Second grow ever RDWC system

• Thread starter Buzzking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzking

Buzzking

Have some close up pics of the leaves?
This is the best I can get out of my iPhone camera. Going to buy a digital microscope with 1000x as they seem reasonably priced. My fear it’s too late for these plants though 🤔
D3E009A8 9EA0 42DC 85B2 095F541432CF
CE9F6545 1524 442E B24B 3F5FB2CFBC0E
E9A34B50 BF1F 40F9 A3AB 8B42EAEF490C
FF5CB18C CF9B 49C0 A5D7 223E128DDF68
FF5CB18C CF9B 49C0 A5D7 223E128DDF68
8EC37604 25ED 4698 BC7D F73BD01D145E

Last edited:
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Going to buy a digital microscope with 1000x as the seem reasonably priced. My dear it’s too late for these plants though 🤔
So are you going to wait before you do anything until you get the scope? Would be nice to have a look at whatever it is that is affecting them (verify) before you took major steps, does your friend have a scope you can use?

I'm not seeing the wet looking, glossy leaves that I read about when talking about broad mites. Still looks to me like a pest of some sort, especially with the new photos. No expert here though. The scope is your best friend right now imo.

Good luck with it bro, I'll be hoping for the best.

Buzzking

Buzzking

So are you going to wait before you do anything until you get the scope? Would be nice to have a look at whatever it is that is affecting them (verify) before you took major steps, does your friend have a scope you can use?

I'm not seeing the wet looking, glossy leaves that I read about when talking about broad mites. Still looks to me like a pest of some sort, especially with the new photos. No expert here though. The scope is your best friend right now imo.

Good luck with it bro, I'll be hoping for the best.
Thanks SweetLeaf. I agree with your assessment don’t see the wet leaves but something definitely wrong. Just ordered scope will be here tomorrow

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Those little fu**s can all just die.

Can't tell what they are, but from what I have seen treatment is pretty much the same for all mites. Sorry bro, this has nothing to do with your RDWC skills and you were actually crushing it for a second grow. Don't let this deter you. The nutpunch that doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Buzzking

Buzzking

Those little fu**s can all just die.

Can't tell what they are, but from what I have seen treatment is pretty much the same for all mites. Sorry bro, this has nothing to do with your RDWC skills and you were actually crushing it for a second grow. Don't let this deter you. The nutpunch that doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
Thanks Moe appreciate all your help and support. Taking these 4 girls to the local yard waste dump now then start sterilizing the tent and equipment to try again. Definitely not giving up

Buzzking

Buzzking

I am going with thrips looking back at your plant pics.
Bum deal dude. ☹️
I treat issues like this in veg, but in flower I do just like you mentioned.🗑️
Thanks dude! Don’t think they are thrips, were much smaller needed a decent amount of magnification to see them.

Last edited:
Buzzking

Buzzking

I’ve got bag seeds but don’t really want to run those. I’ve got a couple buddies that have clones but one of them was the one that gave me the last clones with the infestation. He says he has everything cleaned up and under control now but I’m skeptical. The other buddy had a similar issue last year and shut things down for 6 months and is just starting up again. So long story short I was shopping for seeds last night but haven’t pulled the trigger on anything yet.

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey bro, send me a DM, I have a bunch of seeds I can share some with you if you are interested. Let me know and I can send you a list of the strains that I have.
^^^ cool dude right there.

I got seeds too. My dad is coming home again today, so life should be getting back to normal a little soon. If you want to get together this weekend and grab some seeds, we can do that. I just want clones back from anything you grow out so I can tissue culture them and put them on ice in case you find a stellar pheno.

I have several IBLs, stuff from OldSog, Stuff from DragonsFlame, and a ton more.

Madmax

Madmax

Thanks Moe appreciate all your help and support. Taking these 4 girls to the local yard waste dump now then start sterilizing the tent and equipment to try again. Definitely not giving up
Looks like russet mite infestation looking at the buds..they might take awhile to get rid of..
@1diesel1 what you think he should clean room down with.I’d say will have to clean it more than once before starting again..

Buzzking

Buzzking

^^^ cool dude right there.

I got seeds too. My dad is coming home again today, so life should be getting back to normal a little soon. If you want to get together this weekend and grab some seeds, we can do that. I just want clones back from anything you grow out so I can tissue culture them and put them on ice in case you find a stellar pheno.

I have several IBLs, stuff from OldSog, Stuff from DragonsFlame, and a ton more.
Ok thanks for the offer! Let me get things cleaned up over here and will let you know about possibly meeting up. Not sure if I can swing this weekend but soon

Buzzking

Buzzking

Looks like russet mite infestation looking at the buds..they might take awhile to get rid of..
@1diesel1 what you think he should clean room down with.I’d say will have to clean it more than once before starting again..
That’s what I was thinking too. Look forward to the reply on this one. Was thinking I should start with a bleach spray down at maybe 1:10 bleach to water ratio? Plan on pulling system out of there too and cleaning it down then after tent is good and sterile set it up again. Not sure how long these things live or the eggs stick around without plant material in the room?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If it is hemp russet mites, I can tell you what I did.

First, don't clean. Spray everything as is with a bleach solution.
If you can, turn the heat up. This will force the hatching of any eggs.
In 2 days treat again. Then clean up. That way any remnants of eggs or whatever that you might disturb should already be dead.

Don't use a vacuum or anything like that to clean. Use paper towels and immediately remove them from the house in a sealed up garbage bag.

Just imagine you are trying to clean up an explosion of confetti or something, and you are trying to first get it wet with bleach or treatment and then physically remove it without getting it anywhere but in the plastic garbage bag.

I used in addition to bleach:
Micronized sulfur
Smite
Lost Coast Plant Therapy

I used all 3 and am still using all 3 for this new grow. If done by the label, it will not hurt your plants, but all but guarantees the life cycle in the immediate area will be stopped dead.

The problem is all the other areas that you could have tracked eggs or whatever into. I used a steam cleaner on the tent, walkways, etc. I at first cleaned my tables and such with ISO, but then learned iso alcohol is ineffective on these bastards.

I can start seeds for you if you want, lets talk this weekend. Cheers.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Did the feel and smell test, no sliminess smells organic or plant like nothing fowl. Pics below

Changed water Tuesday left about 4-5 gallons of old water in system. Was at 0.8 EC tried bumping up a little ended up at 1.0 EC or 500ppm on the 500tds scale. PH of course kept dropping thanks to buffers in tap water but pretty good at monitoring and adjusting keeping it under 6 around 5.7-5.8 when leveled out.

Aeration looks good in my opinion. Tried dropping water to get 1” below pots but as Sweetleaf mentioned with these big pots PA supplies hard to run it that low and keep recirculation going. Afraid if I go lower a little water consumption will cause level to go below return.

View attachment 1323862View attachment 1323866View attachment 1323863View attachment 1323864View attachment 1323865
View attachment 1323870
How are you liking the PA Hydroponics Fallponics system? I am contemplating getting that or the old school 5 gallon bucket rdwc version they sell for a lil less than the Fallponics system.

Latest posts

Top Bottom