense, IMVHO.

Like I said before, I never used Sea Green, but from the info I have I would use Caps bennies if I HAD TO pick ONE product.

There is GREAT info in this thread regardless of my opinion.

Top Bottom