Second time growing

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Icristal

Icristal

As I have said before, this second grow has been a learning curve big time. From mag problems to root bound plant to light issues, but a good experience to have. I never noticed any issues with my lights until today. Somehow the switch on my timer was shut off and so the lights did not go out for thier 12/12. Looks like it has been about a week of this, from how the plant acted, and i though it was a nute issues. Today was the first day in a long time I was here when they were supposed to go out since the flip and had not sealed the room yet. So when I did, it was past light out and they were still on. I though my timer died so was going to replace it with my new one and that's when I discovered the switch was off,,,grrrrr,,now will pay attention more often and will put a piece of tape over it so it does not accidently get shut off again. The room is sealed good, so never noticed it before lights on in the evening, because I never opened the room until an hr after lights on. So another set back, but they will be fine, I have confidence they will recover. To deal with the root bound issues, I cut the bottom of the pots off and placed them in a larger containers of soil, without disturbing the root too much. They need to have more room, and if I every mainline again, the pot size progression will be different, because of the amount of time to train them. The special lady which I almost culled, got a bigger pot and was moved outdoors and is a Happy lady once more. I am amazed at her recovery.

Canappa

Canappa

As I have said before, this second grow has been a learning curve big time. From mag problems to root bound plant to light issues, but a good experience to have. I never noticed any issues with my lights until today. Somehow the switch on my timer was shut off and so the lights did not go out for thier 12/12. Looks like it has been about a week of this, from how the plant acted, and i though it was a nute issues. Today was the first day in a long time I was here when they were supposed to go out since the flip and had not sealed the room yet. So when I did, it was past light out and they were still on. I though my timer died so was going to replace it with my new one and that's when I discovered the switch was off,,,grrrrr,,now will pay attention more often and will put a piece of tape over it so it does not accidently get shut off again. The room is sealed good, so never noticed it before lights on in the evening, because I never opened the room until an hr after lights on. So another set back, but they will be fine, I have confidence they will recover. To deal with the root bound issues, I cut the bottom of the pots off and placed them in a larger containers of soil, without disturbing the root too much. They need to have more room, and if I every mainline again, the pot size progression will be different, because of the amount of time to train them. The special lady which I almost culled, got a bigger pot and was moved outdoors and is a Happy lady once more. I am amazed at her recovery.

Its always a learning experience, each grow is different and each plant is different. With all the years I have in growing I always still find a way to fuck something up. But I learn from my mistakes and keep going, that is what make you a better grower. Dont follow everyone do what fits you best. Its you second grow looks good! dont worry about mistakes they will happen at least you didnt loose the whole crop, I have done that before. How is the 3 leaf pheno doing? If you ever need anything just ask the farm is full of help;)

Last edited:
Icristal

Icristal

Its always a learning experience, each grow is different and each plant is different. With all the years I have in growing I always still find a way to fuck something up. But I learn from my mistakes and keep going, that is what make you a better grower. Dont follow everyone do what fits you best. Its you second grow looks good! dont worry about mistakes they will happen at least you didnt loose the whole crop, I have done that before. How is the 3 leaf pheno doing? If you ever need anything just ask the farm is full of help;)

The 3 leaf pheno is a normal growth pheno for now. the 3rd leaf actually fused to another, like a webfoot one. Still watching close. Will be getting new shoes this week and will post updated pic's then.

As for the indoor lady's, if the larger size container takes and lights back to 12/12, they should be fine, just add another week to flowering,,lol,, It worked for the little lady, but she likes outdoors better too.

I have a question? Is it possible to have well water good enough, so when you add nutes to your flowers they don't like them????

Canappa

Canappa

The 3 leaf pheno is a normal growth pheno for now. the 3rd leaf actually fused to another, like a webfoot one. Still watching close. Will be getting new shoes this week and will post updated pic's then.

As for the indoor lady's, if the larger size container takes and lights back to 12/12, they should be fine, just add another week to flowering,,lol,, It worked for the little lady, but she likes outdoors better too.

I have a question? Is it possible to have well water good enough, so when you add nutes to your flowers they don't like them????

I dont know that much about how good well water is but the most important thing to remember is pH and ppm's. Check the water before adding nutes and after adding nutes to the water. I still cant she why she does not like nutes? The light problem may be the cause? I run city water and its below 200pmm and 7.0 pH before I add the nutes .

Icristal

Icristal

I dont know that much about how good well water is but the most important thing to remember is pH and ppm's. Check the water before adding nutes and after adding nutes to the water. I still cant she why she does not like nutes? The light problem may be the cause? I run city water and its below 200pmm and 7.0 pH before I add the nutes .
Thanks Canappa, my PH out of tap is always 6.7 every time i check, once was 7.,,,runoff on plant measures between 6 and 6.5 ph. So PH has never been an issue. and I always draw the water a day or 2 before using. I do not have anything to test the ppm. I will look into this, thanks. I checked them out this morning before lights out and all are looking better. Put them in bigger shoes last night and trimmed off dead leaves, watered well. Now that they have additional fresh soil (FFO), nutes will be limited as the soil has some it it. I will keep up with the mag. as this is an issues on both grows. And have SOS to get the micro's going in the soil. Looking forward to lights on to see. Couple of days recovery and switching from 12/12 to 14/10, for the last few weeks. Moon dawgs will get new shoes in next cpl days, just got more soil,,lol,,also am going to add additional perlite to loosen it up a bit more.

Icristal

Icristal

Update on the outdoor lady's. All have been caged and are doing wonderful, I love growing outdoors. The colas are stacking up and the smell in the air is sweet. Haha hubby thought there was a skunk outside this morning and it was my lady's,,,hahahaha.
Lady #1 notice in picture #3 the cute "Daddy Long Leg Spider" they are all over the lady's keeping them safe,,,lol
1 1a 1b
Lady #2
2 2b
Lady #3
3 3a 3b
Lady #4
4 4a 4b
Group shot

And the special/bitch lady I put outdoor when it almost died indoors, doing pretty good. Still a runt though.
Ba Bb

Icristal

Icristal

The outdoor lady's got hit by frost 9/15, but recovered very well, misted them first thing to break up the crystals. I have to move them, the sun is not hitting them until noon now. More frost coming later this week, so they will be covered at night.

Now for the indoor lady's. I have not posted on them in a while, only because I was not sure they would survive. After 3 weeks of flower, the light switch got hit somehow and they had 24/7 for around a week n a half. Obviously the started to reveg and were looking pretty sick. So I re-potted them, got a PPM meter, and went to work on them. It took several weeks to get them back and now are doing better than expected. I actually will get some nice product from them. These are the 2 mainlined ones. The frost is setting in good and the buds look real nice. Still some damaged leaves on them, but not touching or cutting anything right now. They are doing fine the way they are, need no more setbacks for them. I am actually glad for all the issues with them, I have learned so much this grow and have more to learn as I continue to grow. And for the suggestion for the PPM meter from the farmers, yes, this has made it possible to nurse them back. My feedings were so far off it was sick. So thank for the help all the farmers here.
Here they are in no order, just some shots to see. Have some eagle claw on one, but she is doing great, they are always reaching for the light too.
1 2
One of them has some strange looking leaves, and there are allot of 3 leaf per stem on the same one.
2a
3 4 20140915 222644

Icristal

Icristal

Beautiful pics lcristal! You have a nice touch with the camera! Looks like they are trying to stack up! Nice work!

Thanks DC105, Looking forward to them finishing, they are smelling quite good too, but the Moondawg smells overpower them. And have the moondawg lady's in waiting to go and do there thing in the flower room. lol

Icristal

Icristal

Another frost tonight and tomorrow night, all tucked in for the night. lol
20140917 181618

Icristal

Icristal

Latest update; the special lady/bitch I tossed outside to finish growing after all her troubles has produced a decent amount of bud. She was culled/trimmed today and pictures will follow. She is dank as can be and sticky, sticky, sticky. I do not have any clones for her, because I thought she was a dud and did not reproduce her. Soooooooooooo, I will be working real hard to reveg. her, she has been cut, and I left a bunch of popcorn/leaves on the bottom stems and replanted in fresh soil. I think she is a Purple Kush, but do not know for sure. Very surprised and pleased with what she has produced.

Pictures below are, waiting to be trimmed, fully trimmed and some close-ups.
1 2 3 4 5 6

germinator

germinator

Hit her with some nitrogen nute like fox farms growbig when you stick her back in veg. she will kick ass.......good luck

Icristal

Icristal

Hit her with some nitrogen nute like fox farms growbig when you stick her back in veg. she will kick ass.......good luck
Thanks Germinator, I do have those nutes, she is in fresh FFO soil, so has enough nutes in there for a little while. It will be awhile before she comes back, but I can wait,,lol. I have 2 inside that are going to be culled in the next 2 weeks and 4 more outdoor to be culled soon, going to be busy, but it has been a long wait for good meds again. :)

germinator

germinator

Cool....busy bee equals lots of honey.... extra nitrogen will signal her to reveg. may just speed things up for ya........

germinator

germinator

I use 2 teaspoons per gallon (same as i use for veg.) water give it a good drench and she'll get your message loud and clear. Best vibes

Icristal

Icristal

I use 2 teaspoons per gallon (same as i use for veg.) water give it a good drench and she'll get your message loud and clear. Best vibes
Thank you for your help,I will try it. I love this site, you all are so helpful,,ty ty ty

Happy growing :)

Icristal

Icristal

I quick dried a little bud from the lady I cut last night. All I have to say is,,Hell Yea,,exactly what I like and have been looking for. I can imagine whats to come once cured. Now to work hard on revegging her to work with her somemore. (huge :) )

germinator

germinator

Good karma for you! Cool .....do you have a special quick dry technique? I'm always stealing early buds for tasting, its one of my fav privileges of being king in my harem.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom