Sea Train or Container Grow??

• Thread starter Purkle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
The best I have seen so far is to get it setup as a refridgerator truck fromthe get go right from the container yard..that is a coll 3ton 3 fan unit that will chill the shit out of it if ya need.

So your saying just buy one off the yard with the a/c installed? Dont try to do it myself? I priced a 40'high cube refridgerated and they quoted me 7500usd. A little steep for me if I can just build one cheaper. Am I getting ripped off?

Whats up with the 10'wide x 40'long ones? I thought they made those too. I would like that so I could do 1k's side by side and still have a foot to walk.

Thanks for all your help TK, you have been the best for this thread. Peace man and have a good day.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
They are rippin you off, but if your doin it like that the charge between $2800-$3200 for the container alone and then the a/c

20 footers around here are around $800, gotta do a little pressin the flesh though, horse tradin...

Tex

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks man. So I guess its cheaper if you live in the middle of the USA instead of near a bunch of ports in the west coast. Sheesh go figure. Gotta do my homework and find that deal out there. If anyone gets quotes for a 40' with cooling let me know what it was.

D

DNDGrower

I have a relative that made one into his grow shop. Good stuff.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If your on the west coast especially in a port town, they can be found cheap and 40 footers are as cheap or cheaper than the 20 footers are....

Craigs list...Costa Mesa, San Diego, and Los Angeles any of those should have a few and then you can call the rehabbers right around the ports..

Tex

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the tips man. Gotta love CL.

D

Dyslexic

I've seen the Hot Box setup and it looks like a great idea to me. They are pricey but I'm sure you can do it yourself cheeper. I think useing a Cargo Cont is a good idea.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
I need links or info on a A/C company or brand that would work for these. Anyone?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
These are the ones i am lookin at right now and about to make a move..

Tex

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
So I checked those out but they didnt list them as a 3 ton unit just in BTU's. So I gotta convert the BTU's to tons and get a 3 Ton unit for something like a 20' container. I hope I am right. A little help maybe? I am thinking one of the last two would work. Those units look slick and sleek. Thanks for the link Tex.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
12,000btu = 1 ton

3 ton for a 20ft container with 8k

Tex

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Once again TK helps a brotha out!! We shoulda been neighbors so I could just stop by for a learning lesson.

dj.scotfree

dj.scotfree

quote: "You must spread some Reputation before giving it to Texas Kid again."
Great idea a little wayz back in the thread (Under the Dog Kennel!) Brilliant...

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
So any progress Tk on your containers? I would love a sneak peak into one.

M

Madkush

Sorry to bring up a old thread but I have a few containers avail. Where you able to make these work?

Top Bottom