Septoria, deficiency, neither, I don’t know?

• Thread starter Rama777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rama777

Rama777

Yo! 30 day old plants here. Super soil that seems solid, under 400mh, lots of airflow, hepa filter on intake, good temperatures, RO water with smallest dose of calmag. Any opinions? The lower first leaf has been on it’s way out for about 4 days. Likely unrelated to those other spots. I know those die off first, but the pattern is kinda weird? I accidentally watered a day early last week which could have triggered that lower leaf pattern?

Septoria deficiency neither i dont know
Septoria deficiency neither i dont know 2
Septoria deficiency neither i dont know 3
Septoria deficiency neither i dont know 4
HappynessBreath

HappynessBreath

I'll never understand pot growers.

The leaf margin is folded down (phos-bor deficiency) yet you wait until it dies then make it worse.

Why do pot growers wait until their plant is dead to notice their unhealthy plant? And why does everyone make their problem worse with calmag? Who's to blame for how backwards and self destructive the pot growing community is?

Rama777

Rama777

This is my first grow actually, so to be honest I’m totally ignorant with respect to how to help things as opposed to hurt them! I have read a good bit about the calmag controversy. I’m open to discontinuing it. My thought has been to just add a little so that my RO water has something to stabilize the pH enough to act as a buffer before adding a few drops of pH down per gallon in my context. The boron phosphorous deficiency to mention, is that in relation to that lower dying leaf, the fan leaf with the little dark spots or the developing fan leaf with the roundish yellow spot? Or all the above?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
The bottom leaf is more lightly old damage from hot soil

The leaf margin is folded down (phos-bor deficiency) yet you wait until it dies then make it worse.

Why do pot growers wait until their plant is dead to notice their unhealthy plant? And why does everyone make their problem worse with calmag? Who's to blame for how backwards and self destructive the pot growing community is?
lol firstly your talking a load of crap secondly your talking a load of crap

Your plants no where near dead lol

Rama777

Rama777

I removed those crappy looking lower leaves this morning, just in case there was a disease. I’m sure the plants won’t mind losing those leaves..

Also, my paranoia about disease stems from the fact that I make my living as an organic farmer. I live in an ultra moist climate so there is an annoying amount of fungal disease pressure all around me. I have a hepa filter on my intake and try to be cognizant about washing my hands and changing clothes before opening the tent. But, scouting for fungal disease is just a very real part of my life around here!

So yeah, while I am ignorant of cannabis symptoms currently, and do certainly hope those spots are just blemishes, working with various potentially infected crops outside keeps me on higher alert.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter

Are you kidding? What the hell are you smoking? That plant isn’t flowering, boron and phos? There is literally no plant demand for those things at that point. Your weird man.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I removed those crappy looking lower leaves this morning, just in case there was a disease. I’m sure the plants won’t mind losing those leaves..

Also, my paranoia about disease stems from the fact that I make my living as an organic farmer. I live in an ultra moist climate so there is an annoying amount of fungal disease pressure all around me. I have a hepa filter on my intake and try to be cognizant about washing my hands and changing clothes before opening the tent. But, scouting for fungal disease is just a very real part of my life around here!

So yeah, while I am ignorant of cannabis symptoms currently, and do certainly hope those spots are just blemishes, working with various potentially infected crops outside keeps me on higher alert.
Bro, that person doesn’t know an ass from an elbow. Most growers are nice people. That try to help. 👊🏻

Rama777

Rama777

Even as a newcomer to this, boron and and macro nutrients did sound pretty far fetched..

Does anyone have any thoughts about the dark spots on the fan leaf? Not the first true leaf little bugger. I’m not too concerned about that. Also the yellow spot in the developing can leaf? Possible disease or just normal growing pain blemishes?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Even as a newcomer to this, boron and and macro nutrients did sound pretty far fetched..

Does anyone have any thoughts about the dark spots on the fan leaf? Not the first true leaf little bugger. I’m not too concerned about that. Also the yellow spot in the developing can leaf? Possible disease or just normal growing pain blemishes?
Can you maybe snap a few shots of the plant? Maybe one top down, and a couple side profile pics with emphasis on the leaf tops?

Rama777

Rama777

I wanted to transplant into their final 7 gallon pots 2-4 days ago but shipping was stalled. I’ll be doing that tomorrow. They’re in 3/4 gallon pots of what I believe to be pretty awesome soil. So I don’t know if the yellow and dark spots could be related to wanting to be in a new home.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I don’t have any side profiles on hand. I could post one tonight.
Overall they look really good honestly. Sure there are a few spots, maybe due diligence and check under you leaves for critters (it’s just good practice) and be careful moving your ladies, leaves can get easily damaged or bruised. But I don’t see and toxicity or deficiency

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I wanted to transplant into their final 7 gallon pots 2-4 days ago but shipping was stalled. I’ll be doing that tomorrow. They’re in 3/4 gallon pots of what I believe to be pretty awesome soil. So I don’t know if the yellow and dark spots could be related to wanting to be in a new home.
It’s definitely possible. I’ve run grows in cups all the way through, you have to feed more in smaller pots at the same time being weary of any buffers in the soil wearing out. Up potting will def help a bunch.

Rama777

Rama777

Awesome thanks! Like I said, my biggest fear is/was potential septoria leaf spot because of the amount of shit I deal with on my farm. The possibility of me introducing a pathogen into my tent is a hundred fold higher than most growers I’m sure. Also not pictured or mentioned is one other thing that’s developed over the last two day. The full picture I just uploaded was from 3 days ago. This is apparent on a fair number of the developing fan leaves.
1D6D5C14 382F 4092 892A B35ADC6C21C6

Rama777

Rama777

I have fed them twice. Possibly too much but if so, I feel somewhat confident that it would have been overfeeding by a relatively small amount.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Awesome thanks! Like I said, my biggest fear is/was potential septoria leaf spot because of the amount of shit I deal with on my farm. The possibility of me introducing a pathogen into my tent is a hundred fold higher than most growers I’m sure. Also not pictured or mentioned is one other thing that’s developed over the last two day. The full picture I just uploaded was from 3 days ago. This is apparent on a fair number of the developing fan leaves. View attachment 2064004
That looks like a bit of mag starting to show up. Couldn’t see it in the other pics. Totally normal under led. Look up some quick epsom salt solutions for cannabis, for your application. That should stop that from creeping out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom