Setting Up With 2 Marshydro Ll 400watt Led

• Thread starter SKYWALKER420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SKYWALKER420

Well I topped my girls for the first time. This is day 30 from seeds I guess there so short and stubby due to the led lights or the fact I've been taking a few leafs here and there for more penatration so I'll probably back off that for awhile, but all seems well. Any input would be a great help!

20160122 120438
S

SKYWALKER420

Update finally got the 2 little ladies switched over to the bigger tent with more lighting hopefully they will respond well!

20160122 221829
S

SKYWALKER420

The 2 up front are the mars ll 400watt and the one in the back is a older mars 180watt ufo led. The actual watts on the 400w is 190w and 109w on the 180w ufo. I'll probably be ordering 2 more of the mars ll 400W to put in this tent that will put me at the 5w per Sq ft mark.

S

SKYWALKER420

Sorry 50 watts per Sq ft in the 4x4 with 4 of the mars ll 400W leds

CaliRay

CaliRay

The 2 up front are the mars ll 400watt and the one in the back is a older mars 180watt ufo led. The actual watts on the 400w is 190w and 109w on the 180w ufo. I'll probably be ordering 2 more of the mars ll 400W to put in this tent that will put me at the 5w per Sq ft mark.
Nice

S

SKYWALKER420

Well this is the mars tent and the sqft is 15.2 not a true 4x4 which is 16sqft but they call it a 4x4 and 4 of the 400s at 188W is 750 watts ÷ by 15.2sqft=49.7 watts per sqft and if I add the 180ufo which is 109 watts right in the middle of the 4 that would be 56.46 watts persqft. So 49.7 watts or 56.46 either or should get nice results either way aslong as I do my part right.

S

SKYWALKER420

The way I have right now is only 31.9 watts persqft. Which will do just fine.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

My temps stay about 73-75 F. I switched to LED to try it and cut some power. Not having to run as many fans is nice. I have been thinking about putting a 400 HPS for bloom, bit no complaints here about LED not getting results.
Hello there, How high did you keep them from the seedlings? I have a 600 watt led and right now I have it about 24 inches above the seedlings. I'm trying to figure out how hi to keep it. I used this led on my last grow but I didn't use it until the flowering and it was about 34 inches above the tops. It worked great at that height.

S

SKYWALKER420

HELLO Newtogrowing I waited about 2 weeks after the seeds sprouted then they were under a 180watt ufo led about 2 more weeks then I put them under the 400s at around 36 in I've been playing with the heights myself I have had them at 18 in for a week then I noticed the plants did not like it that close but right now I have it at 28-29 in hopping they will grow up a little more and not quite so bushy one thing I have noticed it's different for most people mainly depending on what your plants like my suggestion is leave at that height a week check them if all is good lower 2in more for another week till you find that sweet spot. But definitely don't get to close with the seedlings it will burn them up!!!! If you don't mind what strain are you growing? I hope this helps.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

HELLO Newtogrowing I waited about 2 weeks after the seeds sprouted then they were under a 180watt ufo led about 2 more weeks then I put them under the 400s at around 36 in I've been playing with the heights myself I have had them at 18 in for a week then I noticed the plants did not like it that close but right now I have it at 28-29 in hopping they will grow up a little more and not quite so bushy one thing I have noticed it's different for most people mainly depending on what your plants like my suggestion is leave at that height a week check them if all is good lower 2in more for another week till you find that sweet spot. But definitely don't get to close with the seedlings it will burn them up!!!! If you don't mind what strain are you growing? I hope this helps.
I'm growing purple bud and sweet mango.. There both only 3 days old. lolol. The sweet mango is an autoflower.

S

SKYWALKER420

I started some ak47 autoflower seedlings after 1 week of spouting them I put them in the tent under the 2 400s and ended up burning mine up lol lesson learned I guess! I had the lights at 24in or 28in ! I had a few experienced growers tell me to start them under florescent lights or 1- 2 23w cfls for a couple of weeks or until they got there 1st set of leaves.Then move them under the leds at 32-36in.to get them use to the leds then go from there.

S

SKYWALKER420

Hello farmers ,well I was hoping that I was going to be able to not run a exhaust system since I was using LEDS ! I was thinking 3 or so 6in clip on fans would have been fine in a 4x4 tent with only 2 400watt leds. Well I was wrong! My Temps were getting in the high 80s 88-90 to be exact and running DWC it was killing my water temps so I ended up installing a 4in inline exhaust system with filter but Temps are still in the mid 80s so it helps but not alot maybe I need a 6in or 8in exhaust! For now I just wrapped my resivor with those reflector winshield things you would put in your car window and glued on to the resivor it seems to be working pretty well though, well
20160127 091549
20160127 091616
here are a couple of pictures with the exhaust system installed and resivor wrapped I'll update again soon .

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Hello farmers ,well I was hoping that I was going to be able to not run a exhaust system since I was using LEDS ! I was thinking 3 or so 6in clip on fans would have been fine in a 4x4 tent with only 2 400watt leds. Well I was wrong! My Temps were getting in the high 80s 88-90 to be exact and running DWC it was killing my water temps so I ended up installing a 4in inline exhaust system with filter but Temps are still in the mid 80s so it helps but not alot maybe I need a 6in or 8in exhaust! For now I just wrapped my resivor with those reflector winshield things you would put in your car window and glued on to the resivor it seems to be working pretty well though, well View attachment 567749 View attachment 567754 here are a couple of pictures with the exhaust system installed and resivor wrapped I'll update again soon .
Very Nice!!

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

Nice to have some people around here using these LED's! I'm pretty interested in the Mars but can't afford them right now. Actually I found it quite hard to judge from these typical pro-con youtube videos or reviews... Really looking forward to check your stuff!!!

the cxb 3590 cob, is a cheaper DIY project for led, with better components, most LEDs companies on the market don't use the best components.

Top Bottom