Selective Plant Harvest Process of Cannabis

• Thread starter BigBlonde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Though, the plant does it quite efficiently on its own when it's a clean cut branch.
That's an important point. I've read and heard the same about a clean cut regarding other types of plants. It might also be better to cut close to a node, which is also common pruning advice.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I was thinking that I don't harvest other crops all at once. I pick my apples as they ripen. So, knowing when to harvest part of a plant is a key skill with this technique. That would be the labor-intensive part. It wouldn't be bad for only a few plants, but beyond that, forget it.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Im thinking ill do a top half bottom half harvest this time but i also think the structure of the plant matters.

View attachment 1329259
20230302 102929

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Took the top 1/2 on march 1st which was day 72

Took the rest down Monday march 6th, day 77 of flower. Some of the popcorn buds started dying not maturing.

Will i do it again? No

Edit: bro science, the plant on the left has a 4" cylindrical air stone the other 3 plants have 2" stones.
No noticeable difference with the bigger air stone

Last edited:
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Took the top 1/2 on march 1st which was day 72

Took the rest down Monday march 6th, day 77 of flower. Some of the popcorn buds started dying not maturing.

Will i do it again? No
So next time just cut and hang rather than harvest top down?

I’m one plant about 3x3x4. It’s locked in a SCROG/trellis. I was thinking of trying this or just flipping my SCROG. Sounds like flipping might be best unless I wanted to reveg after harvest.

Thanks!

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

So next time just cut and hang rather than harvest top down?

I’m one plant about 3x3x4. It’s locked in a SCROG/trellis. I was thinking of trying this or just flipping my SCROG. Sounds like flipping might be best unless I wanted to reveg after harvest.

Thanks!
2 part question,
Its all personal, i wet trim using a bowl trimmer then dry on racks.

Try it for yourself

Latest posts

Top Bottom