shads first grow femm DP blueberry

• Thread starter shadrack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shadrack

hello a quick update its been just over five week from germination and all is looking good, on the look out for some pre flowers. Gona put into flowering in a week or two - about 12 inch tall and growing fast. still hand watering about every four days - the G13 lab powerskunk not growing anywhere near as fast as the dutch passion fem bb - still growing though :cool

S

shadrack

hi guys - sorry no updates not had the time at mo (x mass shit), been in flower for 2 days now was looking well, showing female preflower loads of em:yes then i have started to notice these black/brown spotting on some leaves (just appearing randomly) they appear as what seems like a yellow patch then a darkbrown / black spott, that seams to be getting bigger. had a look on the plant prob guides and no deff's looks quite like this, cant find it anywhere

- just watered with ph'd water last time with 10% run off to see if it would help flush any build ups out and doesnt seem to have helped.

wondered if i may not be giving enough feed, about 18 inch (roughly 7 weeks vegging 2 days flowering) and im on 10ml A & B per gal canna, feeding 2ltrs mixed in 15ltr pots about every 3/4 days
sorry cant post picks my camera is shit i am getting a new one soon - just the cost at the mo!

Anyone help? please

P

ProGroWannabe

The two most common causes of leaf spotting are pH and bugs.

1. What pH has your nute mix been?

2. Check the undersides of all the fan leaves that show this for insects. Mainly spidermites. They are very very small, so you'll have to be very thorough in your inspection.

Let us know what you find.

S

shadrack

hi progro - ph of nute mix been about 5.8 - 6.0 - i reckoned to have looked for mites cant see anything - pretty sure that its not mites - looked at them on forums and doesnt fit - they are really quite strange almost looks like it has been burnt with a magnifying glass tiny black dots that spreads out and goes kinda dry - doesnt look like nute burn - will check my ph meter tomorrow and have another look for mites - doing my head in

P

ProGroWannabe

Yeah I bet it is doing your head in. So the spots are black, not a yellowish-brown color? Or am I misunderstanding ya?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Have you checked the ph of the run off? Could be poor buffering causing wacky ph and early lock out. Get some pics up.

S

shadrack

progro yeah the spots start has like minute black pinpricks ( dont look like regular brown spotting to me) maybe im wrong though, i am newbie:mmm

they need watering / feeding today - should i just water or go back to feeding - was just water last feed.

another strange thing is i have two others growing (free seeds from attitude) - and they arnt showing the spotts
- which is what was leading me away from the bad ph / buffering and mites
will also check the run off today
will try to get a pick today - probably shit quality though - do my best

ConceptOfSleep

ConceptOfSleep

hi guys - sorry no updates not had the time at mo (x mass shit), been in flower for 2 days now was looking well, showing female preflower loads of em:yes then i have started to notice these black/brown spotting on some leaves (just appearing randomly) they appear as what seems like a yellow patch then a darkbrown / black spott, that seams to be getting bigger. had a look on the plant prob guides and no deff's looks quite like this, cant find it anywhere

- just watered with ph'd water last time with 10% run off to see if it would help flush any build ups out and doesnt seem to have helped.

wondered if i may not be giving enough feed, about 18 inch (roughly 7 weeks vegging 2 days flowering) and im on 10ml A & B per gal canna, feeding 2ltrs mixed in 15ltr pots about every 3/4 days
sorry cant post picks my camera is shit i am getting a new one soon - just the cost at the mo!

Anyone help? please

Hey Shadrack

Im new to Coco growing as well, but have found it a breeze so far (except for the Mite attacks :headbang)

However one thing I have learned is that you should be feeding the plants every day or every other day at the latest. Perhaps because you are waiting 3 or 4 days between feedings those plants are experiencing some deficiencies. The other ones may not be showing it becuase perhaps they are much lighter feeders.... I cant be positive about this, but it also would explain why your flush with plain water didn't seem to help at all.

I have a quick question though... How large are these black spots? I ask because I have noticed many many little tiny black spots on my lower leaves when I was not feeding strong or often enough. However this only happened after the whole leaf would begin to loose some of its dark green color and begin to yellow. The leaves would never recover, but when it showed up all the signs (yellowing leaves, necrosis, and leaves dying/falling) pointed to deficiencies caused by underfeeding.

I use GeneralHydro nutes, so I am not familiar with the Canna nutrient ratios, but I would say stick with Zoo's formula, but feed more often and you may find your plants picking back up. Everything else seems to be spot on except the frequency of your feedings... your temps are optimal, you are using good coco and good nutes, you say your pH is around 6.0 (I prefer 5.8 myself) and you give 10% runoff. Everything seems right on track bro!

Hope that any of this info helps, and I hope your lady gets healthy. If you can get any pics of the ladies it might help us to diagnose them better, not to mention I wouldn't mind seeing them mature:D

Be Well
:cool

S

shadrack

im on to the picies - just got new camera, gona go and do tha feeding and try to take pics.

S

shadrack

fed them today and took some pics, took the plants out as lights finished and had a good look the spots are brown on yellowing leaves, checked my ph meter and wasnt great ordered new ph pen, fed and manual ph tested - i think its been quite low about 5.0ish, shity ph meter:headbang.
since just watering the other day seem to have gone a lot paler / lighter / yellower yet new growth seems great

pictures arnt great just sussing camera out

DSCF0054
DSCF0062
DSCF0061
DSCF0064
P

ProGroWannabe

I would have to say from the pics that your seeing a classic symptom of pH induced Nitrogen Lockout. And as you suspect already, I'd bet that the pH has been too low, not too high. How many days will you have to wait before the new meter shows up?

S

shadrack

probably come tue / wed i have some of the manual ph test kits - put a drop in 1ml of feed solution - ill have to use this till then - at least i will know that its at around 6ish and not too much lower - well see how the feed has gone today in the morn
your right the ph was too low - i made a mix up and tested with the shity ph meter got it to just below 6 - took 1ml of mixed solution and manually tested and it looked as if it could have been as low as 4.5
bit gutted but fingers crossed they pick up

S

shadrack

progro - im a bit worried that when i watered with just water, that the ph would have been low.
i fed yesterday with good ph and nutes - will the plant take in these nutes or would i need to flush before nute intake resumes.
dont look to have improved much overnite :headbang

P

ProGroWannabe

That depends on the pH of the soil itself. Normally I'd recommend that you do a runoff test to see what your soil's pH is, but ya need an accurate way to measure pH to accomplish the desired result. Since your waiting on a pH pen now, I'd say to feed them again this next round and just do your best to get the pH right with the liquid test kit that you have.

Are you using tap water or RO? if using tap water, your plain water pH should have been somewhere near 7. That's pretty close to where you wanna be anyhow, so I really don't think it would have been low. If anything, it might have been a bit high. RO may be another matter though.

Also, the plants didn't get this way in a day or two, so it's gonna take em a bit to start showing you signs of recovery. You haven't lost them yet, so just be patient.:yes

S

shadrack

progro im using tap water that has stood for 48 hrs, thanks man for your input

P

ProGroWannabe

Anytime....I just hope something I've said can be put to use, that's all. ;)

S

shadrack

quick update - i have had a look at them tonight and they seem to have a bit more life about them look healthier. Lets hope were getting there.

P

ProGroWannabe

quick update - i have had a look at them tonight and they seem to have a bit more life about them look healthier. Lets hope were getting there.

Good deal Shadrack!

When is that pH pen/meter suppose to be delivered.

S

shadrack

ph pen hopefully tomorrow (tue) - they look like they have been given new life - looking much better - checked the weight and felt as if possibly ready for another feed (2 days since last feed - normally 3 - 4 days)
i gave them one - they didnt take as much b4 run off (normally take 1.7ltr each 10% r o - took 1.1ltr 10% r o).
progro do you think i should be leaving it 2 or 3 days.

2 days 1.1ltr 10% run off
3 days 1.7ltr 10% run off

can see the yellowing leaves turning back green, looking vibrant - hope it continues

Top Bottom