Shaded's Corner - SF4000 & SE3000

• Thread starter Shaded_One
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
unknowntheknown

unknowntheknown

Saw you reply to my thread about watering and so I stopped by and read through your grow and love the style that you are using and subbed to the thread. Reminds me of KISS method ( keep it simple stupid ). My father has expressed interest in growing a couple plants for personal use and just for the experience of doing it. I think I'd recommend something similar to what you've got going here for his first few runs as he'd just need to keep up with top dressing, pH, and watering. Feels to me like it eliminates a lot of variables for the first time grower and doesn't sacrifice the quality or quantity.

Loved the input from PrimoClonesCanada about size of plant to top dress windows into flower as well. I have also heard some great things about Blumats for organic soils since those soils appear to nutrient cycle best when constantly moist.

Drool! That's a awesome looking plant you had there ^^. Don't know why but I love plants with this type of structure to them.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Ooooh a movie! Lemme grab some popcorn! 🍿
[munch munch munch]

Oh that tent is going to fill out so nicely with those! Awesome.
Why so low on the humidity, Shaded?

Canada 😂 dry as hell here! The humidity tends to catch up to 55~ as the plants grow a bit bigger. I'm sure if or when I find a way to maintain optimal humidity throughout the whole cycle I'll be even happier with the end results. My attempts so far have been futile. My exhaust fans need to be a certain speed to maintain the proper temps which practically makes adding a humidifier do nothing. I can't close my windows in the house either because I need to be venting the hot air outside. I really am not in an ideal situation right now @Heywood but then again I did not intend to be growing in my spare bedroom either haha. I'll probably slowly turn this spare bedroom into a dedicated grow space as the years go on and as I can afford.

Saw you reply to my thread about watering and so I stopped by and read through your grow and love the style that you are using and subbed to the thread. Reminds me of KISS method ( keep it simple stupid ). My father has expressed interest in growing a couple plants for personal use and just for the experience of doing it. I think I'd recommend something similar to what you've got going here for his first few runs as he'd just need to keep up with top dressing, pH, and watering. Feels to me like it eliminates a lot of variables for the first time grower and doesn't sacrifice the quality or quantity.

Loved the input from PrimoClonesCanada about size of plant to top dress windows into flower as well. I have also heard some great things about Blumats for organic soils since those soils appear to nutrient cycle best when constantly moist.

Drool! That's a awesome looking plant you had there ^^. Don't know why but I love plants with this type of structure to them.

I don't even pH my water either so that's one less step! (probably wouldn't hurt but not necessary with BX/organics as the medium should self buffer). Top dress every couple of weeks, water every couple of days. It's the definition of stupid simple - there is a bit of a learning curve with the amounts to give and how often to top dress. And thank you I really loved how those plants grew. I did not do any topping on them at all which goes against conventional advice for indoor grows but honestly I was very happy with the yield off of 3 plants that had 0 training.

unknowntheknown

unknowntheknown

I did not do any topping on them at all which goes against conventional advice for indoor grows but honestly I was very happy with the yield off of 3 plants that had 0 training.

I figured that you topped it once or twice to get that number of colas. That makes me like the plant even more that it just did that naturally. That was the Island Sweet Skunk then as I think I recall you mentioning you topped the Blue Cheese?

Where I am my humidity is super low as well. Mine was less than 20% before I busted out my humidifier for my makeshift veg closet. The only way that I can think to setup mine would be to humidify the space outside the room where I am pulling fresh air from or just run the humidifier all the time like you stated.

Last edited:
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I figured that you topped it once or twice to get that number of colas. That makes me like the plant even more that it just did that naturally. That was the Island Sweet Skunk then as I think I recall you mentioning you topped the Blue Cheese?

Where I am my humidity is super low as well. Mine was less than 20% before I busted out my humidifier for my makeshift veg closet. The only way that I can think to setup mine would be to humidify the space outside the room where I am pulling fresh air from or just run the humidifier all the time like you stated.

None of the Blue Cheese was topped(tent grow)! I did top the Critical Magic & Island Sweet Skunk plants(closet grow). Having a completely sealed room with A/C and humidity control would be ideal but for now just have to make due with what I have.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

1/3 of the Blue Cheese was topped (one was growing WAY faster than the others, but that pic you linked was not topped)

IMG 2413

Uncle @Heywood they are doing much better with the RH now that they're in 5 gallon pots

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Those are looking nice and healthy😄
What happened to the twinkle tarts?
Are they in your closet?

Last edited:
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Update on the closet grow now that all of them have been dried and weighed.

Final Weight: 639g (311g Critical Magic, 328g Island Sweet Skunk)
Lights Used: 300w + 100w = 400w total
Yield: 1.6g/w

My friends and I love the Critical Magic so much that I found and ordered some more seeds & got a few other strains that I would like to try out after this run of clones from @PrimoClonesCanada

All from Next Generation Seeds.

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
1.6 gpw that's great!!!
Congrats on a nice grow.
Can't wait to see how the clones turn out in your garden

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

1.6 gpw that's great!!!
Congrats on a nice grow.
Can't wait to see how the clones turn out in your garden

Man let me tell you...those closet plants were something else. And the humidity in there was like 25% the entire grow it makes 0 sense. I am very tempted to kick the Doho & SD into flower this weekend, they are taking off nicely!

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Glad they are doing well😁. I'm stoked to see them in your flower room.

The driver has a decent stretch but the doho not so much, you might have to put the dohos on something to even out canopy. That's what I usually have to do with them.

Also FYI about the twinkle tarts, they have that leaf up curl and also get leaf varigation when it's not in peak form. But at goes away when nutrition is on point.
I got a pic of a leaf to show you. Like I did the leaf varigation goes away when nutrition is on point.
20220612 124507

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you see it,
The marshmallow og also has the leaf varigation like its Chemdog D parent.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Glad they are doing well😁. I'm stoked to see them in your flower room.

The driver has a decent stretch but the doho not so much, you might have to put the dohos on something to even out canopy. That's what I usually have to do with them.

Also FYI about the twinkle tarts, they have that leaf up curl and also get leaf varigation when it's not in peak form. But at goes away when nutrition is on point.
I got a pic of a leaf to show you. Like I did the leaf varigation goes away when nutrition is on point.
View attachment 1254087
Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you see it,
The marshmallow og also has the leaf varigation like its Chemdog D parent.
Good to know! The TT are doing really well actually they were just lagging a bit behind the others. No leaf issues at all on the TT and the Doho hasn't been topped yet, so I've just kept the SD in check with topping to make sure they grow at the same height. I know you said to cut back on the Doho nutrients but I went full blast and haven't seen any clawing or anything alarming yet

One of the SD is growing literally sideways. I've never seen a plant branch like this 😂

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Good to know! The TT are doing really well actually they were just lagging a bit behind the others. No leaf issues at all on the TT and the Doho hasn't been topped yet, so I've just kept the SD in check with topping to make sure they grow at the same height. I know you said to cut back on the Doho nutrients but I went full blast and haven't seen any clawing or anything alarming yet

One of the SD is growing literally sideways. I've never seen a plant branch like this 😂
Nice to hear everything is looking good!!
Ya that driver sure grows weird in veg, would probably do well with last and a Scrog. I've never gotten huge buds from it but they are a decent size with good density and frost.
Take that doho to the limits and see what she can do😁 maybe it's just my soil it doesn't like...lol

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
View attachment 1254177

TT still in 1 gallon pots. They will get a larger home this weekend.
Those are looking really nice, they have really bounced back!!! Amazing job!!

Meaning to ask you, do you or your friends have a rosin press?
Cause you have to press some of the tarts, the rosin smells soooooo delicious.
If you guys don't have one just try a few buds with a hair straightener

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Those are looking really nice, they have really bounced back!!! Amazing job!!

Meaning to ask you, do you or your friends have a rosin press?
Cause you have to press some of the tarts, the rosin smells soooooo delicious.
If you guys don't have one just try a few buds with a hair straightener

No rosin press yet, and @steamroller lives too far away to borrow his :( I'll keep that in mind for sure! Haha thank you yes they are all doing much better now. That first week or two was pretty rough :) All the girls are showing maturity and got calyx's forming already. I could kick in to flower at any point now but I think I'll veg out for a few more weeks depending on how tall they continue to grow.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

@PrimoClonesCanada good thing I kicked these into flower when I did...😲 the plants are around 4' tall and my ratchets for my lights are at the roof. Lights on 100% intensity @ about 10-14" from canopy. I am hoping the stretch is over - some of the readings almost made me shit myself lol

IMG 2495

IMG 2492

Tallest cola(s) in the tent are getting 85k LUX 😂

IMG 2496

One of the main colas on the SD is looking to turn into a 10" chonker based on the bud sites I am seeing

IMG 2497

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Haha...I'm loving it. I find they stretch for 3 weeks usually. How many weeks you at?

I don't measure lux but I've had some of the SD tops at around 1000 ppfd and they handled it pretty good, did end up with a bunch of foxtailing though.

Hell ya those are looking beastly!!!! Definitely looks like your going to have some bigger buds then I usually get😁😁
I've never had a bud longer than maybe 6 inches with the SD.
I hope you get a 10 incher, it's nice and dense too should tip the scale😉

Think I'm more excited about how these are going to turn out than you😆

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Haha...I'm loving it. I find they stretch for 3 weeks usually. How many weeks you at?

I don't measure lux but I've had some of the SD tops at around 1000 ppfd and they handled it pretty good, did end up with a bunch of foxtailing though.

Hell ya those are looking beastly!!!! Definitely looks like your going to have some bigger buds then I usually get😁😁
I've never had a bud longer than maybe 6 inches with the SD.
I hope you get a 10 incher, it's nice and dense too should tip the scale😉

Think I'm more excited about how these are going to turn out than you😆

I think about week 2.5? I haven't been the greatest on tracking the days this run lol. Mannn that cola is sitting in 1500umol! I'll have to keep a really close eye as the days go by. That one SD has two main colas with a few other side branches but a lot of energy are going to be going into those two spots I'm hoping they fill out nicely 🤞🏼

Haha I'm pretty excited too! they were giving off a strong scent in veg, have already started to get pretty stinky early in flower and i can see the trichomes starting on sugar leaves.

Top Bottom