Seed Sitting for 6 Years Sprouts!

• Thread starter DelaGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

FLUSHING IS for removing salt build up not so much other nutrients. the plant needs nutrients all the way up until harvest that’s why organic growers don’t flush or water until runoff and get superb flavors and tastes, It’s those pure nutrients. The salts speed up chlorophyll production and the allow the extra release of potassium and phosphorous which is obviously stuff you don’t want your plant to use up more in its last 2 weeks of growth as the leaves should already be fading naturally, more chlorophyll production now will give a green taste after drying. Potassium and Phosphorous will also affect flavor as excess of these lockout micronutrients your plant needs during its final stages. 2 weeks, no less than that, you should flush your plant before harvest but more often than not the fertilizer manufacture should have a when to flush day if the nutrients are cannabis specific 👍🏾

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

FLUSHING IS for removing salt build up not so much other nutrients. the plant needs nutrients all the way up until harvest that’s why organic growers don’t flush or water until runoff and get superb flavors and tastes, It’s those pure nutrients. The salts speed up chlorophyll production and the allow the extra release of potassium and phosphorous which is obviously stuff you don’t want your plant to use up more in its last 2 weeks of growth as the leaves should already be fading naturally, more chlorophyll production now will give a green taste after drying. Potassium and Phosphorous will also affect flavor as excess of these lockout micronutrients your plant needs during its final stages. 2 weeks, no less than that, you should flush your plant before harvest but more often than not the fertilizer manufacture should have a when to flush day if the nutrients are cannabis specific 👍🏾
An

if you follow charts and the plant doesn't finish in time your going to run into problems

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

Thanks for the additional info @hrtbrk3n and @GreenGalaxyFarm. So based on that, I guess I'm thinking of 3 options:

1. Stop nutrients after THIS Wednesday (6 weeks old) which will give a 2+ week buffer for week 8-9 harvest. I know this option has the chance to really reduce yield.

2. Stop nutrients after NEXT Wednesday (7 weeks old) which might end up being 1-2+ weeks of flushing. I know this option has the chance to have a greener taste if it finishes earlier, but potentially bigger yield with extra week of nutrients.

3. Reduce feeding to maybe 1/2 strength for this week and begin flushing NEXT Wednesday. This option could also still have the potential for a greener taste, and would there be other adverse effects?

Thought? Other options?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Thanks for the additional info @hrtbrk3n and @GreenGalaxyFarm. So based on that, I guess I'm thinking of 3 options:

1. Stop nutrients after THIS Wednesday (6 weeks old) which will give a 2+ week buffer for week 8-9 harvest. I know this option has the chance to really reduce yield.

2. Stop nutrients after NEXT Wednesday (7 weeks old) which might end up being 1-2+ weeks of flushing. I know this option has the chance to have a greener taste if it finishes earlier, but potentially bigger yield with extra week of nutrients.

3. Reduce feeding to maybe 1/2 strength for this week and begin flushing NEXT Wednesday. This option could also still have the potential for a greener taste, and would there be other adverse effects?

Thought? Other options?
definitely recommend dropping dosages. week 7 give 3/4 week 8 give 1/2, end week 8 week 9 water only and harvest if or when all goes to plan

Last edited:
Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Flushing, when I was a beginner grower I was really misinformed. I was told I need to drop her in the bathtub and run copius amounts of water over the soil. Within 3 days she was a yellow mess and probably really affected my last 2 weeks of growth. I only water the last 2 to 3 times with 10% runoff now. I go full nutes untill 10 days left of growth then just PH'd water. It seems to be a good ballance.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Flushing, when I was a beginner grower I was really misinformed. I was told I need to drop her in the bathtub and run copius amounts of water over the soil. Within 3 days she was a yellow mess and probably really affected my last 2 weeks of growth. I only water the last 2 to 3 times with 10% runoff now. I go full nutes untill 10 days left of growth then just PH'd water. It seems to be a good ballance.
nice fat indica might feed herself for 10 days, care of sativa crosses they need feeding till all trichomes are cloudy

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

Okay so what I think I'm going to do is feed her a full 12ml/l for today's feeding, 9 ml/l next feeding (2-3 days), 6ml/l (2-3 days), 3 ml/l (2-3 days) and then finish with plain water to flush her out. This way, she'll be receiving nutrients (reduced though) up to possibly a little past the 7 week mark and then flushing from there. That gives me at least a week of flushing. And if she goes long an extra week, 2 weeks of flushing with maybe some small nutrient issues.

20230116 172937
DelaGrow

DelaGrow

Just fed her final full feeding of nutrients (12ml/l) this morning. She's perking back up now and starting to get some decent vertical growth now. Main tops are starting to really build up bud sites too!

This week, I'll be defoliating some interior leaves.

Feeding reduction schedule moving forward - each feeding from now on will be reduced by 3ml/l and then she will be flushed until harvest

Planning for week 8-9 harvest, so we're only 2-3 weeks away!!

20230117 141108
20230117 141150
20230117 141211
DelaGrow

DelaGrow

Today marks the start of week 7 (day 43)

Gave her a little haircut last night and removed some of the inner leaves. Tops are starting to bulk up a little bit too!

Watered with full 12ml/l nutrients yesterday morning, but next watering will be reduced to 9ml/l of nutrients to prepare to flush.

I wasn't planning much more LST, however I did pull a couple of the small inner branches out to get some more light. So you'll see them in portion of the canopy where it's lower.

Overall, she's looking happy and healthy! I'm definitely starting to get a little antsy now lol. Can't wait to see what kinda buds she gives me 🍃

20230118 122155
20230118 122211
20230118 122233
DelaGrow

DelaGrow

this plant is still far from ready to flush brother you are going to run into nutrient issues
Not planning to flush yet. Next feeding will be 9ml/l, followed by 6ml/l followed by 3ml/l and then flush from there. She's been getting water every 2-3 days, so with that logic, she'll be at least receiving partial nutrients up past the end of week 7 and partially into week 8. Which allows for at least a week of flushing the salts. Typical harvest for this strain is 8-9 weeks.

Does that make sense?

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

Lights just came on a little bit ago. Went to take a look and see how she was doing. I was delightfully surprised to see trichomes starting to appear!

No other major updates though

20230119 105302
DelaGrow

DelaGrow

Well, I figured it wasn't gonna be all easy. Looks like nutrient deficiency is finally setting in. I noticed a few small spots previously but this morning I noticed it's really starting to show on one of the large fan leaves. To me, it looks like a potassium deficiency, but let me know your thoughts. She just got watered/fed today, so hopefully that helps her out a bit. Today's feeding was with 9ml/l to begin slowly reducing nutrient concentration. At this rate, flushing will begin a few days into week 8. Overall, the growth still seems okay and I feel like she might be too far along to really remedy any deficiencies. Keeping my fingers crossed.

20230120 112208
20230120 112226
hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

I’ve seen that before on plants of mine in the past. in my case the brown spots were from overwatering/ poor aeration and took effect in mid flower. It could be over feeding too the brown spots would be caused by nutrient lockout. too much calcium and salts can lock out macronutrients

hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

I’ve seen that before on plants of mine in the past. in my case the brown spots were from overwatering/ poor aeration and took effect in mid flower. It could be over feeding too the brown spots would be caused by nutrient lockout. too much calcium and salts can lock out macronutrients
In my case the only solution was letting the plant finish and changing my soil recipe so that didn’t happen next time lol…

Top Bottom