Seedlings abit droopy.

• Thread starter Brettdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Seedlings are a bit droopy dont no why havent watered tha much. Could cold temps do this. Temp was only 60 turned light up now.
Havent been fed nutes yet only calmag and root stim.
They look like this

Seedlings abit droopy
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

The leaves feel abit like paper and thin. Need some advice guys. Either over or under watering ain't it?
Let me no what you think guys cheers

BigCube

BigCube

They look fine maybe a touch over watered. Try letting them dry out more before watering.

Tell us more. What soil, what nutrients, what light ect..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
could be a little too close to the lights? Agree, need a bit more Info...

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

They look fine maybe a touch over watered. Try letting them dry out more before watering.

Tell us more. What soil, what nutrients, what light ect..

They are in coco mixed with perlite
Havent fed them any nutrients yet. Just ph water with bit of calmag and root stim.
Light is 400 watt hps at moment about 50 inches away. They have now been potted up today as roots were coming out bottom. Stil look a bit droopy tho.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

They will appreciate temps of 75-80 at this stage with humidity if 65-70. If the soil is dry and light water a little.
Will send more pictures into the week. I watered a bit aroun the stem when I potted them up. Will wat a few days now. I normally water when top of coco looks dry. Never get this when use cuttings I find seedlings are a bit more temperamental
Cheers for input guys. Keep advice coming and will update with more pictures.

DirtBagDev

DirtBagDev

Your temperature seems fine, stop the cal-mag and just focus on PHd water w/low ppm untill they get nice and green with some more vigorous growth. Then start with your nutrients. Also if you think your coco is dry, stick ur finger in it& feel how dry it is as well as lift up the pot and see how heavy it is in comparison to its weight after you've watered.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Your temperature seems fine, stop the cal-mag and just focus on PHd water w/low ppm untill they get nice and green with some more vigorous growth. Then start with your nutrients. Also if you think your coco is dry, stick ur finger in it& feel how dry it is as well as lift up the pot and see how heavy it is in comparison to its weight after you've watered.
Okay i will try that. Can transplanting cause droopiness aswell?

Ph 007

Ph 007

I had problems using calmag, even using it like you I'd see nice roots growing out the bottom of the pots but plants looked like shit , it was the calmag causing me some sort lockout,, I tried full strength then half strength and still had problems
I tried just cal and also cal and nutrients together
Still problems.. Slow growth droopy plant yellowing..

But since completely cutting out the calmag my plants grow very very well..

Try feed at 0.4e.c, with no calmag, give a good feed water till run off really soak the little pots then wait 1-2 days see how look...

I used calmag when I switched from soil to coco because I read I needed it as i use tap water that has no e.c .

Also my canna nutrients have a bit of calmag in it

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I will check again in a few days they have been transplanted strate to 11 litre fabric pots. Normally I wud of gone to 6 then to 11. But I'm.going to mainfold/ mainline so went strate to 11 litre.
I didnt water to run off as didnt no if the drooping was caused by overwatering.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I will check again in a few days they have been transplanted strate to 11 litre fabric pots. Normally I wud of gone to 6 then to 11. But I'm.going to mainfold/ mainline so went strate to 11 litre.
I didnt water to run off as didnt no if the drooping was caused by overwatering.
Over watering is usually a result of watering to often not so much from the amount of water given

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Well il give it two.or three days an check again. Everytime I've watered the top as been dry. When the wet mark around the stem goes that's when I've been giving a bit of water. Every 2-3 days more or less.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Tbh maybe once a week should be ok. If you under water it will look similar over watering. When the leafs droop give it water. The difference is under watering the plants perk right back up after watering. Over watering is far worse than under watering imo.

So hold up on watering push it a bit of the leaves start to droop give en a watering and it won't take long till you have the feel for it. If you constantly over water it will take forever for you to get that feel for it.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Tbh maybe once a week should be ok. If you under water it will look similar over watering. When the leafs droop give it water. The difference is under watering the plants perk right back up after watering. Over watering is far worse than under watering imo.

So hold up on watering push it a bit of the leaves start to droop give en a watering and it won't take long till you have the feel for it. If you constantly over water it will take forever for you to get that feel for it.
Thing is because they am droopy now. In three days time they could stil be droopy stil recovering or could be droopy because they havent been fed that's why when coco looks dry I feed them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thing is because they am droopy now. In three days time they could stil be droopy stil recovering or could be droopy because they havent been fed that's why when coco looks dry I feed them.
Sorry I was confusing your thread with another. My mistake.. I would be feeding light ppm of about 150 and water more often maybe every 2days.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Sorry I was confusing your thread with another. My mistake.. I would be feeding light ppm of about 150 and water more often maybe every 2days.
Seedlings are 15 days old about 4 nodes. How much roughly you think should I be watering them. Only give them.about 250 mil today. This is about my 8th grow. Never really had this as i use cuttings usually. This is second time with seeds. I'm jus genna water them every couple days but not tha much. Lights been upped to 600 so may need watering more often. Was thinking to turn light down til they recovered but its helping with my Temps. Appreciating people advice and opinions 👍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Seedlings are 15 days old about 4 nodes. How much roughly you think should I be watering them. Only give them.about 250 mil today. This is about my 8th grow. Never really had this as i use cuttings usually. This is second time with seeds. I'm jus genna water them every couple days but not tha much. Lights been upped to 600 so may need watering more often. Was thinking to turn light down til they recovered but its helping with my Temps. Appreciating people advice and opinions 👍
Yeah they will like temps 75-80f.

If you have an Android download "light meter" by my mobile tools dev. You should have about 10000-15000 lumens at this stage. Are you running the light 24/7

Water thoroughly till you get 20-30% runoff. It helps flush old nutrients out and prevents a nutrient buildup.

Keep the humidifier away from the plants to ensure they aren't getting any condensate on the that could cause issues with PM. If you can keep the humidity up around 70 for a few days.

Added: I would feed about 150-200ppm of nutrients

Top Bottom