Sexing Seeds?

• Thread starter Pakalolo Laau
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

Moving Puna ain't that bad. Only thing is you guys gotta live like camping, down on that side. Boonies. Lol.
Still the garden of eden though. Some of the BEST worldwide, hands down, comes from Puna. I love that place.

Our Garden over here is always green like puna too. If you ever drop in to check out here, lmk.
I been growing more pain based meds. Aliens make for good meds for pain. Well most of em. A few strains just plain knocks you out. Since Alien left, I have been collecting what is left out there. Its been a journey collecting, but bumming me out as I try the seeds. Only 1 breeder has produced majority males so far though. The rest have had great shares of females. I been wanting to take the Alien grenades to F7 and see how the Hawaii adapted version turns out. I also have some unique cuts. 1 is 13 years old and still going. Wish I had some Puna Butta though.....Got only a half breed of it, crossed with Kauai Electric. What kind you be running up there?

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

SAM 1011

And they are off..... to the races. No BS, these beans are popping already. Almost too crazy, and crazy fast. I usually soak em first, but this time I said F#@$ it, and just popped em in the dirt(light warrior). Speedy like males like to be I guess..... The 1st pack of this, was fast to germinate like these as well.

SurfdOut

SurfdOut

Pakalolo Laau said:
Moving Puna ain't that bad. Only thing is you guys gotta live like camping, down on that side. Boonies. Lol.
Still the garden of eden though. Some of the BEST worldwide, hands down, comes from Puna. I love that place.

Our Garden over here is always green like puna too. If you ever drop in to check out here, lmk.
I been growing more pain based meds. Aliens make for good meds for pain. Well most of em. A few strains just plain knocks you out. Since Alien left, I have been collecting what is left out there. Its been a journey collecting, but bumming me out as I try the seeds. Only 1 breeder has produced majority males so far though. The rest have had great shares of females. I been wanting to take the Alien grenades to F7 and see how the Hawaii adapted version turns out. I also have some unique cuts. 1 is 13 years old and still going. Wish I had some Puna Butta though.....Got only a half breed of it, crossed with Kauai Electric. What kind you be running up there?

Wow, f7...Wow 13 years, whats that one like? If you like Aliens pretty sure Obsoul is gonna drop some pretty soon. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Went checked out the spot in Puna, has a brand new 24 x 36 ft greenhouse on it. But yeah, pretty raw on this island. Might be moving over to yours to grow out in the west side, sent a bunch of shatter over there last week.

Just cut (BB x SSH) x (BB x NHz), Malian Highland x Columbian Gold x Sour D. Flowering: Afgooey, Pakistani Citral Kush, Jack x SSH, Shiva, Flo x AW32. Vegging: fuck, a whole bunch of shit.

Puna Budda x GSC
DSCN1005

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

interestin bro...but dubious to say the least. can't help but think is bs or wishful thinkin.

neverbreak

We got a local saying out here in the islands from the old schoolers..... " If you no go, you won't know" and "If you no try, you no can cry", So even though we all have a bit of skepticism, we can at least try. It doesn't hurt to try and see how it turns out. Once that it is done conclusions can be made and some results can be put to rest. At the least, I tried it, even if most say its bogus.

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

My goal is to create it to that F7 stage. I think we can get there in half the time with our weather.

That PBxGSC looks mentals.

I can't wait for some of them fem GSC's to reach. Got them coming soon.....

No forget to check us out when you come on by our way.....

neverbreak

neverbreak

We got a local saying out here in the islands from the old schoolers..... " If you no go, you won't know" and "If you no try, you no can cry", So even though we all have a bit of skepticism, we can at least try. It doesn't hurt to try and see how it turns out. Once that it is done conclusions can be made and some results can be put to rest. At the least, I tried it, even if most say its bogus.

def all for tryin n seein what comes of it, just skeptical. wish u the best with it tho bro! to be able to check the sex of seeds would be undoubtedly valuable.

neverbreak

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

My solution for the short term was to order some fems from divine. hehehehe. Can't go wrong with them fems. Plus the last time I got some Eskimo's from Divine, 10 of 12 were beautiful girls. I was lucky to score some GSC's this last time. I'm just lickin' my chops waiting for the day they get here.....

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

Hey NB. I was just thinking and kinda laughing at this thought. No matter if the seed is predestined of its sex prior to planting, because the environment can change it. Which made me flash to this theory of relativity. Must be some truth to it, because, Humans, like plants are going through it in this present day. Even though humans are born with their male or female parts, which was destined at the fertilization of the egg, their environment still can change their sex and turn them gay. Might be some truth to that, which would make a majority skeptical as well of the seed sexing(we are already accepting the idea in daily life that environment can change or determine sex, even in humans). Plants must, and will, turn gay as well. Damn environmental changes.....Lol.
In theory then, one might be able to have 9 males, and hope for some to turn gay and go female. I guess this is where my 3 packs have gone. Lol. Jk, trying to find humor with this shyt. Hope you had a small chuckle with this one. Peace. PL.

neverbreak

neverbreak

Hey NB. I was just thinking and kinda laughing at this thought. No matter if the seed is predestined of its sex prior to planting, because the environment can change it. Which made me flash to this theory of relativity. Must be some truth to it, because, Humans, like plants are going through it in this present day. Even though humans are born with their male or female parts, which was destined at the fertilization of the egg, their environment still can change their sex and turn them gay. Might be some truth to that, which would make a majority skeptical as well of the seed sexing(we are already accepting the idea in daily life that environment can change or determine sex, even in humans). Plants must, and will, turn gay as well. Damn environmental changes.....Lol.
In theory then, one might be able to have 9 males, and hope for some to turn gay and go female. I guess this is where my 3 packs have gone. Lol. Jk, trying to find humor with this shyt. Hope you had a small chuckle with this one. Peace. PL.

wow dude i can't believe you just said that, joke or not. gender identify n sexual preference is nothing to do with sex. sex is determined by your chromosomal makeup. gender is a human construct. sexual preference is just that - sexual preference. to conflate the two is both ignorant n pretty offensive. plants are really quite different to humans, much more plastic. environment cannot change the sex of a human. period. gender identify n sexual preferences can change, yes, but not sex. bring gay does not equate bein a female.

sorry bro, i fail i find the humor in this one. for the record, i'm not gay, but jokes like this are akin to racial jokes - they can hurt even when said lightheartedly. one this to joke about it in private with friends, another to post it on the internet.

neverbreak

DAT

DAT

WOW Paka, thanks for doing this thread . :D:DI will def look at my beans closer now because most of mine are regs . ill go through my Dog Kush beanz tonite and see if i can find some difference!
Oh and when you mentioned Kawai Electric I couldnt believe it.
I havent heard anyone mention that strain for so long. I was lucky enough to visit Hawaii in 1986 and i was chillin on a beach in Kawai and a cool cat came up to me and asked me if i wanted to get high with him, fuck yeah! it was Kawai Electric and so damn good. then he sold me some!! SCORE!!!!!!!I bought some from him and took it back to New jersey with me! when i made it back to Jersey i shared it with it my freinds went NUTS couldnt believe how awesome it was! thanks for everything
U ROCK!!!!!!!!!:cool::p:D

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

Update on them beans..... I had 3 race for the stars and fizzle out on me so far. That was the weirdest thing, to grow vigorously and not pop the helmet and stop to dry out. Lol. 8 are left growing though. There was one thing that I did notice from popping them. I first guessed 7 out of 11, with maybe 2 out of the 4 that were female, I was unsure. Well when they sprouted I noticed that 9 grew fast and tall, while 2 grew short and slow. My guess is that the 2 are probably going to be the ones. The rest probably males. Just a guess through past experience. Out of the 3 that fizzled, 1 was a short one. Therefore I am expecting 1 out of the 8 left will be a lady, while the rest probably the males. Let us see if my observation hunch is right. I can post a pic of what the looked like when they were racing for the roof. Aloha and have a great day. PL.

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

Update on them 8 beaners.....

SAM 1241rs SAM 1243rs SAM 1242rs

They look really good and green. Very beautiful ones. However, 3 already have start showing balls under the micro. Looks like 2 actually have chance of being ladies. The other 3 prolly males. For an experiment, it seems ok. I am labeling the next batch of beans individually next time. See if I can see the difference and how good it works all together. I won't waste the males. Just let em grow for another week or 2 and start juicing em. Lol. Greens are greens. Peace. PL.

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

So far the total has come to 5 males. The other 3 looks like they have chance to be ladies(1 female pod on each so far). If they succeed, 3 out of 8 that survived isn't that bad. It would have been cool to see what the 3 others woulda been. That's ok, the experimenting continues.....

Top Bottom