Seedling problem

• Thread starter sconefirm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

By the way , surprised that you are worried at all ,those seedlings look damn good ! Good luck

sconefirm

sconefirm

You know who you need to talk to he's on a bit of a Sabbatical but he should be back before long is @PipeCarver , he was just talking about this stuff in my thread the beach house in grow journals the other day, he likes it

I use Pro mix I think it's pretty close to the same you want 6.2 in peat (I use 6.4 cuz when I mix my nutrients that's what it comes to) but the main thing for you is to get that PPM meter and check out what your tap water reads, that's going to be important going forward! until then keep doing what you're doing doesn't look bad, good luck!

Thanks mate ! I had a look at your journal, lots of useful information in there thanks. I might shoot @PipeCarver a message :)

PPM meter arriving today so will be able to provide you with reading. Do you want the reading of water used to water the plants and a second one from the run off?

sconefirm

sconefirm

Hey scone , HPS are hot , just watch out for that throughout the entire grow , not just the seedling stage , you can get screwed even as the plants are looking good and entering flower phase , 24 inches would be minium without air cooled hood , just watch the temps ,
One of the worse things to do is slow the race once the starting gun goes off , watch the temps.....

Thanks for that mate, If I keep it at 24 inches or above will it not cause stretching ? I currently have it set a 22 and it seems to be ok. Mind me asking what are your tricks for keeping the temps down? Its constantly 29-30 degree C in there for me unless I keep the tent open. Aye I was worried it's my first grow so wasn't sure if they're healthy looking or not

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks mate ! I had a look at your journal, lots of useful information in there thanks. I might shoot @PipeCarver a message :)

PPM meter arriving today so will be able to provide you with reading. Do you want the reading of water used to water the plants and a second one from the run off?
Great let us know what your water is

Camaro_Jones

Camaro_Jones

So I started this plant about two weeks ago and yesterday I did my transplant to a new bucket (cola Bottle) with my first watering and nutrient. When I checked on my plant around 2:30 today roughly about 24Hr after the transplant I noticed the 2 brown spot on my leaves any input would help.

IMG 20200320 160701
IMG 20200320 160658
sconefirm

sconefirm

So I started this plant about two weeks ago and yesterday I did my transplant to a new bucket (cola Bottle) with my first watering and nutrient. When I checked on my plant around 2:30 today roughly about 24Hr after the transplant I noticed the 2 brown spot on my leaves any input would help.

I'd say they're a bit too young for nutrients, but wait for others input as I'm new myself :)

sconefirm

sconefirm

@Beachwalker @DreamsOfDiesel @dire wolf

Hey guys, just checked this morning and I noticed that the edges of some leaves are starting to turn up. I know this is due to heat or humidity. The humidity is very low as ye know. Will I put the dome over it for few days? I know some of you suggest it and some dont so unsure if I should or not. Or what can you guys suggest? Water bowl by the fan isn't working

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

@Beachwalker @DreamsOfDiesel @dire wolf

Hey guys, just checked this morning and I noticed that the edges of some leaves are starting to turn up. I know this is due to heat or humidity. The humidity is very low as ye know. Will I put the dome over it for few days? I know some of you suggest it and some dont so unsure if I should or not. Or what can you guys suggest? Water bowl by the fan isn't working
Never put a dome on a Seedling.

I told you above whatever issue you have going on has nothing to do with low humidity.

High humidity may cause issues under certain circumstances, but I've never seen low humidity cause any issue, ever.

Your lights probably too close, I told you how to check the heat with the back of your hand above, or check with the lights manufacturer for recommended distances

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks for that mate, If I keep it at 24 inches or above will it not cause stretching ? I currently have it set a 22 and it seems to be ok. Mind me asking what are your tricks for keeping the temps down? Its constantly 29-30 degree C in there for me unless I keep the tent open. Aye I was worried it's my first grow so wasn't sure if they're healthy looking or not
Your own words tell me what's going on, you got to control your temperatures

raise your light & turn it down until you figure out how to control it, you're worried about stretching I'm worried about keeping your plants alive for now till you get your grow areas environment adjusted properly

Also in all your pictures your medium looks too dry, you can water the peat based mediums pretty heavily without over-watering them, I'd recommend you water the entire medium, not just around the plant & next time start them in smaller containers it's easier to handle the watering

sconefirm

sconefirm

Your own words tell me what's going on, you got to control your temperatures

raise your light & turn it down until you figure out how to control it, you're worried about stretching I'm worried about keeping your plants alive for now till you get your grow areas environment adjusted properly

Also in all your pictures your medium looks too dry, you can water the peat based mediums pretty heavily without over-watering them, I'd recommend you water the entire medium, not just around the plant & next time start them in smaller containers it's easier to handle the watering

My bad mate understood now about the humidity. I've raised the light to 24 now and will keep it adjusted on a daily basis, checked the temp with the back of my hand and it seems fine for now. I've watered the plants and got 20% run off like you recommended on another thread. Any more recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you so much for help.

Going back to the PPM, I've tested the tap water and it's at 250 PPM.

Here are some pics I took today for an update. I know one plant leaves are dropping down, looks like either overwatered or under watered. I presume its underwatered as the medium was dry when I put my finger in it. Some curling on edges due to heat/light so I raised the light. Let me know what you think. These are 10 days old and 7 days in the tent.

20200322 130239
20200322 130243
20200322 130249
20200322 130254
20200322 130257
20200322 130316
20200322 130321
20200322 130329
20200322 130339
20200322 130414
20200322 130419
20200322 130431
quirk

quirk

I notice your 3 Way meter is set to ph, the least accurate of the three. To aid with watering, set it to moisture and check your medium at various depths and locations. Give it a minute to stabilize and take your reading. When it gets into the red,3-4, bring it up to top of the green,7-8, adding water slowly, (I use a condiment squeeze bottle). As @Beachwalker advised, moisten entire medium. Right now it appears very uneven, with the soil pulling away from edges and cracking in various places. Water in circular fashion, slowly, radiating out from drip line. Key word moist, not wet.

IMG 20200322 193617613 HDR
sconefirm

sconefirm

I notice your 3 Way meter is set to ph, the least accurate of the three. To aid with watering, set it to moisture and check your medium at various depths and locations. Give it a minute to stabilize and take your reading. When it gets into the red,3-4, bring it up to top of the green,7-8, adding water slowly, (I use a condiment squeeze bottle). As @Beachwalker advised, moisten entire medium. Right now it appears very uneven, with the soil pulling away from edges and cracking in various places. Water in circular fashion, slowly, radiating out from drip line. Key word moist, not wet.

Unsure why I had it set to pH to be honest when I dont use this for pH testing, like you said it's absolutely crap. I've changed it to moisture now and will be checking on it regularly. Thanks for the help, I've only watered them yesterday so will have to wait a day or 2 to water again depending on how dry it gets. Definitely going to get a squeeze bottle like yourself, it will be easier for me to water them properly

Top Bottom