Seedling First Grow - Questions

• Thread starter FelixTheCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Hey, I have my first tent set up to go (600w led), and just planted my seeds after letting them in paper towel method for three days. My question is when should I put them in the tent under the light? Right after they come out or should I leave it by the window a couple days?

Also, I’m using bag seeds and only some out of 17 had rap roots after three days in the paper towel method... is that a bad sign?should I not use bag seeds since I already invested in everything else? I have around 40 bag seeds that I’ve collected with time buying buds so I figured I should use them. Let me know what you guys think,

Cheers :smoking:

Last edited:
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

17 have rap roots out of how many?
around 6, and all very short, nothing like the nice long ones i've seen on youtube videos lol
they were in a water cup for 18h + 2 days on paper towel. got and hot place (my room with heater on)

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

around 6, and all very short, nothing like the nice long ones i've seen on youtube videos lol
they were in a water cup for 18h + 2 days on paper towel. got and hot place (my room with heater on)
I put mine under 24/7 light when I dropped the seeds in Pete pellets before they even sprouted doing very well now currently day 9 of flowering I’m under 2 600w hps lamps

4A0C2160 0BC0 4097 BD4C C18E3A698BC0
33147541 0AC5 4C50 87CD 14532147FBAA
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

I put mine under 24/7 light when I dropped the seeds in Pete pellets before they even sprouted doing very well now currently day 9 of flowering I’m under 2 600w hps lamps
thanks, those look great. how old are they? how many plants/size tent? I got a 4x4x8 and I was thinking of doing 4 plants in my first round and let them have a lot of space to grow.

i already planted my seeds from the toilet paper but my tent/light only arrives tomorrow but it should be ok, they have come out yet

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

thanks, those look great. how old are they? how many plants/size tent? I got a 4x4x8 and I was thinking of doing 4 plants in my first round and let them have a lot of space to grow.

i already planted my seeds from the toilet paper but my tent/light only arrives tomorrow but it should be ok, they have come out yet
The ladies are 6 weeks old I got 10 ladies in a 1.2mx2.4mx2.0m tent using soil and liquid nutrients all the ladies have been topped and pruned and yeah I wouldn’t do too many this is my first indoor grow I wish I only done 6 in there as they would of had more space and I could of vegged them for longer and topped more etc but they are doing very well

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

The ladies are 6 weeks old I got 10 ladies in a 1.2mx2.4mx2.0m tent using soil and liquid nutrients all the ladies have been topped and pruned and yeah I wouldn’t do too many this is my first indoor grow I wish I only done 6 in there as they would of had more space and I could of vegged them for longer and topped more etc but they are doing very well
nice they look awesome for your first grow
do you think the seeds that havent show tap root on the paper towel yet are not good?

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Definitely no good mate probz duds
damn it's my first grow but I've germinated a decent amount of seeds in the past and never had such a low success rate... this was the first time I had them in a water cup before putting on paper towels, usually I start them on paper towers directly... do you think that could've bene that or they're just bad seeds? most of them I took straight out of the buds i got from the shop a couple months ago

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

damn it's my first grow but I've germinated a decent amount of seeds in the past and never had such a low success rate... this was the first time I had them in a water cup before putting on paper towels, usually I start them on paper towers directly... do you think that could've bene that or they're just bad seeds? most of them I took straight out of the buds i got from the shop a couple months ago
I usually put the seeds straight into Pete pellets cover the top where I’ve put the seeds and put into a propergator under a 125w cfl 24/7 For about 1 week but not all seeds will pop man it’s a bummer when they don’t or when you get a male ( not that I’ve had that ) but heard horror story’s

45North

45North

Sinkers or floaters? I’ve had more success with sinkers, and darker colors. Not saying that a couple of ghost haven’t germinated. 1/8” tap root and I put them 1/4” down in cloner plugs with a microz sprinkle to cover. 24/7 heat and light in dome. When roots come out of cloner block I transplant to veg. Cycle. This kit was $40+ at garden store.

CBA92D79 AA97 4B26 8EB1 B21F5B5659FA
7B2FF279 A739 462F A798 0FC32E1B0021
Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Sinkers or floaters? I’ve had more success with sinkers, and darker colors. Not saying that a couple of ghost haven’t germinated. 1/8” tap root and I put them 1/4” down in cloner plugs with a microz sprinkle to cover. 24/7 heat and light in dome. When roots come out of cloner block I transplant to veg. Cycle. This kit was $40+ at garden store.
Looking healthy little seedlings :) here was mine when they was seedling and always nice to see fabric pots

E0A191F4 15A7 4A72 A4C6 175B2A68BDD9
806D5CD1 4BD7 48A0 BFD2 BEEE99E63948
45North

45North

For a 4x4x8 figure 20 gallons in any combination is a good place to start ..example ...4 x 5gal. I like 3gal each with a 2+oz goal.

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

For a 4x4x8 figure 20 gallons in any combination is a good place to start ..example ...4 x 5gal. I like 3gal each with a 2+oz goal.
I’m currently in the same 5 gal ( 20litre ) fabric pots not sure what I’m hoping for lol as first indoor grow but the ladies seem to be doing well they loved to be topped and pruned done a mega defoliation just as a switched to 12/12 to get all the shit leaves / shoots that was getting no light if you’ve heard of lollipoping here’s the pics from bottom of plants

23F05FA9 2AD9 4700 9831 FF18CE408468
ED6B1286 68A1 46F0 A599 5E6616C4DBFC
9084E0ED 6303 44A8 A4E3 6458DBB8EE38
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

it's weird that so many havent poped out, even the ones that showed a small tap root arent making any progress in soil now.. I think i'm just going to invest in a propagator + seeds from a seed bank since Ive already invested in everything else.

interesting to see that you started them on the 5galon. I got 7 galon fabric pots, thinking about filling 6g each... but my plan was to transfer them to a 1 galon first, what do you guys think?

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

it's weird that so many havent poped out, even the ones that showed a small tap root arent making any progress in soil now.. I think i'm just going to invest in a propagator + seeds from a seed bank since Ive already invested in everything else.

interesting to see that you started them on the 5galon. I got 7 galon fabric pots, thinking about filling 6g each... but my plan was to transfer them to a 1 galon first, what do you guys think?
Mine was first in a half gallon pot to begin with then transferred them over to the 5 gallon fabric pots about a week later but I would just got straight into the 5 gallon fabric pots save yourself some time and a little ball ache haha and that’s weird that the ones that popped had a small tap root and hasn’t done anything next time just put seeds straight into Pete pellets and into a propagator with 24/7 cfl bulb preferably 125w and higher I’ve had 100% success rate with my seeds that way

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Mine was first in a half gallon pot to begin with then transferred them over to the 5 gallon fabric pots about a week later but I would just got straight into the 5 gallon fabric pots save yourself some time and a little ball ache haha and that’s weird that the ones that popped had a small tap root and hasn’t done anything next time just put seeds straight into Pete pellets and into a propagator with 24/7 cfl bulb preferably 125w and higher I’ve had 100% success rate with my seeds that way

yeah maybe the seeds are just weak idk.. ive never had such low rate before. I only have a 600w led, do u think i could start them in a propagator under them with good distance?

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

yeah maybe the seeds are just weak idk.. ive never had such low rate before. I only have a 600w led, do u think i could start them in a propagator under them with good distance?
Yeah I can’t see it being a problem to be honest as my ladies was under the 2 600w hps lamps at a week old but just had to keep the lamps a little further away as they was still small seedlings but it’s all trial and error with this growing stuff as someone said to me do what works best for your grow environment but as a first time indoor grower ( done lots of outdoor grows ) you want as much info as possible i write a lot of it down like P.H for water/ feed should be between 6.3-6.9 in soil so your ladies can get the most off the nutrients are you planning on topping and pruning ?

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Yeah I can’t see it being a problem to be honest as my ladies was under the 2 600w hps lamps at a week old but just had to keep the lamps a little further away as they was still small seedlings but it’s all trial and error with this growing stuff as someone said to me do what works best for your grow environment but as a first time indoor grower ( done lots of outdoor grows ) you want as much info as possible i write a lot of it down like P.H for water/ feed should be between 6.3-6.9 in soil so your ladies can get the most off the nutrients are you planning on topping and pruning ?

idk what that means

Latest posts

Top Bottom