Shooting for a 3lb + wifi, Getto"s new 6 planter

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lustful joyz

lustful joyz

shiiiit bro ur plants r amazing! i cant imagine how hard it would have been 2 build that setup. damned pro bro!

G

gettogro

Thanks all :)

Things are moving along nicely. I had some trouble with my minisplit getting a false temp reading. It would shut off before reaching the set temp. I had to remove the temp sensor from the evaporator coil and place it outside the housing to get it to read an accurate room temp. I also ditched the digital timers for some mechanical ones. Digital ones look cool but the mechanical ones are much easier to use. I added a high temp sensor to shut off the 600's if the temp goes above 90 degrees. When I had trouble with the minisplit it got close to 100 in there, no good :(. Keeping the RH up has been a challenge, I have 3 humidifiers in there and it barely keeps it at 60 with the lights on. Ill have to address that issue before the next gro.
This setup is a good 30 min drive from my house. I am really interested in the grobot. I am about to pull the trigger. Might see that in here soon...

Snapped some lights off pics today

SANY0001
SANY0002
SANY0003
SANY0004
SANY0006

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

Incredible setup getto, I really dig it...
i'll be watching, can't wait to see your progress

Krasi

Krasi

Just amazing vegging man, i`m still impressed by vertical growing, very nic.

iCultivate

iCultivate

Man, impressive growth and excellent setup. Think it pretty likely you'll achieve you're goal of 3lb+.

-- iCultivate --

G

gettogro

Thanks for that link cap.. I would love to get one of those for the next run. I have heard of people cracking bulbs with foggers. Do you have any trouble with that?

Looks like a little heat damage, but i think they will bounce back nicely. Compared to my 2.3lb plant from my other room. I think i have a really good chance of hitting a three pounder. next run I think I will veg a little longer as there is still plenty of room to grow up'. I am really loving 70" centers. The combo of the mh and hps seems to be a great. I would much rather do it this way than the dual spectrum bulbs :). They didnt stretch as much in this room closer day night temps and the dual spectrum probably helped that. I think im going to change out all the MH 600's for HPS for the last 3 weeks. I really want to add 6 more overhead horizontal 600's over each plant. They are about 56x56 now about day 17..
IMG 1009
IMG 1010
IMG 1011
IMG 1012
IMG 1013

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Yeah bro no probs with the light bulbs. I have it piped up to the ceiling and the fog drops down in the middle. There are so many fans that it gets dispersed very quickly, and before the mist can hit the bulb it is fully evaporated.

An overhead bare bulb in an umbrella reflector would be awesome in there, or a dual bulb 600 growzilla refelctor (I have been eyeing these since TK talked about them on one of his threads)....

Look at all those roots!

How long did your build out take? I am thinking of moving to a bigger spot. Gonna run the same layout but different bucket system. Most likely DTW>

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You still have a few more days of stretch... may not need to veg much longer than you think with the wifi. .

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
did you just use washers and screws to attach the insulation board to the studs? also did you anchor your studs to the floor with conrete nails or redheads?

G

gettogro

did you just use washers and screws to attach the insulation board to the studs? also did you anchor your studs to the floor with conrete nails or redheads?

Thanks guys,

Cap I just used fender washers and drywall screws to secure the 1" foam boards to the studs and sealed it up with aluminum tape. Nothing to the concrete. Sorry to see about your stem rot in your grow. I am not a fan of 24/7 top feed after veg stage. I had trouble with that in krusty buckets back in the day. After veg I would stuff the top feed line 6 inches below the stem. I have to say that the diy uc's are the way to go. Only one pump, not much to go wrong other than the slime. After using ewc tea in my last 4 grows I wont look back... Good luck on your new spot which ever way you choose to go :)

dankworth

dankworth

Hey! I know who you are!
You're the lead singer of Survivor!
Fuckin' love that song!

mack 10

mack 10

Super fat Wi fi's bro! i think you will hit 3 or be dam close, mack.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks guys,

Cap I just used fender washers and drywall screws to secure the 1" foam boards to the studs and sealed it up with aluminum tape. Nothing to the concrete. Sorry to see about your stem rot in your grow. I am not a fan of 24/7 top feed after veg stage. I had trouble with that in krusty buckets back in the day. After veg I would stuff the top feed line 6 inches below the stem. I have to say that the diy uc's are the way to go. Only one pump, not much to go wrong other than the slime. After using ewc tea in my last 4 grows I wont look back... Good luck on your new spot which ever way you choose to go :)

Yeah that stem rot is a bitch. Hopefully wont happen again. I moved the top drip away from the cubes, which I will not use again. Next time I will be using an ez cloner to pop roots and then going straight to perlite. I am not a fan of mixed media.

vaporedout

vaporedout

dang.... those are some beasts!! gonna be awesome once they start bulking up!

iCultivate

iCultivate

FAT plants bro! Phat in fact.

Rooting for you pulling a 3 pounder bro.

-- iCultivate --

Top Bottom