Shaded's Corner - SF4000 & SE3000

• Thread starter Shaded_One
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
I'm pretty happy with the results so far! Hope to get a decent pull from this run. Made the mistake of not giving enough food but hey that's one of the cons with using organic dry nutrients. There is no easy quick daily adjustment you can make it's like baking a cake. Once that fucker is in the oven you better hope the recipe was correct 🤣
One of the reasons I top dress more often, try to offset any incoming deficiencies.

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Depending on plant size in relation to pot size I either top dress as soon as I put in flower if it's a big plant and I think there's not much left in the pot to keep it healthy.
Then every week or two after until week 6ish depending on how long it goes, and I re use my soil so whatever doesn't get used this round will be available next cycle, so I'm not wasting any of my nutrients.
If they are just put into a pot recently or aren't that big a plant relative to pot size then I start my top dressings at week 2.
This has worked really well for me, last grow I got lazy and didn't top dress my bigger plants when I first put them in flower when I knew I should (was just being lazy) and they got fairly yellow, if I had just started top dressing at the start they would have been green the whole way.

They still yielded pretty good but would have done better if I top dressed earlier
Here's a pic you can see the 2 in the back left and center are pretty yellow, everything else is super green n healthy.
20220106 230327

Moral of the story top dress sooner than later😁
Actually now that I think about it, heard a podcast with Jeremy from build a soil saying you should top dress as early as possible even if your plant doesn't need it yet. I think he said It helps get your roots used to the top dress and your roots will know where to find the nutrients when it needs them. Was a long time ago so can't remember exactly what he said, was something like that.

Happy Growing

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Depending on plant size in relation to pot size I either top dress as soon as I put in flower if it's a big plant and I think there's not much left in the pot to keep it healthy.
Then every week or two after until week 6ish depending on how long it goes, and I re use my soil so whatever doesn't get used this round will be available next cycle, so I'm not wasting any of my nutrients.
If they are just put into a pot recently or aren't that big a plant relative to pot size then I start my top dressings at week 2.
This has worked really well for me, last grow I got lazy and didn't top dress my bigger plants when I first put them in flower when I knew I should (was just being lazy) and they got fairly yellow, if I had just started top dressing at the start they would have been green the whole way.

They still yielded pretty good but would have done better if I top dressed earlier
Here's a pic you can see the 2 in the back left and center are pretty yellow, everything else is super green n healthy.
View attachment 1238436

Moral of the story top dress sooner than later😁
Actually now that I think about it, heard a podcast with Jeremy from build a soil saying you should top dress as early as possible even if your plant doesn't need it yet. I think he said It helps get your roots used to the top dress and your roots will know where to find the nutrients when it needs them. Was a long time ago so can't remember exactly what he said, was something like that.

Happy Growing

Pretty much just described the issues I was having this grow. It's my first time using Gaia and I was way more reserved than I needed to be and experienced yellowing etc. much like yourself. I was doing fine all through veg but the second that week 2 of flower hit that's when I could see leaves starting to get impacted. Definitely have learned to be more proactive with the top dressing! Next time around I'm going to be giving a nice 50/50 top dress the week before I kick them into flower and then will keep on top of that every couple of weeks.

On a side note I might look into ordering some of your clones for a grow this year.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Well....it's that time. Could have let them go a bit longer but I just want to get the next run on the go. Will update later tonight when everything is hanging!

IMG 2269

1 down 2 to go :)

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Nice haul!!!
That's about what I got with my first run with led, I think I got 1.24 gpw
What you got for your next run?

Yep I'm definitely happy with that! More than what I expected with all the new variables.

I'm currently debating that right now, and your clones are an option that's in the mix. Where are they sent from and how are they packaged? I am concerned about the potential for damage etc

steamroller

steamroller

Thank you sir! Nothing compared to your massive operation but I humbly do what I can 😁
My massive operation is just one guy who sometimes gets carried away, usually in good way ?
It is only the benefit of space to do what I do that separates . Quality comes from passion, knowledge and genetics probably not in that order. More doesn't always indicate better .
I like your style and knowledge of the plant . You got it going for sure [good to humble though !] 👍

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

My massive operation is just one guy who sometimes gets carried away, usually in good way ?
It is only the benefit of space to do what I do that separates . Quality comes from passion, knowledge and genetics probably not in that order. More doesn't always indicate better .
I like your style and knowledge of the plant . You got it going for sure [good to humble though !] 👍

Ain't that the truth! I've seen some scary posts on forums like these from "master growers" with some horrific looking plant problems in some very expensive looking operations. I could easily see myself getting carried away like you if jailtime wasn't a real possibility haha

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

And what do you know just like that we're off and running! 🐎 thanks to @PrimoClonesCanada for getting some clones shipped out to me like he's running Amazon Prime delivery. He sent me over a few of his cuts:

IMG 2328

Getting some more soil mixed up and getting these girls planted - Promix BX, perlite, EWC

IMG 2341

Some of the lineup being used this veg period: GG All Purpose Blend, GG Rock Dust Blend, GG Gypsum in a 4:2:1 ratio and then sprinkled with a generous amount of mycorrhizae into the soil and also on the root mass. Going into 1gal fabric pots right now before their final 5gal house.

IMG 2337

IMG 2338

IMG 2342

See yall in a couple weeks!! 😎

Lights: Spider Farmer SF4000 & BloomPlus XP1500 @ 20% intensity and hanging at 4.5'

Top Bottom