Second grow ever RDWC system

• Thread starter Buzzking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Looks like russet mite infestation looking at the buds..they might take awhile to get rid of..
@1diesel1 what you think he should clean room down with.I’d say will have to clean it more than once before starting again..
Heavy bleach and heat cleaning,
If you got em you need to manage them.
If you can safely use xylene use it!
It will kill everything, remember personal protective equipment when using harsh chemicals.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

How are you liking the PA Hydroponics Fallponics system? I am contemplating getting that or the old school 5 gallon bucket rdwc version they sell for a lil less than the Fallponics system.
I’ve been running fallponocs for 8 years now. If you are doing RDWC it’s is the way to go unless you have height issues. Tends to lend itself to larger plants. Big roots = big fruits.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

How are you liking the PA Hydroponics Fallponics system? I am contemplating getting that or the old school 5 gallon bucket rdwc version they sell for a lil less than the Fallponics system.
I love mine and just built a 4 site system from parts and saved a couple hundred bucks. Either way, it's a great system, just don't like the hump. I cut a hole in my tent for the return line.

Also, you need to get the lids undrilled and use smaller net pots for Cannabis.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Would a steam cleaner work on getting rid of them? 😵

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Would a steam cleaner work on getting rid of them? 😵

View attachment 1336488
View attachment 1336489
That's what steamroller suggested to me in my fog thread. I did that on the carpets and in the nooks and crannies of the tent, but I have no way of telling if I actually killed anything. I think it did. Especially on the carpet in the office where I was working with samples under the microscope.

It made me feel better even if it did nothing.

This plus bleach is what I’m using for treatment

A3FDC1C8 B979 434C 8550 F90679F84337

Buzzking

Buzzking

Heavy bleach and heat cleaning,
If you got em you need to manage them.
If you can safely use xylene use it!
It will kill everything, remember personal protective equipment when using harsh chemicals.
Thanks for the advice! Sounds like I’ve got some work to do 😰

Buzzking

Buzzking

Love mine!. Like Sweetleaf mentioned make the changes he suggests if you can. I still have the hump in mine but modified it slightly and added an auto fill valve and extra top off reservoir so I can run water levels a bit lower without having to worry about it. And as Moe states the results speak for themselves massive roots and stalk, scroll back through some of my pics in this thread, still had 5 weeks of flower to go and the roots were almost filling the tubs

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

That's what steamroller suggested to me in my fog thread. I did that on the carpets and in the nooks and crannies of the tent, but I have no way of telling if I actually killed anything. I think it did. Especially on the carpet in the office where I was working with samples under the microscope.

It made me feel better even if it did nothing.

This plus bleach is what I’m using for treatment

View attachment 1336510
I am going to get that micronized sulfur. And maybe a bug bomb. Then bleach the ever loving shit out of my tent and my lungroom. I don't see any bugs but the damage is obvious.
IMG 20230303 124050617

H

Hellbent60

A little concerned about root discoloration. Seeing slight brownish color. Oh and found out my digital thermometer that is recording water temp is 10 degrees lower than actual! Long story as to how I found that out but glad I did, water is actually around 74 F so wondering if I need a chiller to cool it down?

Anyone have opinion on how roots look and if the warmer water might be encouraging bad bacteria? Should I do anything at this point or just give it another dose of Orca and hope the good starts to take over the bad?
View attachment 1323848View attachment 1323849
If you are looking for a cheap DIY chiller try this. Buy a used water cooler off kijiji or facebook market place ( $15- $35 ), one that you would normally put a 5 gal jug in the top. Now tear it apart so that you are left with the compressor and the cooling coil. Some of the cooling coils are coated in a protective plastic and some are not. If the one you have doesn't have a protective coating on it just wrap a plastic bag around the coil so you don't get any oxidation in your nutrients. Place the coil directly into your nutrient reservoir. Buy a device that will monitor your water temp. I use the Inkbird ITC-308 ($50). Plug the compressor into the cooling plug on the device and set your water temps, I set my water temp at 67 deg and set the turn on temp at +2 deg (69). Here are examples of the 2 coo;ers I am talking about....

Compressor1
Compressor2
Top Bottom