Sex of seed from feminized plant?

• Thread starter Misanthrope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

I found a seed in my fall outdoor harvest of MAC. Will a seed produced by an unpollenated (sp?) feminized plant also be female or is it back to 50/50?

crossfader

crossfader

Good question! I'm curious to find out as I've got seeds from my outdoor-grown feminized clones and would like to try growing some this season✌️

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I found a seed in my fall outdoor harvest of MAC. Will a seed produced by an unpollenated (sp?) feminized plant also be female or is it back to 50/50?
The plant was pollinated. You are not in possession of the Jesus Seed.

If there were only female plants in the vicinity of the plant the seed came from, the seed was produced by a male flower that popped up on a female plant. It might even be the same plant that produced the seed. (Yes cannabis, like all plants, can fuck themselves.)

The seed is female, unless there was a real male that blew pollen in the area.

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

It can depend, from what I understand of breeding which is still a learning process, if your sure no male pollen from a male plant could have pollenated you plant then it could be a fem or a S1 basically a selfed plant is either stressed to the point of thinking it’s dying so it pops male parts to reproduce. Problem is if it herms from stress easy is it’s going to pass that easy to herm traits on to the next generation. That’s why breeders use chemicals to stress the plant out to make gem seeds.

Top Bottom