Septoria, deficiency, neither, I don’t know?

• Thread starter Rama777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I suppose then I should mention that they are under 400 watt metal halide lights. Also, one of the parents is cindarella 99 which is said to be very calmag hungry.
I’m not seeing cal issues though. Just the mag. Well that checks out if it’s part of the deal.

Rama777

Rama777

Cool cool. Always have epsom on hand at the farm. You have a recommendation for ratios of water to epsom for a foliar? It’s probably the same as I use for my produce but I don’t know if cannabis is overly sensitive.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Cool cool. Always have epsom on hand at the farm. You have a recommendation for ratios and water for an epsom foliar? It’s probably the same as I use for my produce but I don’t know if cannabis is overly sensitive.
Bro, I’m not the dude to talk to about foliar applications, I just don’t do it unless it’s for critters. I think they are counterproductive for newer folks…..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Also what do you think, about a 1/4 cup of borax to a gallon of water to correct the glaringly obvious boron deficiency that’s nigh on destroying my whole crop???
Easy tiger hahahaha

Rama777

Rama777

K thanks. I appreciate it. I’ll look into it. I also may up my calmag dose for my RO water. I’m getting into a more mature veg territory and still using the recommended dose for establishing plants, not to mention the allegedly calmag hungry strain.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
K thanks. I appreciate it. I’ll look into it. I also may up my calmag dose for my RO water. I’m getting into a more mature veg territory and still using the recommended dose for establishing plants, not to mention the allegedly calmag hungry strain.
How much are you using in the ro? You may have stated that already. Also, I’ll tag a couple of legit dro heads that I haunt. When you start getting in the hydro weeds, is when it’s incumbent on me as a soil head, to pass the torch to a better grower in this regard. My knowledge base in the dro is limited. @Trash_2002 and @jadins_journey are the two hydro guys that I follow all the time. Real killers in the game. Best of luck buddy! And sorry you had to deal with a dickhead on one of your first posts. Rest assured 90% of the folks on here are really awesome salt of the earth folks, the ones that come out guns blazing talking shit, really shows how limited in thier knowledge they really are. Don’t pay attention to those “growers” they ain’t shit. Welcome to the farm homie! You seem to have a pretty decent understanding of fundamentals, definitely a plus.

Rama777

Rama777

I believe it man, and I seriously appreciate the support!! I’m in soil by the way, not hydro..

I’ll put them into their new pots and see how the potential magnesium deficiency plays out for a few days after before possibly doing anything.

I’m using enough calmag to bring my ppm up to 40 from 7, which seems to be the base ppm of my RO.

Rama777

Rama777

The brand I have is 4:1 calcium to magnesium. My nutrients will have a pretty decent amount of calcium included. I mat dig deeper into seeing if I should add a touch of epsom into my water. I think I read someone somewhere at some point in my research who believed that 4:1 was not a good ratio, but I don’t remember how he thought it was unbalanced, or wether they were even correct. Oh the internet..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I believe it man, and I seriously appreciate the support!! I’m in soil by the way, not hydro..

I’ll put them into their new pots and see how the potential magnesium deficiency plays out for a few days after before possibly doing anything.

I’m using enough calmag to bring my ppm up to 40 from 7, which seems to be the base ppm of my RO.
Ok, the ro was throwing me off, you really don’t need to do that In soil bud. Unless you have hard or soft water depending. You can usually find out how and what and how much minerals they use at your treatment plant. That will help if you are not sure. But in soil, I use water straight from the tap.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
How much are you using in the ro? You may have stated that already. Also, I’ll tag a couple of legit dro heads that I haunt. When you start getting in the hydro weeds, is when it’s incumbent on me as a soil head, to pass the torch to a better grower in this regard. My knowledge base in the dro is limited. @Trash_2002 and @jadins_journey are the two hydro guys that I follow all the time. Real killers in the game. Best of luck buddy! And sorry you had to deal with a dickhead on one of your first posts. Rest assured 90% of the folks on here are really awesome salt of the earth folks, the ones that come out guns blazing talking shit, really shows how limited in thier knowledge they really are. Don’t pay attention to those “growers” they ain’t shit. Welcome to the farm homie! You seem to have a pretty decent understanding of fundamentals, definitely a plus.
Sorry jj and trash, I thought this was a dro grow…

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
The brand I have is 4:1 calcium to magnesium. My nutrients will have a pretty decent amount of calcium included. I mat dig deeper into seeing if I should add a touch of epsom into my water. I think I read someone somewhere at some point in my research who believed that 4:1 was not a good ratio, but I don’t remember how he thought it was unbalanced, or wether they were even correct. Oh the internet..
Toss a teaspoon of mag a gallon since what you are feeding already has a ratio.

Rama777

Rama777

I have well water. I really should have it tested. I filter it for drinking. What I do know is that my vegetable starts (thousands a year..) hate it but I don’t know why. Maybe it’s just the pH. I certainly don’t have time to adjust the pH for all the water I use. I actually use rain water but I have to decommission the rain storage stuff during the winter which is why I bought an RO filter.

Rama777

Rama777

I see a lot of solids accumulate on the soil surface of my starts when I use well water. I do however bottom water all of my trays. It’s probable that if I were waiting from above to runoff that I wouldn’t have that issue. But, since I’m doing these plants organically, I don’t plan to water until runoff. So I just can’t trust my well water..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I have well water. I really should have it tested. I filter it for drinking. What I do know is that my vegetable starts (thousands a year..) hate it but I don’t know why. Maybe it’s just the pH. I certainly don’t have time to adjust the pH for all the water I use. I actually use rain water but I have to decommission the rain storage stuff during the winter which is why I bought an RO filter.
Ok, cool, well water really is a crap shoot. You def should check that, you never know man, you could be sitting on some really goldilox good water. Yeah I would check the ph of it, and give it a whirl if it’s in acceptable ranges.
You say your outdoor plants start to hate it, tells me it’s heavy with something, or lacking in a key mineral.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I see a lot of solids accumulate on the soil surface of my starts when I use well water. I do however bottom water all of my trays. It’s probable that if I were waiting from above to runoff that I wouldn’t have that issue. But, since I’m doing these plants organically, I don’t plan to water until runoff. So I just can’t trust my well water..
Ok fair enough. I don’t water to runoff ever. Not my style either. Fair enough. Well, as long as you supplement the cal mag, 3 ml a gallonIsh should be plenty on top of your organic feed regimen. Def toss in that salt though.

Rama777

Rama777

Cool thanks. I irrigate my crops with spring water. Around these parts, well water is known to sometimes be high in sodium. Ridiculous that as a farmer I haven’t tested the well water but since I use rain water it was easy enough to just bypass using it anyways. But yeah, sodium is my fear with the well water.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Cool thanks. I irrigate my crops with spring water. Around these parts, well water is known to sometimes be high in sodium. Ridiculous that as a farmer I haven’t tested the well water but since I use rain water it was easy enough to just bypass using it anyways. But yeah, sodium is my fear with the well water.
That is a well founded homie. Salt can pound sand? 😝

Latest posts

Top Bottom