Septoria, deficiency, neither, I don’t know?

• Thread starter Rama777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Also, it’s not like what I’m saying is set in stone or anything, the cool thing about these forums is, you get 3 or 4 decent opinions that apply to your circumstances, it’s all in the aid of helping you to make the best educated decision that makes sense for your grow. With soooo many variables to work under, it’s a great way to play wack a mole. Sometimes explaining ailments and fixes through pics on the web can be tough sometimes. Best of luck my friend…….

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I grew up in a time that "city" water wasn't available to us country folks, well water varied from one house to the next. Then I spent some time welding in the strip mines so I got to see up close and personal whats under the soil. Getting your water tested would be a good move.

Dude, your plants look awesome! Relax and enjoy the grow and I almost forgot, welcome to the Farm!!

jj

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I grew up in a time that "city" water wasn't available to us country folks, well water varied from one house to the next. Then I spent some time welding in the strip mines so I got to see up close and personal whats under the soil. Getting your water tested would be a good move.

Dude, your plants look awesome! Relax and enjoy the grow and I almost forgot, welcome to the Farm!!

jj
For a first run, he’s def ahead of the curve. 👊🏻

Rama777

Rama777

Thanks y’all! Well, it doesn’t hurt that I’m a farmer ;)

But, that does bring up something concerning a gap in my plant experience. I don’t have any experience bringing plants anywhere near to maturity in pots. I just use good soil and water until I transplant my starts into the field. So watering is simple. Dry, water, dry water.

I’ve decided on doing these organically, as that’s how my brain works with plants anyways. I practice only no-till methods and my focus is on soil health.

Once I transplant into these 7 gallon pots, I’ll have a new fear to deal with! The idea of course is to build the biology in the pots and not use salts and not water until runoff. Just keep the soil moist they say. I understand why, just don’t have any experience doing so in a big ass pot. I think I’ll be safe by erring on the side of too dry versus too wet. That’s how I’ve been with plants in pots my whole life. Perhaps I’ll end up sacrificing some nutrient availability and yields by being too conservative. Better than too wet! If anyone has experience and tips with watering 5-10 gallon organic pots here, I’m all ears :))

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thanks y’all! Well, it doesn’t hurt that I’m a farmer ;)

But, that does bring up something concerning a gap in my plant experience. I don’t have any experience bringing plants anywhere near to maturity in pots. I just use good soil and water until I transplant my starts into the field. So watering is simple. Dry, water, dry water.

I’ve decided on doing these organically, as that’s how my brain works with plants anyways. I practice only no-till methods and my focus is on soil health.

Once I transplant into these 7 gallon pots, I’ll have a new fear to deal with! The idea of course is to build the biology in the pots and not use salts and not water until runoff. Just keep the soil moist they say. I understand why, just don’t have any experience doing so in a big ass pot. I think I’ll be safe by erring on the side of too dry versus too wet. That’s how I’ve been with plants in pots my whole life. Perhaps I’ll end up sacrificing some nutrient availability and yields by being too conservative. Better than too wet! If anyone has experience and tips with watering 5-10 gallon organic pots here, I’m all ears :))
I would step up through a 3 or 5 gallon first. You get into too big of a pot too fast, all the water and feed will settle at the bottom of the pot, over a few feeds, it’ll get saturated down there, and the roots won’t be able to penetrate down there. You will end up with any number of uptake issues with that scenario. If you do go that way, less is more in the feed dept. But when you do feed do it in a ring on the edge of the pot to coax growth and allow for air at the roots. But if you can, I would go from what you are in, into a 3, then a 5, eventually getting to the seven a week before flip. This is all relative to your proposed schedule though. My 2 cents.

Rama777

Rama777

Good thoughts. I am at day 30. Planning to flip at around 56, so I don’t see much potential for another intermediate sized pot. Correct me if I’m wrong. I do actually have 5 gallon pots on hand. I was planning to use those but everyone swear you need at least 10 millions gallons of soil to have an easy and effective organic grow, lol. We’ll see how it all works out but I did put down in my log notes to use a 1.5 to 2 gallon pot as my secondary pot next round, as opposed to these 3/4 (could be closer to 4/5) gallon pots.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I’ve gone over them photos a few times now and I’m gonna stick with my first thoughts the marks you where worried about just look like blemish’s

I was thinking the same thing tbh about pot size.

I guess your useing usa gallons and not Imperial gallons that always throws me out.

Still 25l i don’t know if you’ll need them ok I’ve some myself in 25l however this grow got no love and I could of used 20l if I hadn’t been ignoring them.

Next grow might get more love but I don’t do well during weather changes.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
But now you have me considering the 5ers again..
They’ll really bust loose if you do that sooner than later. They are def ready…..

Rama777

Rama777

Also have 2 gallon fabric pots on hand that I could step up to. My options are 2, then 5 or 7, or 5 or 7 now. Not much time to wait to transplant clearly.

Not in love with the idea of taking plants out of fabric pots to transplant. Probably could be fine, just never done it.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Also have 2 gallon fabric pots on hand that I could step up to. My options are 2, then 5 or 7, or 5 or 7 now. Not much time to wait to transplant clearly.

Not in love with the idea of taking plants out of fabric pots to transplant. Probably could be fine, just never done it.
if there aren’t any roots growing through it, you should be able to just roll it down and off the ball. It’s what I do when one doesn’t want to let go, but even still, if there are roots coming through, just snip them. It won’t hurt anything as long as you aren’t a lunatic about it. Just use kid gloves. And take time.

Rama777

Rama777

You think it may be worth going into two gallons for two weeks, then flip to flower 4-7 days after the last transplant?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
You think it may be worth going into two gallons for two weeks, then flip to flower 4-7 days after the last transplant?
Yeah, that’s a good way to go about it. You’d be surprised how fast they can fill out a new pot. Doesn’t take long at all. I’d finish in a 5 or a seven though.

Rama777

Rama777

I appreciate it. I’ll consider it throughout the day. Everywhere I turn with organic growers it seems like they transplant into big pots early on or even start in them. I get the goal of building the soil biology, but Jesus watering seems like it would be challenging. Well, I’m sure people eventually figure out their technique. But yeah, definitely consider a 2 gallon first now to make things easier for me, at the probable expense of some health and yield. Decisions decisions..

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Once you do It becomes 2nd nature like any part of growing does in the end anyways reason I posted was to say when you do transplant it’s better to do when the plants dry if you do it when they are wet the roots can rip and stick to the bottom whereas when they are dry they come out in one lump. I’m organic and have always started In 1l pots, 5l then 10l or 15l ending in 20l-25l usually

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I appreciate it. I’ll consider it throughout the day. Everywhere I turn with organic growers it seems like they transplant into big pots early on or even start in them. I get the goal of building the soil biology, but Jesus watering seems like it would be challenging. Well, I’m sure people eventually figure out their technique. But yeah, definitely consider a 2 gallon first now to make things easier for me, at the probable expense of some health and yield. Decisions decisions..
Hey man, I get it, I hand feed all of my plants too homie. I’m ridiculous…..these two rooms tedious 1 and tedious 2 hahaha

IMG 9591
IMG 9592
IMG 9541
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Once you do It becomes 2nd nature like any part of growing does in the end anyways reason I posted was to say when you do transplant it’s better to do when the plants dry if you do it when they are wet the roots can rip and stick to the bottom whereas when they are dry they come out in one lump
💯 👊🏻

Top Bottom