Sexing This Plant First Time Grower Please Help

• Thread starter Isuzumafia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Isuzumafia

Isuzumafia

so about a week ago I put this picture up
Sexing this plant first time grower please help
and some people told me too early some people told me it's a male. It's my first plant and I decided to still keep it alive even if it's a male. So I flipped the switch about 4 days ago and upon further inspection I found more pre flowers but very tiny. I think they look like female pre flowers.
Sexing this plant first time grower please help 3
And here the same picture as the first one I posted up to date
Sexing this plant first time grower please help 2
here's another branch with what looks like pre flowers
Sexing this plant first time grower please help 4
any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my first grow. From seed it's about a month and 3 weeks. Thanks for the input in advance and excuse the dirty hands I work in the automotive field even when i wear gloves it's hard not to get dirty haha

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Too early to really tell. I'm leaning towards male.

But some of those are not preflowers, those are nodes where a branch is beginning.

Best of luck.
Peace

miko

miko

I have noticed different strains take different times to show sex. Some are showing their female parts a few days after flip and some take a week.
What I notice is that the ones that don't show fairly quickly.. usually are male...

xavier7995

xavier7995

Honestly, it will not hurt to wait another week just to make sure. It takes a while for the males to form their pollen balls and do their money shot, you will have plenty of time to make whatever decision.

H

happy b

Too early too be certain but those wee bits look like its got a very small ball on the end.not sure though.

DrFever

DrFever

yea anywhere from 5 - 8 weeks you will know had lots of plants where i picked before as male turn out female i believe shroom is looking at stem structure i bit and how there swollen etc which usually is male i am guessing ???
but Don't count it not being a female just yet

miko

miko

Its also easier when you have a group of them.

Then when 4 of them are showing female and the others are still showing nothing.. its a good indicator they are going to be males. If they are the same strain anyways..

On yours, once you start seeing pistils, you will see many of them. Maybe 4-10 of them in places on the plant, so its not that hard to know female at that point.

Isuzumafia

Isuzumafia

@ShroomKing @miko @happy b @DrFever rhanks for the input guys really appreciate it. Today I found this. Looks like female calyx.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
She looks very nice and happy!
You can do yourself a favor and trim out all of her lower growth up to the V, but leave her fan leaves.
That focuses her growth up there where the light is, give you dense top buds and avoid the larf that will grow down in that shade.
It's a wise practice for single overheard light setup.

Peace

Isuzumafia

Isuzumafia

I agree w shroomking. I trim all the bottom stuff off to give the tops more flower power.
She looks very nice and happy!
You can do yourself a favor and trim out all of her lower growth up to the V, but leave her fan leaves.
That focuses her growth up there where the light is, give you dense top buds and avoid the larf that will grow down in that shade.
It's a wise practice for single overheard light setup.

Peace
I am currently in 12/12 so I was scared to prune my plant so I did a little today and I'm gonna finish cutting the rest tomorrow. Thinking about trying to get some clones out of it too! And just to make sure. When you say trim you mean the internodes right? Or do I just leave bare stem up until about 1/4 from the bottom?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I am currently in 12/12 so I was scared to prune my plant so I did a little today and I'm gonna finish cutting the rest tomorrow. Thinking about trying to get some clones out of it too! And just to make sure. When you say trim you mean the internodes right?
Yes the internodes down low. And yes! Those branches down low can be clones.

But even though I'm recommending some pruning, personally I try to have all trimming and pruning done 1 week prior to the flip, to avoid any unneeded stress.

Hope the best.
Peace

miko

miko

But once you start 12/12 clones are messed up and end up with 3 star leaves and such. They still work but seamaiden told me they take an extra 6 weeks to get back on track and I have done it myself thinking 'its only a few days into 12/12, I can just take some cuts instead of throwimg them away"... Then I saw some odd shit... :)

Isuzumafia

Isuzumafia

But once you start 12/12 clones are messed up and end up with 3 star leaves and such. They still work but seamaiden told me they take an extra 6 weeks to get back on track and I have done it myself thinking 'its only a few days into 12/12, I can just take some cuts instead of throwimg them away"... Then I saw some odd shit... :)
Meh might as well try it out I have nothing to lose and besides I'd like to see some odd shit. Weird shit interests me haha

miko

miko

yeah, cloned after flowering works fine, but creates a confused VEG/Flowering plant. Just takes 6-8 weeks of solid VEG to get its shit figured out. Now, if you know the final product is awesome, then worth taking the cuts and waiting it out.

Here are some samples from recently.
This group was flipped just 3 days ago and already many are showing female...
Not to say there wont be more females show up, but the longer they go, the less hopeful I become that they are female. They also in my experience have a tendency to be hermies if they take a long time to show. This is mostly because I am gambling with seeds from my own fucked up prior runs. :)

Pictures below - magic bud crossed with who knows what.

Isuzumafia

Isuzumafia

yeah, cloned after flowering works fine, but creates a confused VEG/Flowering plant. Just takes 6-8 weeks of solid VEG to get its shit figured out. Now, if you know the final product is awesome, then worth taking the cuts and waiting it out.

Here are some samples from recently.
This group was flipped just 3 days ago and already many are showing female...
Not to say there wont be more females show up, but the longer they go, the less hopeful I become that they are female. They also in my experience have a tendency to be hermies if they take a long time to show. This is mostly because I am gambling with seeds from my own fucked up prior runs. :)

Pictures below - magic bud crossed with who knows what.

View attachment 541491 View attachment 541492 View attachment 541493
Sounds fucking awesome I bet it smoked awesome too! Magical high haha here's an update to the pruning/trimming. So scary cutting so many leaves but here it is. Got some clones too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom