Sea Train or Container Grow??

• Thread starter Purkle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Why bother with the flip flop Texas? Because of the cost of ballast? I would prefer an all in one whack. Maybe a veg room in it so you can replant ASAP but I would rather have one room then two. But thats me and a couple steps behind you. I hope you do this and show us the ropes.

How you gonna cool the cargo container and exhaust lights? Buy a 40 footer man!! That is my dream.

I have a few reasons, first one is that this is just one of a handfull of setups I have goin, so veggin is not even a concern, I don't need dual use out of this particular setup. I also live in a very cold climate right now and by flip floppin the two rooms I can hold constant temperature just off the lights and no supplemental heating at all. I have rooms in the double digits now, so one room isn't even remotely an option anymore even if it is just a single clear span space.

Flip floppin not only cuts your ballast cost, but illiminate 1/2 the heat sources, half the bulbs, half the ballast, half the ballast expense and plus it lets your ballat run 24/7 which according to the manufactures is a much better way to run them, constant load is way better than surge load daily. If you pop them 30 or so days apart you can rock the perpetual harvest with the quickness.

To show how silly we are gettin with it, I am layin out 4 of them side by side for another project.

I laid out another yesterday that is just like you say with a 8x8 veg room and a 10x8 flower room with a pass through between them, turnkey setup..

Tex

G

grizz

Damn it Tex I love your style.If I ever get out of the city and back to my NM property your going to have to contract youtself out to me fot a day or two and help me set a double wide system up. Can you post some pics of what your doing?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I just hooked up with a local archeitect that is gung ho on firing up a prefab operation..I am starting to source containers in lots of five right out of the shoot. Should be crazy.

I am about to start my prototype for myself in the next couple of weeks, I am starting to accumulate the parts now, where is the ballast fairy when ya need him???lol

I have a group of people fired up about it here locally now, so look out, all kinds of possiblities

Tex

G

grizz

man your going to make the $. wouldent doubt you could get out of the grow and just sell the pre fab units to us . It would be great just to get it all ready turn key and plug it in and grow..

P

ProGroWannabe

man your going to make the $. wouldent doubt you could get out of the grow and just sell the pre fab units to us . It would be great just to get it all ready turn key and plug it in and grow..

Yeah no shit grizz....and from somebody that wouldn't be runnin their mouth about where they dropped it. Cool idea!

G

grizz

OK Tex, give me a 20 ft set up stadium for 12 ft, divider wall with door. flower room set with 4 or 5 1000w half halide half hps. 8x8 room set up for around 8 moms under t5's a cloneing set up for at least 200 cuts, nute res, shelves for nutes and supplys and shelves for vegging 1 week in beer cups for one week t5's also. whats the price tag?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
OK Tex, give me a 20 ft set up stadium for 12 ft, divider wall with door. flower room set with 4 or 5 1000w half halide half hps. 8x8 room set up for around 8 moms under t5's a cloneing set up for at least 200 cuts, nute res, shelves for nutes and supplys and shelves for vegging 1 week in beer cups for one week t5's also. whats the price tag?

We are putting a 3ft little service acess area in the front so that when you open the end doors the midnight sun doesn't beam out accross the universe.So you only have about 16'10" to work with inside the 20footer.

I can do 10ft stadium and 7x8ft veg or whatever combination you want.

I got refridgerated units quoted today, should have prices tomorrow.

Tex

G

grizz

guess I better go 40 he he. Im sure 40 or two 20's side xside would do it. just thinking it. will be a couple more years before I can go home but might join you in this prefab grow rm buiss. gonna do some investgating the city codes and talk to my hydro store about working with me on it. take care tex and keep on trucking.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
guess I better go 40 he he. Im sure 40 or two 20's side xside would do it. just thinking it. will be a couple more years before I can go home but might join you in this prefab grow rm buiss. gonna do some investgating the city codes and talk to my hydro store about working with me on it. take care tex and keep on trucking.

40ft cost the same as the 20ft from the container yard, in some cases it's cheaper

Have welder will travel

Tex

P

ProGroWannabe

Since grizz already brought up the subject of price, I have a question. Do the same peeps that are selling the containers offer a trucking service to transport them to a person's site?

I'm guessing that the customer has to arrange their own shipping from the yard to the site?

G

grizz

Since grizz already brought up the subject of price, I have a question. Do the same peeps that are selling the containers offer a trucking service to transport them to a person's site?

I'm guessing that the customer has to arrange their own shipping from the yard to the site?
the company that sells the containers usally will deliver them to you, I don't know if the have a delivery charge or not but my guessis yes I am sure its reasonable if they do.

P

ProGroWannabe

Thanks grizz. I bet the shipping is gonna suck comin from the coast to the midwest...lol. If I ever get to execute this dream rig, I guess I'll let everyone know what it cost me.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
They are in the container biz, they will take it where ever you want them to, on a train, on a ship, on a truck, on a skid drop, it's a shipping container for cryin out load....

You can spec the type of truck in some cases though but most of the time it is a tilt off skid truck, so they need a little clearence to get in and out of th place where your goin to put it.

Here are some off of CL around here..Dallas,TX Atlanta,GA, Houston,TX, Costa Mesa,CA, New Jersey, all are hotbeds for thses things, basically any port town has them laying around..hell you could probably cut a deal with the night watchman at the yard and get one on the real cheap..

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here are a few I have been screwin with today

Tex

20FootDryVans
P

ProGroWannabe

For an "all in one," it would be hard to beat that fourth one. A space for everything.

O

Otto

I was just discussing these container grows with my mom over a bowl this morning, and she informed me that my grandparents still have about 10 or so of these big containers still left out at their storage lot/ranch...no shit.

-Otto

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I was just discussing these container grows with my mom over a bowl this morning, and she informed me that my grandparents still have about 10 or so of these big containers still left out at their storage lot/ranch...no shit.

-Otto

What state?

Holla...I would be down for a joint venture to knock some out and turn them so we all get one for free plus a chunk of money..

Tex

O

Otto

Their ranch is up in the Texoma area, ill make a call right now. See whats up with em'.

-Otto

Top Bottom