shads first grow femm DP blueberry

• Thread starter shadrack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

ProGroWannabe

Looks like a damn-fine harvest to me shadrack!

Hehe....question is, do ya feel like a grower now? lol

S

shadrack

thanks guys - yeah feels great man - just hoping starts to taste a little better - just dampness i think

G

Ganjalover

thanks guys - yeah feels great man - just hoping starts to taste a little better - just dampness i think
Are they still in the cardboard box? you should hang them in your grow box with all fans on

S

shadrack

cheers ganjalover - the temps are too cold to just hang in persy box (because of where i have it), yes stil in cardboard box at the mo

S

shadrack

hello guys - when i put it in a air tight jar after a while it starts to smell funny (almost losses all blueberry smell) - any helps guys - starting to do my head in - 2 weeks and still not had a nice tasting big fella :sad0123:
i feel like im doing something wrong - any suggestions

40AmpstoFreedom

You are not burping your jars one-two times a day or you tried to cure them too quick before they were completely dry and now mold/fungus growth is making them smell funky.

As long as you don't see the mold or fungus don't worry, but keep them dry and burp those jars 1-2 times a day for a couple of minutes. You need to make sure they are 100% dry when you try to cure them or they can lose their smell or grow mold/fungus.

40AmpstoFreedom

No problem I never realized how important curing is until I made the same mistakes I mentioned in the thread with my first grow. Hell I lost a half ounce of the most primo buds I picked out completely covered in mold =(

It's annoying burping friggin 60+ jars a day but better than losing them. I honestly want to move ot gallon plastic bags this next time lol

G

Ganjalover

Hey shadrack
I know this a bit late but for future grows try hanging them up like this after a good trim and with all fans on and a bit of warmth, and after about 4-5 days the nuggets should feel crispy.
When crispy cut them off the sticks and put in sealable/evidence bag to sweat out for 24hrs. After 24hrs take nuggets out of bag lay out to crisp up again and then they will be ready.
It shouldn't take more than seven days from chop to first toke.

100 5502 Small
S

shadrack

thanks ganja / ripz - already smelling less shity - looking / feeling much better - would say the smell is not back to normal but deff less crappy - left them on newspaper in cardboard box - over night at room temp - deff drying just hope that when dry if jarred it comes back -
wishful but i have to be - if i handle buds the smell starts to come back slightly

Thanks for all your help guys

A

Abyss

very good read!!! i was crossing my fingers for a rebound the whole time

so how much weight did you get off those two badboys?

S

shadrack

hello abyss - thanks for stopping by, im not too sure yet - have smoked quite a bit prob half oz or so :afroweed:- i think its got to be a good 2 - 3 oz off each about 4 - 6 oz in total - when ive sorted it out ill get some pics on chaps

S

shadrack

hello chaps - its all in the jars - stems snapping nicely - smell was pretty much nothing when i put in this morn - has started to smell a bit better already :banana: dont get me wrong nowhere near what should be but none the less an improvement :rasta:

S

shadrack

thanks ripz - i have some of that canna flush stuff, but got confused reading instructions - i think i may use this for seven days then maybe just water for last 7 - what you think - deff will be 14 day though - was probably a bit impatient this time - ripz you been a great help fella - big up ya :banana:

A

andytoker

interesting read - i did some dp blueberry last summer and have loved it - grew it organically and found it an easy plant to grow.

the smell gets better as you cure- even the glass jars wont keep out the smell now - i can smell it in my room.
nice smoke too - calm euphoria, very clear, quality - but not the strongest weed ever.
i kept a mum of mine :)

S

shadrack

hello guys - sorry been away and a bit busy - didnt save it guys was all a load of rubbish - never smelt or tasted anything like it should have - didnt even get one nice biffta out the lot - no stone to it what so ever - i well fecked the lot up - well onwards and upwards eh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom