Seedlings abit droopy.

• Thread starter Brettdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Sorry I was confusing your thread with another. My mistake.. I would be feeding light ppm of about 150 and water more often maybe every 2days.
there you go i was waiting and watching you bro,bingo was it name again,in coco there isnt a thing for feed other than what you provide,when i ran it,i found out real quick even just a water only meant low nutes,im guessing 150 to 200 ppm at this stage,cal mag does have N in it also but i wouldnt consider that feed,dont disgard it though ,the cooc gotta have it also just put about 50 ppm of cal mag in first then add your nutrients to a 150 total give a week and see what gives,probally beter ,im really surprised they look as good as they do without feed

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Seedlings are 15 days old about 4 nodes. How much roughly you think should I be watering them. Only give them.about 250 mil today. This is about my 8th grow. Never really had this as i use cuttings usually. This is second time with seeds. I'm jus genna water them every couple days but not tha much. Lights been upped to 600 so may need watering more often. Was thinking to turn light down til they recovered but its helping with my Temps. Appreciating people advice and opinions 👍
coco is supose to stay moist friend,it all about the air and nutrient exchange,not soaking wet but moist always,if you let it dry your gonna have real issues then,just my opinion

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

coco is supose to stay moist friend,it all about the air and nutrient exchange,not soaking wet but moist always,if you let it dry your gonna have real issues then,just my opinion
I've been keeping it moist been watering them every two days and had droopy leaves.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I've been keeping it moist been watering them every two days and had droopy leaves.
like this,depending on stage of growth say seedling,i exchanged air and nutes once a day,then early veg,once a day,middle of veg1 to 2 times a day,flip to flower start with twice a day,then the show really on,could be up to 4 times a day,the coco and runoff just drain out keeping the coco moist,you are exchanging air and nutes,the plant only takes what it wants,so you very well could be just wasting feed ,but you arent wasting air movement if you got me,this is the reason if i do another coco grow it will at the least have a drain to waste table,at the least ,but a flood and drain would be much better.
so your thinking the roots are just setting in water,nope all that ran out and the air movement dries the coco and as it does still get air to roots the nutreint are in the coco,thats important and reason for so much drainage to get all salts from last feed out,even if you flood the table and nutes are being sucked up threw the cup when the table drains it comes right back out

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

like this,depending on stage of growth say seedling,i exchanged air and nutes once a day,then early veg,once a day,middle of veg1 to 2 times a day,flip to flower start with twice a day,then the show really on,could be up to 4 times a day,the coco and runoff just drain out keeping the coco moist,you are exchanging air and nutes,the plant only takes what it wants,so you very well could be just wasting feed ,but you arent wasting air movement if you got me,this is the reason if i do another coco grow it will at the least have a drain to waste table,at the least ,but a flood and drain would be much better.
so your thinking the roots are just setting in water,nope all that ran out and the air movement dries the coco and as it does still get air to roots the nutreint are in the coco,thats important and reason for so much drainage to get all salts from last feed out,even if you flood the table and nutes are being sucked up threw the cup when the table drains it comes right back out
So you reckon water to run off next feed because when I potted them up i didnt water to runoff. I jus watered around the stem as plants were already a bit droopy. Its not underwater because when iwatered them they wud of perked up wudnt they if it was lack of water?

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

They was all last watered sunday about 300 mil each they.are in 11 litre fabric pots of coco. 600 wat light. If they was droopy Sunday when would you go and feed them next then? Never doing seeds again never get any issues with clones. Appreciating all the advice

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

They was all last watered sunday about 300 mil each they.are in 11 litre fabric pots of coco. 600 wat light. If they was droopy Sunday when would you go and feed them next then? Never doing seeds again never get any issues with clones. Appreciating all the advice
lift or lean them friend thats the best indicator,i dont go by schedules,some feed more than others if you dig,so cant say

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Yeh that's what I usually do if it feels light I water. That's why dno how they have got droopy. Will send mor pictures tomorrow evening
Two days after transplanting coco looks dry on top but they stil quite heavy to lift. They look even more droopier

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Was rereading this and I'm not sure wtf I was thinking. I'm pretty sure I was mixing this with another thread.

I'm pretty sure you need to be watering at least daily to bring fresh o2 into the coco. I'm pretty sure it will stay wet and heavy a while but if you let it dry out it's won't be good.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Was rereading this and I'm not sure wtf I was thinking. I'm pretty sure I was mixing this with another thread.

I'm pretty sure you need to be watering at least daily to bring fresh o2 into the coco. I'm pretty sure it will stay wet and heavy a while but if you let it dry out it's won't be good.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong
More water tho? Worn that make them droop more.dont you think they look overwatered?

Ph 007

Ph 007

They coco looks stupidity dry to me, on top anyway..

If I was you this would be my plan of attack.
Give a water with no calmag , just feed at 0.6 e.c. it sure what that is in ppm
Water from the top give about a litre
Or even water till run off soak the whole pot. Either way wait 1-3 before watering again

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

More water tho? Worn that make them droop more.dont you think they look overwatered?

Or even water till run off soak the whole pot. Either way wait 1-3 before watering again
Spoke to the man in hydroponic

shop today he reckons water with a bit of superthrive. Dont no what to do as got told wait til pots feel lighter. If they dont improve much in next week or so going start again but with clones like i usually do.

20191029 190931
20191029 190946
Ph 007

Ph 007

Mate iv not long gone from soil to coco, I been through all this look trough my posts you see lol..

It was cal mag causing me problems, try no cal mag and feed as soon as , feed 0.4 e.c then 1-3 days later feed 0.6 e.c and stay on 0.6 for a while till they look bit healthier

What water you using?
Mines tap water with no e.c.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Mate iv not long gone from soil to coco, I been through all this look trough my posts you see lol..

It was cal mag causing me problems, try no cal mag and feed as soon as , feed 0.4 e.c then 1-3 days later feed 0.6 e.c and stay on 0.6 for a while till they look bit healthier

What water you using?
I've been using coco for three years but always start with clones. Never had this issue before. I use tap water. Never cheked ec mate scince started growing. Jus check ph.
Il feed tomorow now. You reckon feed to run off or jus about a litre around the middle of pot? Appreciate advice

Ph 007

Ph 007

What water you using?

I was also over watering myself a lot when i started and the top if my coco never looked as dry as your

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I was also over watering myself a lot when i started and the top if my coco never looked as dry as your
Il feed them tomorrow and then see how they are.. Only top bit of coco is dry tho, when i stick finger in stil abit moist.
So il feed about litre each then wait until feel dry again..

Top Bottom