Second time growing

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bluzboy

Bluzboy

LOL at me couldn't wait to show updated pictures. This is before trimming and sending to flower this upcoming weekend.

Pic 1 and 2 , mainline, 8 colas, love this method.
View attachment 423572 View attachment 423573

Pic 3 and 4, other mainline, have to top the 2 center ones I think. Like other method better, but the end will tell.
View attachment 423574 View attachment 423582

Pic 5 and 6, my special lady, she is filling out very nice and have been tying her down somewhat. But love the way she grows, new growth a real light green, then darkens right up. Makes you look twice to see if there is something wrong, but it is one of the ladies traits. Love the stem on her, I have also notice she has quite a bit of purple in her stems.
View attachment 423577 View attachment 423578
More updates down the road, respect all.
Wow, you got some exceptional skills in manicuring and structuring as well as a green thumb. Really nice impressive work.
Bluzboy

infocus

infocus

you are doing really well for your second time!

When you say candy, you mean canna candy? mind sharing what and how? has me interested. :)

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Ur plants are looking really nice. Loving the outdoor stuff as I love to grow veggies and "tomatoes" ;) myself. How much are u feeding those indoor plants? Look like they could use a bit more food.

Good job @Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

Ur plants are looking really nice. Loving the outdoor stuff as I love to grow veggies and "tomatoes" ;) myself. How much are u feeding those indoor plants? Look like they could use a bit more food.

Good job @Icristal
The indoor plants are all getting different quantities of nutes, now they are in flower, in veg. they just had water. One gets full dose, 2nd get 1/2 dose and the 3rd, the touchy lady does not like nutes at all, but she is a cal/mag whore, lol and they all get SOS once a week. The one with 1/2 dose is upgrading to 3/4 doses tonight and should be at full dose by next week.
But the special lady, (right now I could think of a very different name for her) she will not have any nutes, unless I can find something that she would like, I tried quarter, half, tiny doses and nope she no like. I am thinking she is not so special anymore. And she has always been a lime green color thru her growth. A strange one. All 3 have been a challenge this time growing, but keeps me on my toes. I try not to get frustrated when I don't feel I am dialing them in with what they want.

Thanks the veg. garden is doing great, lots of work still as harvest is happening quick this year.

Icristal

Icristal

you are doing really well for your second time!

When you say candy, you mean canna candy? mind sharing what and how? has me interested. :)

Yes canna candy, have not tried it yet. But have looked at many recipes and probably will do my own thing as I always do, lol. I need to make a few batches without any meds first, don't want to lose good meds on candy that don't harden. I want to do hard candy first, only because I think it will store longer than choc. or caramel. But am not ruling out working with chocolates.

I have seen recipes that use the butter, oil or tincture. I have all 3 mediums, so can try them all. When I do pin down a recipe, I would be more than happy to share it and how too's. I am sure there must be others here who have tried. Maybe they can set up a section for cooking with cannabis, then people can post what they have tried or made and the do's and don'ts,,,lol I will let you know as soon as I make some. I work as a Chef at a local restaurant, so cooking is not too much of a challenge, lol Last time I made hard candy was many yrs ago, one Halloween made candy apples and all day suckers (made in mini muffin pans with pops stick in it, takes forever to eat one).

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

The indoor plants are all getting different quantities of nutes, now they are in flower, in veg. they just had water. One gets full dose, 2nd get 1/2 dose and the 3rd, the touchy lady does not like nutes at all, but she is a cal/mag whore, lol and they all get SOS once a week. The one with 1/2 dose is upgrading to 3/4 doses tonight and should be at full dose by next week.
But the special lady, (right now I could think of a very different name for her) she will not have any nutes, unless I can find something that she would like, I tried quarter, half, tiny doses and nope she no like. I am thinking she is not so special anymore. And she has always been a lime green color thru her growth. A strange one. All 3 have been a challenge this time growing, but keeps me on my toes. I try not to get frustrated when I don't feel I am dialing them in with what they want.

Thanks the veg. garden is doing great, lots of work still as harvest is happening quick this year.

Yep takes a few runs to get them dialed in. I've had my chem for 2 years now and she still throws something new at me every run. She a Drama queen.

Icristal

Icristal

Yep takes a few runs to get them dialed in. I've had my chem for 2 years now and she still throws something new at me every run. She a Drama queen.
Hahahaha oh yea, makes me laugh just thinking about it hahah drama queen I like that name. More docile than what I was thinking a few times, lol

I will post updated pictures first of next week.

Icristal

Icristal

The cookies were very good, not too strong, but nice and mellow feeling. I like making little logs of dough (recipes on back of choc. chips package, sub real butter with canna butter, and add 1 egg) and freeze them, so when I want just a few cookies, take one out, thaw just enough to slice and bake. Plus this way, they will not spoil, which i think a full batch would, ya can't eat them like reg. cookies,, I learned yrs ago, when you made hash brownies, make regular ones too for the munchies,,lol

Icristal

Icristal

Here are the pictures taken today. We had a major stall on all of them, and two of them had mag. issues big time. Plus dialing in the nutes has been a nightmare. So last night I gave them a major flush and one especially needed it, lots of water and today, they are very happy plants. They have a long ways to go still, but have started to stretch some and this is a good sign. The bud build up slowed a bit, but is looking much nicer tonight. The smell is a cross between skunk and fruity.
I will do bud pictures next week. And will be adding there nutes gradually again. This grow has been a very good challenge and have learned more and much needed growing experience. And a big thank goes to Seamaiden for all the info and threads she provides for all the farmers and the farmers themselves, great place to learn.

1 2

Icristal

Icristal

Update on indoor plants, the 2 mainline are forming there flowers pretty good, recovering from there slowdown. My so called special lady just simple stunted, I was going to cull her because she just stopped growing. So I decided to look at her roots, OMG she was so root bound it was crazy. So in order to try to save her, i put her in a larger container. If she makes it, cool, if not, lesson learned.

Since we have had fall like weather for almost a month now, on the outdoor lady's I see some flowering sites beginning . All are looking good and mother nature is still watering them every other day for me. I have only watered 2 times since they have been outdoors, rain has not been a problem, just enough, lol.

Have a busy schedule for a few days, so will post updated pictures next week, sooner if I have time. Happy growing all.

Icristal

Icristal

It was a balmy 48 degrees this morning and never got above 72 today. Leaves are starting to change colors on the trees already, me thinks an early fall is here, will have to watch and maybe have to cover the outdoor lady's at night if it gets too cool. :(

Icristal

Icristal

Update on the outdoor lady's. I must say, I like watching the ladies grow outdoors. Just seeing them stretch to thier full potential is just amazing. We are in flower and all 4 are lady's. Mother nature has been doing really all the work, as we have had allot of rain with a few breaks in the middle of it. Our temps are running mid to high 40's at night and today the high was 58 degrees. We have been averaging between mid 60's to low 70's during day. But not today,,lol Here are the latest pictures. I will be beefing up the support for them this week sometime.
1 2 3 4

Aside from frost temps. What is the lowest the lady's can handle, do I need to cover them at certain temps?
The rate we are going, I am not sure if frost will hold off until October. Happy growing all.

canadaseed

canadaseed

Grows looking good cristal... outdoor weed is always th most medicinal! We've had low temps here too.. i feel and smell fall in the air. The young maples here are already changing color.

Just a tip to keep your plants warm. I don't know if you have a fire pit but what you could do if you have one is this:

Start pit fire
once good fire is going keep adding wood
let the fire die out slightly
throw in some bolder rocks (rock you can handle carrying tho)
let them get steaming hot (1 hour 2 hours)
use oven gloves and towel to handle hot rocks

Then when you cover your plants at night place 2 0r 3 hot rocks by the base of the bucket. Cover everything and the hot rocks should keep your plants warm. I've never done this before so if you try it let me know if it works lol!! I've fried bacon on fire pit rocks before while camping that's how hot they can get!

Icristal

Icristal

Grows looking good cristal... outdoor weed is always th most medicinal! We've had low temps here too.. i feel and smell fall in the air. The young maples here are already changing color.

Just a tip to keep your plants warm. I don't know if you have a fire pit but what you could do if you have one is this:

Start pit fire
once good fire is going keep adding wood
let the fire die out slightly
throw in some bolder rocks (rock you can handle carrying tho)
let them get steaming hot (1 hour 2 hours)
use oven gloves and towel to handle hot rocks

Then when you cover your plants at night place 2 0r 3 hot rocks by the base of the bucket. Cover everything and the hot rocks should keep your plants warm. I've never done this before so if you try it let me know if it works lol!! I've fried bacon on fire pit rocks before while camping that's how hot they can get!

Thanks for the idea,,,we will have to wait and see how the weather goes. It has been a very cool summer overall. Yea I used to throw potatoes wrapped in foil on the hot rocks at camping when we went out to fish. Nice and cooked when we got back and ready to set up for twice baked potato's to finish them. lol Thanks for stopping by.
I hope to get some pictures of the indoor lady's soon, down to 2 plants now. And have the 4 moon dawg started. still little ones yet, can't wait for those.

Icristal

Icristal

update on indoor lady's, they have been having mag. issues and had a slow down a cpl weeks ago, so are behind in there growth by a week and a half I figure. Buds are forming well, just slow, lol Nice sugar though, they still have several week to finish and they are still stretching. This sure has been a learning experience with these.
1 2 4 5 6

Top Bottom