seddlings look a little sick,one week old,any advice?

• Thread starter wtjames
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

doBpop

Thanks to everyone for the interest and help.
ck ph and give epsom salts spray
Thanks weedhound - what are you referring to?

PH is 5.5 and giving everything calmag.

As always any help is appreciated and welcomed and thanks in advance!

D

doBpop

Just wanted to update again.

Got the remaining tray moved to the table night before last and all seem to be pretty happy for the most part.

Here are some new pics.
Also the 'new' babies (15 days) from the 1st grow.

On a side note the black Active Aqua trays albeit cheaper than white trays are really flimsy. We had to put a support 2x4 in the middle and you can see it still sags on each side.

31days1445
31days1446
30days1432
15days21449
15days21450
dextr0

dextr0

Looking good. You see how in the third picture you have those still in those seedling treys. They are too big to be there in my opinion. Notice the spotting and yellowing, I try to transplant almost as soon as i see roots coming out of the bottom of the plugs, maybe wait a couple days. Main thing is give your roots room to grow and not get bound up. When they hit the bottom they will try and push as they think its a rock or something impeding progress.

Just a suggestion, your doing nice though.

D

doBpop

Hi dex! (and thanks)

That pic was just before they were transplanted to the black tray. (2 days ago)
Yeah they were overdue but we had problems plus ran out of pots LOL!

D

doBpop

Here's a couple more pics.

It seems the yellowing and spotting has continued on to the big trays as you can see in the closeup.

We're using RO water with about 400PPM calmag and 100PPM PB progrow.
1k lights about 42" above plants.
74-76F 50-60 RH

Well crap!
Was just going to upload the pics and can't for some reason
Will upload them ASAP.

Hmmmmmmmm ..... well finally got it going - was the computer some way. I rebooted it and the camera interface works fine now LOL! . Go figure!

Anyway here they are.

Any thoughts?

EDIT:
After reading everything I could find and consulting the local groshop I'm adding PB progrow to bring the PPMs up to 800.

I copied this from the .
If you are running in hydro its good to change your water every 2 weeks to keep out bacteria growth and to keep your plants with a good supply of fresh water.
A good rule to go by for how much PPM each part of your plants growth has is as follows:

Seedlings should be around 50-150 PPM
Unrooted clones to be around 100-350 PPM
small plants to be around 400-800 PPM
large plants to be around 900-1800 PPM
Last week of flowering use plain water.
Does everyone pretty much agree with that as a rule of thumb?

Comments welcomed.

EDIT: (again)
More pics from just now added to end of pics.

32days1451
34days1453
34days1455
35days1457
35days1462
35days1463
35days1464
35days1465
35days1466
35days1467
D

doBpop

So everything is looking great tonight.

They're greening back up and looking good again!

Comments welcomed.

36days1468
36days1471
D

doBpop

Thanks Seamaiden!

Here are some more pics at 40 days from seed.

The last few are a couple that are a little sickly looking (the only ones) if anyone would like to comment.

Also lowered lighted to 31-32" from tops of plants.

40days1472
40days1475
40days1479
40days1480
40days1481
40days1482
N

nuttyguy

Nice recovery guys, their looking a lot better. I use 1, 2 foot, 24w, T5 HO fluorescent bulb for starting up to 24 seedlings. The light is 3"-4" above the seedling. They live in Perfect Starts organic starter sponges ( little spongie brownie bite looking things). I keep the sponges moist with a spray bottle filled with distilled water. The light is on a 18/6 timer. Temps range from 75 - 80 degrees. I have never had yellow drooping seedling using this method.

My 2 cents - You may of had to much light to close to the babbies.

D

doBpop

Thanks nutty!

Here's some more current pics at 42 days from seed.

Temps 73-76
RH 60-70%

Am I correct in diagnosing calcium deficiency of the closeups which are the worst of the few still giving problems?
That seems bizarre though as the PPMs are at around 750 with most of it being calmag.

Over all about all of the leaf tips are just barely turning a little yellow.

Also of note is I have added approx 15 gal of RO water (3 PPM) without adding anything else since the original 800 PPM a few days ago.
Would that indicate to high a PPM or what?

Also there are a few "claws" here and there which from my understanding indicates "to much" nitrogen.

I am getting a little confused because for the most part they are healthy but I am concerned as there is just something there that is a little "off" and I would like to catch it early if possible.

42days1508
42days1507
42days1505
42days1503
42days1501
42days1492
42days1490
dextr0

dextr0

130872d1297937542t-seddlings-look-little-sick-one-week-old-any-advice-40.days.1479.jpg.att

^^^That looks like mosaic virus.

131295d1298135446t-seddlings-look-little-sick-one-week-old-any-advice-42.days.1501.jpg.att

^^That does look like cal/mag deficiencies, but I am no expert on that.

What kind of cal/mag are u using and how much exactly.

D

doBpop

OK here is some more pics of weirdness.
1-4 WTF? (same plant)
5 is an unknown sativa (obviously) strain that is really stretching more than the others.
6 cal or mag def?
The rest are of the suspected TMV virus?
11-12 blisters?

Around 700 PB cal/mag around 100 PB pro grow which was around 800. NOTHING added in last few days except RO 3 water. Currently around 720-750.

42daysodd1510
42daysodd1511
42daysodd1514
42daysodd1515
42daysodd1512
42daysodd1513
42daysodd1516
42daysodd1517
42daysodd1518
42daysodd1519
42daysodd1520
42daysodd1521
42daysodd1522
42daysodd1523
dextr0

dextr0

Well got two tables transplanted today.

Reservoirs at 400ppm with calmag (250ppm) and PB progrow.

1k MH lights at 4 feet - how and when should we lower them?

Also, here’s the new babies that are 11 days today from seed. (and stretched)

I think you overfed on the cal/mag?..Im sorry, I dont use any cal/mag in my grows they are two separate things. And im in soil.

D

doBpop

Come on guys - help - please?

lazarus718

lazarus718

Bro, I checked the whole thread tonight and IMO you guys need to scale your grow down for a bit...you tried to go big or go home, and you're heading more towards the home. Simplify that grow op a bit, less nutes, good genetics, and a friendly medium like soil. Learn how the plant grows first, then fill up your place with 200 seedlings. You'll get through this one and you'll have weed, but no where near what you would have if you just slowed down a bit. Take it easy man!!!

dextr0

dextr0

I think when u start feeding, u should be using more ppm of the grow then calmag.

Besides looking up how others have used pb and calmag in a set up similar to yours, i would also be looking up what some of those deficiencies look like. Google is your friend. Look up other grows watch how there grows came out. Try and mimic there ways if possible and u liked there result.

Your gonna have to study up on the medium u are using and the nutrients.

There is a product out there called calplex by botanicare. Most people Ive been talking to have switched to this because of cal/mag problems...Ive been thinking to much mag. I have a thread on it here if u interested. Some great growers opinions.

One other thing i was going to say, until you've identified what is wrong with your plants u need to focus on new growth. Like i said i would be feeding well with grow and using cal mag little.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Come on guys - help - please?

Whoa... you have a few things going on there. Sorry for not checking in, I had assumed nothing was going on. Dex is right in a few instances here, in my opinion.

The variegation and curved leaf is, in my opinion, mosaic virus. That cannot be gotten rid of, not even through breeding the plant, it's passed down to seeds.

The crepe-y looking leaves appear to have some pH issues, at the least/slightest.

The leaves that are really crunched up I have never ever seen before. But I do see other leaves that appear to be symptomatic of root aphids.

I also see plants that are having Ca/Mg issues--whether those are toxicities or deficiencies I can't tell you right now (hey, it's my b-day and we're going out today, not re-reading your thread just yet, k?). I also don't measure/meter my Ca/Mg in that manner, I measure volumetrically and go for a total EC. This is problematic when using organic nutrients, shouldn't be a problem for you with PBP, though.

Check root zone, I would like to know they're clean, bright white and with no brown, shriveled or otherwise odd-looking roots. If you do find evidence of root problems, then you've got some work cut out for you because you have to track that down and eliminate the source of the problem.

I'll tell you one instance where I've seen really terribly deformed leaves like that, and it's always been on this one hibiscus of my mother's. It's planted on a southwestern exposure, SoCal (east of LA), and it ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS has aphids, whiteflies/thrips, and ants farming the aphids. ALWAYS. There are probably other issues with that plant, it's been that way for well over 30 years, my recollection of that bush goes back to '74 when we moved to that house. Including spider mites, I've seen them on that same poor plant, too.

You see where I'm leaning, yes? Bugs vector disease.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah... let's get the big shit handled before we worry about the little stuff. I also see some girls with phosphorous issues (the red-purple petioles, assuming they aren't of a line that naturally colors purple). I see a little burning.

As for how to handle the lights, easy-peasy lemon squeezy! Assuming they're on chains or something similarly adjustable, just drop the lights an inch or two each day once the babies are acclimated. This is how it's done with corals/clams/photosynthetic inverts.

dextr0

dextr0

Happy B-day to Sea, Happy B-day to Sea...lol

Sorry doBpop, I had to do that.

Top Bottom