Should I add UVB Light?

• Thread starter LaVirtue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Water displacement would probably be the best way imo
Easiest for sure, I'll try it tonight just for giggles if I have time after the TLC and making the video. Just seems like the wrong fluid to me.

Day 10 ~ UV for 2:00

So I feel like I am flooding you with photos and video that probably nobody watches, I just don't want there to be any claims of funny business later.

Day 10 Control
Day 10 control bud

Day 10 Control

Day 10 UV
Day 10 UV Bud

Day 10 UV 1

Day 10 UV 2

I'm curious what you guys think about harvest. You think 4 more days?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Easiest for sure, I'll try it tonight just for giggles if I have time after the TLC and making the video. Just seems like the wrong fluid to me.

So I feel like I am flooding you with photos and video that probably nobody watches, I just don't want there to be any claims of funny business later.

Day 10 Control
View attachment 1111753
View attachment 1111754

Day 10 UV
View attachment 1111757
View attachment 1111755
View attachment 1111756

Never to much data šŸ˜

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Day 10 Control
View attachment 1111753
View attachment 1111754

Day 10 UV
View attachment 1111757
View attachment 1111755
View attachment 1111756

really? Looks like at least 2 weeks to me. Much more of the cannabinoid production takes place after the stage that bud is in. Plenty of white pistols means it is still growing. I wouldnā€™t have even started any ripening process yet.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Organic matter and volume of water is going to be tricky i think. Hence why i suggested a solid. It won't be totally precise but it should be enough to signal a direction one way or the other, which is all the precision we need imo.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

really? Looks like at least 2 weeks to me. Much more of the cannabinoid production takes place after the stage that bud is in. Plenty of white pistols means it is still growing. I wouldnā€™t have even started any ripening process yet.
Well, that's a blanket statement that may be partially valid, but needs more precision. For example, in the paper Milson posted most recently, you can see the cannabinoid production curves and they rise and fall at different times in flower.

It really depends on what you are going for.

I'll probably start harvesting some of the top buds next week and let the light get down to the lower stuff and outside plants, and leave the control and test buds alone along with a few partners for longer. Could be 2 weeks or even longer before we see a decline in THC. We'll let the plants decide.

I guess I am just taking a poll for bragging rights - at what day from today will THC spike?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Organic matter and volume of water is going to be tricky i think. Hence why i suggested a solid. It won't be totally precise but it should be enough to signal a direction one way or the other, which is all the precision we need imo.

you are going to have to go to his lab and squeeze buds. If he does it the results will be skewed. ;-)

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

That was my thought as well. Especially on a very dry bud, water I would think would enter the cells and throw off the volume side of the equation.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That was my thought as well. Especially on a very dry bud, water I would think would enter the cells and throw off the volume side of the equation.
Yeah thats sounds good but I think there needs to be a way to address the internal structure... like pockets or loose buds that will displace more sand than a more compact bud. Without a Weight and displacement I don't think it would be an accurate representation. But also need to be role up for a true representation of displacement

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well, that's a blanket statement that may be partially valid, but needs more precision. For example, in the paper Milson posted most recently, you can see the cannabinoid production curves and they rise and fall at different times in flower.

It really depends on what you are going for.

I'll probably start harvesting some of the top buds next week and let the light get down to the lower stuff and outside plants, and leave the control and test buds alone along with a few partners for longer. Could be 2 weeks or even longer before we see a decline in THC. We'll let the plants decide.

I guess I am just taking a poll for bragging rights - at what day from today will THC spike?

I think it applies 100% of the time after growing about 400 different plants individually in a row.

Most of the test plants are being killed off early from k the plant doesnā€™t use and lack of nitrogen. You can clearly see layers of trichomes form on the plant after the pistils have turned and receded. Only then do I check trichomes. And no early amber if they are still growing healthy as well. I cut down 12 week plants with little or no amber or brown degraded trichs. If I mess up the nutrition or environment the amber always comes sooner.

Everyone seems worried about when to cut. Try worrying about keeping it alive instead is my feeling.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I think it applies 100% of the time after growing about 400 different plants individually in a row.

Most of the test plants are being killed off early from k the plant doesnā€™t use and lack of nitrogen. You can clearly see layers of trichomes form on the plant after the pistils have turned and receded. Only then do I check trichomes. And no early amber if they are still growing healthy as well. I cut down 12 week plants with little or no amber or brown degraded trichs. If I mess up the nutrition or environment the amber always comes sooner.

Everyone seems worried about when to cut. Try worrying about keeping it alive instead is my feeling.
Like I just told you in PM, not everyone is going for the same thing. There are many data points yet to extract.

I see THCV on those plates. If it starts to diminish, I've missed my preferred harvest date. I don't believe you can say one way or another what will happen there even with your 400 plants. Sorry, but that's just forum wisdom to lump all cannabinoids together. I do not deny your skill and experience, just saying mine is different, as are my motivations.

I am not going to harvest the whole plant at the same time. I'll be selectively removing buds over time and continuing the grow until the gal says no more.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Like I just told you in PM, not everyone is going for the same thing. There are many data points yet to extract.

I see THCV on those plates. If it starts to diminish, I've missed my preferred harvest date. I don't believe you can say one way or another what will happen there even with your 400 plants. Sorry, but that's just forum wisdom to lump all cannabinoids together. I do not deny your skill and experience, just saying mine is different, as are my motivations.

I am not going to harvest the whole plant at the same time. I'll be selectively removing buds over time and continuing the grow until the gal says no more.

you are completely missing my point but I hear you.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Was your point that I am killing these plants early? I'm not trying to. I think they are still quite healthy for what they have been thru. As to the nutes - I've posted those along the way asking for feedback and continued feeding sparingly. The environment, other than the UV and the funky plant all splayed out could not be more pinpoint.

I thought you were saying you could predict that this plant will only improve across the board with more time, and that you can accurately predict the peak "something" visually. I think our definition of something might be different tho. But I would love it if you are correct and everything just keeps going up, including minor cannabinoids. My experience says that is not what happens, and the plant will not reach a day where all cannabinoids are in concert and at their peaks. So the when of harvest is important to me, but I do understand your point as well.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Iā€™m sorry for the poor camera angle here. Youā€™d think I would be better at this by now.

This is the part where we test for cannabinoids in sample to compare THC

Moshmen

Moshmen

So what are they charging you for top shelf? Most place Iā€™ve seen sell their 1/8thā€™s for crazy amounts, but once you get into ozā€™s, it become more reasonable. Actually, for anyone reading, what are your dispensaries selling top shelf ozā€™s for? I think Iā€™m selling my buds too cheap. Lol
Crappy black market 150-170 better black market 200-225 - good luck finding top shelf everything comes from ca or co leftovers ? Lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

haha love ya man.

I'm starting to think I am doing this for you and me. I'm OK with that.

Is the science that hard to follow along?
Well yes it can be Iā€™m totally a numbers guy but know nothing about compounds, how chemicals transform or any of the other stuff you guys are way over my head ! Lol doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t read it or care about your results because I do understand the final medical propertyā€™s

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Dude, it may not seem like it, but I honestly have no quarrel with you or your desire for better bud! Seroius! We are on the same team.

I just know I am not going to get where I want to be with guesses and forum "wisdom." Things like this get repeated over and over, and ends up with people like yourself buying lights that have UV, even if it has no real impact, or worse, the wrong one.

I appreciate your participation, and maybe we can all learn something together that will result in better bud for all.
Can't we all just getalongšŸ˜ƒ lol well my friends I run a 270 lep(Light emitting plasma) in the center along with 2 750 flex de Gavita on each end on a light rail 4.0 over a 4x8 living Soil bed and I got to say the uva uvb DEFINITELY increased terpin and oil production! Start of my next run I use led now but upgrading to LEC for veg soon

IMG 20210331 113638

Latest posts

Top Bottom