Seed just germed......

• Thread starter somefinn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
somefinn

somefinn

Hi all, my liberty haze just germed, i have my waterfarm and rootriot all ready to go, but am unsure about one small thing.

i place my germed seed in the root riot.

do i place the root riot cube on top of the clay pebbles of the waterfarm?

do i turn on the pump of the waterfarm?

im not sure cause im afraid that if i turn on the pump it might wash the seedling away...

any help much appreciated.

Morgan

Morgan

Photos would help, you will be fine. your gonna want to place the root riot in the hydrock enough to cover the root riot. how many pots is your waterfarm? the water shouldnt be blasting enough to wash away your baby. do not feed until shes older just water.

best of luck to ya my friend.

somefinn

somefinn

Photos would help, you will be fine. your gonna want to place the root riot in the hydrock enough to cover the root riot. how many pots is your waterfarm? the water shouldnt be blasting enough to wash away your baby. do not feed until shes older just water.

best of luck to ya my friend.

hi there, thanks for your reply. the seed is in the root riot and im watering it by hand. how often should it be watered?
the temp is around 20 degrees, how close should my 200 watt blub be to the root riot?

many thanks.

710ad6a0
somefinn

somefinn

hi all,ive just attached an image.

i'm growing in root it.
and i have hydroton underneath inmy water farm?

2 questions:

is it timetoturn on the water pump yet?

and how long should the pump run each day?

many thanks

3c4f2b22
Morgan

Morgan

i think you should water as needed, if you have a timer set it up. seeing how you are in sprouting stages you need to keep your plug moist and warm to help with root growth. id say still water as needed then it should give you a idea of how often you water then you want to set up a timer for for example every day for 1 min. so you dont dry out.

once things get bigger you will be able to put everything on a timer and all you will have to do is talk to her and prun as needed.

best of luck!

E

EssBeeZee

I would turn the pump on.

I don't think you want a seedling to ever dry out. I would periodically check to make sure that the water the ring is dispersing eventually soaks the hydroton all the way to the center, where your grow plug is. If not, you'll need to either move the ring or manually soak the plug until your roots reach where the ring is wetting.

I could be wrong, but I think that you leave the pump on with those systems. If you have the pump on a timer I would try On constantly when the lights are on, then when the plants sleep, on every 2 hours for 15 mins when the lights are off. Get yourself a timer capable of 15 min on/off increments if you don't have one of those.

somefinn

somefinn

thanks guys, my timer should be here tomorrow, i'll keep the grow plug damp...

somefinn

somefinn

when i turn the pump on should i add nutes? or is it too early?

E

EssBeeZee

You could just use water for now, I imagine, and as Morgan suggests. You could start feeding a light mix when you see the first set of leaves with ridges. Increase feeding strength over time.

somefinn

somefinn

hi everyone,

im about 2 weeks into grow.
should i be concerned about the browning of the smaller leaves?
what should i be looking for at this stage?

any help greatly appreciated.

Photo8
E

EssBeeZee

Those are what's called "seed leaves" and are the plants first source of stored energy. The plant uses em Eup and they yellow.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Those are what's called "seed leaves" and are the plants first source of stored energy. The plant uses em Eup and they yellow.

At what point should a seedling start getting nutes when using soil?

outwest

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Bro :) - I'm in FF Light Warrior amended with some of Caps bennies.

outwest

Yeah, It Don't sound like ya need to feed for a bit...But im new at this too so ;)
And I don't know how hot LW is..lol

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
any help much appreciated.

Ive only done soil grow...But I know it's easy to over water a seedling so be careful
...You'll get some great advice here from these peeps though.

Good luck with the grow bro! :)

DieselBoy

DieselBoy

Light warrior is not very hot since it's light and intended for seedlings. Fox Farm's other products seem to be pretty stout for early development. I always cut my Ocean Farm with a bag of light warrrior... Depends on your strain too, of course. Anyway, I think that was a total thread-hijack. Sorry! Back to the waterfarm...

E

EssBeeZee

Sorry I keep editing this. I think I'm dine lol
At what point should a seedling start getting nutes when using soil?

outwest

I'm kind of self educated so can only tell you from personal experience. In my soil mix, I use composted manure (4-5 years), organic landscape mix of natural ferts (sort of equivalent to a 14/14/14) which is allowed to compost in the manure for a month or so. Perlite added before going in containers. I mention all that just to say the part about the ferts composting because they take that long to become soluble. The soil might be too hot for a seedling before then. But once I feel the nutes are broken down and the soil isn't hot, ill pop a seed right in there. Plants get plenty of compost tea, top and bottom.

If its indoor in containers with a lineup of nutes, I'd start with water for a seedling, by the third set of leaves (including seed leaves) use 1/4 strength, and start creeping up to full. Just my guess, I don't run soil indoors.

Hope that helped a little, I'm also a noob, so :)

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
As always the outpouring of insights are totally appreciated. Thanks, all.

outwest

Latest posts

Top Bottom