Sexing Seeds?

• Thread starter Pakalolo Laau
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

.Ive seen that before...those dont even look like pot seeds

Lol. I know, but I have seen weirder seeds than that. I got a few seeds that look like ass. Literally, 2 but cheeks in the seed. Lol. They came from Gods Gift. More than one too. I also have had some look like flying saucers. That came from White fire Alien. It doesn't surprise me much anymore.

One thing that got me going is that they actually do charge for certification courses in the MJ industry. Jobs will be popping up for these courses etc.. If they actually teach this in the course then will be applying it in the lab setting, then why wouldn't it make sense?

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Lol. I know, but I have seen weirder seeds than that. I got a few seeds that look like ass. Literally, 2 but cheeks in the seed. Lol. They came from Gods Gift. More than one too. I also have had some look like flying saucers. That came from White fire Alien. It doesn't surprise me much anymore.

One thing that got me going is that they actually do charge for certification courses in the MJ industry. Jobs will be popping up for these courses etc.. If they actually teach this in the course then will be applying it in the lab setting, then why wouldn't it make sense?

You gotta SERIOUS POINT there sir!!

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

Just sat down for a while going thru my fem seeds from my last breeding. Have to admit, its a bitch to sit there going thru a bunch of em. If you got any type of a.d.d or a.d.h.d, this is not for you. I did noticed that all the different strains had that volcano crater in them(all fems though, and just like uncle said). Then I went to look at the regulars from my orders. I looked at a few different packs from different breeders. Saw a few, throughout different packs that had the volcano crater in them. Lots of them didn't have em, which makes good for an experiment. I am glad my tropicoma looked 50/50. That was some hell of a strain to enjoy. I did find a pack that was mostly pointed, so that one is definitely a tester.
I used a 40x illuminated magnifier which made things easy(few seconds a seed). Hardest thing was holding them little beans.
I guess no breeder would take the patience to go through what I just did, and need I say, I only sat there for a short while.
I guess only time will tell from a test.....

SurfdOut

SurfdOut

I believe the sex is predetermined based on how much stress the parent plants went through, but that can be swayed by environmental conditions around the 3rd week of veg....just my observations.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I believe the sex is predetermined based on how much stress the parent plants went through, but that can be swayed by environmental conditions around the 3rd week of veg....just my observations.
I agree

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Reactions: DAT
Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

I just went through 11 beans from a breeder pack. I am not going to claim that my eye is a pro at it, but I am thinking 7-11 on that one. 7 males, maybe 4 females, and 2 out of the 4 was questionable. Just popped them in some coco pots with soil and let see what happens. Should make for an easy sexing. Hawaii winters can grow 6 inch buds. LOL. Should be able to get sex in about a month outdoor. Maybe quicker.
The wait is on.....

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

Did you take pics with labels

Here is a pic of the 11 seeds. Idk about the seeds I been getting, but they all seem light colored to me.....

SAM 0910rs

I won't bash the breeder of these seeds(not my style). However, I have ordered a bunch of various crosses from this breeder. My first pack of seeds yielded 1 female, the rest males. The second different pack yielded the same, 1 female, the rest males. My 3rd pack was also a bust so far. 2 are left from that pack that haven't turned male yet. This fourth pack that you see in the pic is a second pack of seeds as the 3rd pack(i bought 2 of this cross). I am only hoping that i don't go 4 for 4. If that happens, then my business stops going to that place. No matter what genetics they have. I am kind of bummed because I have 3 or 4 other crosses from this breeder that I haven't popped yet. It would be very disturbing if every pack turns out with only 1 female. I am hoping for the best.....

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

Did you take pics with labels

I didn't label the ones I thought were males and females. I been so pissed that I actually am having this problem. Just looked at em and popped em in the dome. Only with this one breeders genetics I am having this happen. Aliens packs always gave me at least 6 or more females when I ran those. Golden lion did well for me. Og raskal did good too. Its just blowing me away. Like I said..... Just like rolling the dice, but only getting craps. lol.

Reactions: DAT
Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

Laau, since I moved to a higher location on the Big Island I have noticed a lot more females....bout 90% females now. Cold nights? I'm at 4,000 ft.

I can say that its been cold as heck all the way over here as well. Sometimes it was too cold. All seeds, vegetables and all wasn't wanting to really sprout. Only now are the seeds starting to pop over here in the veggie garden. Its been a weird winter for popping seeds. Lots of the farmers here have been having the same problems getting seeds to pop in their gardens.
I know how to get more females..... Pop some Hawaiian seeds already.....

God's gift fems! Look how TAN they got from our sun. Lol.
SAM 0911rs

Alien Grenade F2 S1's(Lemon Drop pheno)
SAM 0915rs

What side BI you stay?
PL.

SurfdOut

SurfdOut

Yeah, I gotta start all my seeds inside during winter. I have some land down south but it looks like I have to move back to Puna this week to take over my buddies farm.

Would love to end up on your island. What ya growing? Have always enjoyed your alien pics.

Top Bottom