Seed Sitting for 6 Years Sprouts!

• Thread starter DelaGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DelaGrow

DelaGrow

Thanks guys! She's definitely really starting to fill out!

I'm hoping to be able to flip to 12/12 lighting by next Wednesday (beginning of week 6).

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

Daily pic upload, no major updates today.

Soil was dry last night, so gave her a feeding. Nutrients upped to 3ml/l each (9ml/l total). Looking to increase to 4ml/l next week when I flip the lights to 12/12 for flowering.

Happy growing, all!

20230104 121457
DelaGrow

DelaGrow

So the more I'm reading about autoflower light schedules, I'm seeing most say NOT to switch to 12/12 light as it can lower yields, stretch too much and increase the overall grow time of the autoflower.

Thoughts? Should I just continue 18/6 throughout her life cycle?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

So the more I'm reading about autoflower light schedules, I'm seeing most say NOT to switch to 12/12 light as it can lower yields, stretch too much and increase the overall grow time of the autoflower.

yes 18/6 is better, 12/12 detrimental to overall yield

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Cool, thanks for confirmation. I'll keep her at 18/6.

Later in flowering, should I switch to just the bloom spectrum, or keep the light on full spectrum?
would always run your light 'full' spectrum cause you lose too many watts running just one, that said if you do decide to switch veg spectrum off your gonna need lower light

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

would always run your light 'full' spectrum cause you lose too many watts running just one, that said if you do decide to switch veg spectrum off your gonna need lower light
Okay good to know, thanks! I'll probably just end up keeping it on full spectrum then to maximize wattage

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

I have seeds from 2013 that sprout, I took a Folgers coffee jar filled with rice and put in marked vials, then triple wrapped in plastic bags and put in fridge this critical plant came from a bean I bought in 2016.
Oh wow, that's pretty wild! Sounds like you took good care of em over time though. Your plant looks great! Is that a current grow?

Mine came from 2016, as well, but just sat in a box from college in it's plastic case for 6 years lol so I was surprised she even sprouted.

hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

C. Ruderalis “autoflower” is genetically set to flower regardless of photoperiod due to its origins in the northern hemisphere near Russia. 18/6 will get you through seed to harvest quickest 12/12 would just take slightly longer probably few weeks. Just my sense I would keep it 18/6 or 16/8

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

C. Ruderalis “autoflower” is genetically set to flower regardless of photoperiod due to its origins in the northern hemisphere near Russia. 18/6 will get you through seed to harvest quickest 12/12 would just take slightly longer probably few weeks. Just my sense I would keep it 18/6 or 16/8
Appreciate the additional background and input! I think for yield and timesake, gonna keep her on 18/6.

Waiting for the lights to turn on today to see how her tops are looking! I'll be posting another update in a few hours.

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

Updated pic from when the lights came on this morning. Looking like 4 main tops are coming up. As I looked around the lower nodes, I see a few other smaller sites as well.

Being a new grower, trimming definitely seems a little daunting. At this point do you think I should trim off some of the bigger fan leaves to give the lower areas more light? Or should I let her continue to just do her thing? Let me know if more pics are needed too

20230105 112737
hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

Updated pic from when the lights came on this morning. Looking like 4 main tops are coming up. As I looked around the lower nodes, I see a few other smaller sites as well.

Being a new grower, trimming definitely seems a little daunting. At this point do you think I should trim off some of the bigger fan leaves to give the lower areas more light? Or should I let her continue to just do her thing? Let me know if more pics are needed too
Yes If you can’t tuck them pluck them. Just don’t go crazy as it will stress her out if you remove too many try 1 major fan leaf per stem?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

she's still young brother let her grow ✌️ 🇿🇦

Top Bottom