Sea's Home For Ladies Of Ill Repute

• Thread starter SeaF0ur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I'll be starting taste testing on a few samples...

MCD 1 has a strong dirty, grapefruit flavor. this one definitely matches the description of "sucking grapefruit juice through a dirty truck stop mop. Potency is certainly within desired levels. not too strong, not too weak... I smoke quite a bit, so for me to notice a head-change within a few puffs puts it in a decent spot. The dirty grapefruit lingers as an aftertaste.

MCD 2 has a few random pieces with a slightly lavender hue upon grinding. It has a cleaner, yet less grapefruit flavor, although it is clearly grapefruit, it also has a floral note. potency is a touch less than number 1 so I reckon most folks would consider it a good tasting "daytime" smoke. This one also lingers as an aftertaste.

So far, all 4 pheno's of Minion City Diesel are grapefruit in aroma, and 2 translate directly into flavor, 2 still remain to be harvested and tasted... but those remaining are both the best looking and frostiest, and the one is clearly the strongest smelling... I'm torn... if they are similar in potency, I could see possibly keeping both phenos, and mixing them up in the jar... not sure I have room for that, so I may need to make a rough decision...

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Reporting for duty

Aptly named, then. Kahlisi!

(Good to see another GoT fan here.)

I have to admit, the thread confuzzled me for a minute there, I couldn't remember posting up such a thread. :D

Subscribed for another sea-thing!

The fella quoted above you is responsible for both the name and the breeding of that fine specimen...
And I see the confusion lol... although I'm actually called Sea in my real life LOL...

P 001

SG1

SG1

16 phenos of Khalisi went to the labs for THC testing yesterday.
Love this stuff, F-2's are gonna be even better.
Just for info - Khalisi's mother (Jihad) has been in cutting only form for 34+ years.
Some old school genes bred with the little used Purps line.
I expect great things.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Khalisi 1 has a strong fruity floral scent that the wife thinks is similar to a lily. The flavor is also a sweet floral that tastes like I imagine chewing on flower petals would. My stone was lowered quite a bit so potency again is well within the range we need it to be. The wife agrees that the stone is quite good and she liked the flavor a great deal.

Khalisi 2 is stronger smelling, still slightly floral, but more fruity and has a piney raspberry aroma. The pine comes out in the flavor although its covered in a fruit flavor somewhere between honeydew melon and mango. Its a real good heavy smoke that expands in your chest, but it is not harsh, nor did the wife choke on the smoke, it just has a heavy feel. It did not seem quite as potent as the first pheno which clearly won in that regard.

grower4life

grower4life

View attachment 462109

As the title implies, I'm always on the hunt for bad bitches... Here are some that just went in jars...

-Sea

Khalisi - Sanctuary Gardens
View attachment 462110
...................|---Double Afghani Indica
...........|---Jihad
Khalisi
...........|---BC Bud Depot's The Purps

Pimp Daddy Purps - Sanctuary Gardens
View attachment 462119
...........|---GDP (skinny grape pheno)
Pimp Daddy Purps

Bruce Banner 5
View attachment 462111

Grape Ape RD cut
View attachment 462112

Minion City Diesel - Sanctuary Gardens
View attachment 462113
..............................|---DJ Short Blueberry
...........|---Blue City Diesel
...........|..................|---New York City Diesel
Minion City Diesel

Minion City Diesel
Pheno #2 - Sanctuary Gardens
View attachment 462117

Cali-O
View attachment 462114

Buddah's Sister
View attachment 462115

MrGoodBudz Donkey Kong (Orgnkid's Banana Og x Ohio Deathstar)
View attachment 462118

GroundPounder Purps
View attachment 462116
An unknown found in a field and brought from Afghanistan to America sewn under a patch on a USMC uniform.
GPPurps is one sexy girl!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Interesting point. I've also come across great strains without much frost. Inversely, I've also seen real frosty garbage. Drying and curing cannabis properly could be one factor, but plentiful trichomes are not the be-all and end-all of potency...
Potency of Cannabis can be roughly estimated by : Size of trichome head, length of trichome stalk, number of trichomes/mm squared.
However what has to be taken into consideration is the composition of the trichome in regards to its cannabinoids and terpenes. Some terpenes affect cell-wall permeability and increase the human bodys THC absorption rates. DJ Short said in one of his books that the best he'd ever had actually did not test very high for THC. It is my thought that the terpene combinations are MUCH more important than THC numbers, and therefore, you could easily have a really frosty strain that does not contain the right combinations of terpenoids to get you properly sedated. Oppositely, you could have a low THC sample with little frost - but the right terpene combinations to absorb every bit of it.

I think of it like this.

The THC% in a test gives you a MAXIMUM amount of the potential THC that the body can possibly absorb.
The terpenes and secondary metabolites are the gatekeepers that either allow or deny that contained THC from being absorbed properly.
Yep called the entourage effect!!!!

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Well... after a test smoke I'm undecided... While the silvery purple & green pistil'd MCD4 is beautiful, potent, and Grapefruit in both flavor and aroma... MCD3 is more dense and less colorful, but similar in other aspects of flavor and odor... the grapefruit is slightly stronger in MCD4, but MCD3 seems a touch more potent... hell of a problem to have I reckon...

IMG 20141216 112917
IMG 20141216 113051
IMG 20141216 113056
IMG 20141216 113031
IMG 20141216 112939

I'm leaning towards MCD3 simply for the slight increase in potency as well as the amount of trichomes per squared millimeter... not sure how I can bring myself to kill the other one though.. I run em again before I decide...

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Grape Ape - Somewhat grape flavor... kinda like the fake grape in cough syrup. Decent stone, good looks, but not too powerful, so I'm not sure how many runs she'll stay
IMG 20141219 135120
IMG 20141219 135305
IMG 20141219 135356
IMG 20141219 135416
IMG 20141219 135424

Pimp Daddy Purps - This first pheno has a floral scent and flavor that seems similar to Khalisi. A nice, powerful stone, and a good bit of bag appeal... At some point, I will go through some more PDP's to see if I can find the same potency with a bit of a different flavor simply because it is so similar to my Khalisi.
IMG 20141219 135533
IMG 20141219 135715
IMG 20141219 135836
IMG 20141219 135907
IMG 20141219 135807

If I'm honest... I find myself reaching for the MCD pheno I found that is a pure clean grapefruit in flavor and smell more than anything else lately... the longer it jars, the more potent it's getting and the grapefruit flavor keeps getting stronger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom