Should I add UVB Light?

• Thread starter LaVirtue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Indiva710

Indiva710

duh. I missed that one. The supposed Michigan medical dispensaries are why I started growing instead of brokering. Man the store weed here sucked. I had such high hopes.
Samething for here in Colorado too and the medical is the same shit and a sorry of a excuse to call it medical it had seeds in it and they Acted like it was no big deal and sensimillia is supposed to have tiny white herm seeds u can't do shit about except toss or make Eddie's lol

Indiva710

Indiva710

I forgot to mention my replacement dehumidifier arrived. If you remember, the one I had bought last July for $233 started acting funny- the fan would not turn off, even when the compressor shut down. It was still working, but wouldn't have lasted very long. So it came with a 1 year warrant, and I bought an additional year for $18.

I contacted Frigidaire, the new one arrived within a week. The old one still works, but I put the new one in the room and will store the old one for emergencies. Frigidaire stands behind their warranty, and the unit can really suck the moisture out of the air when it's cranked up. On days I water, I can get about 3 gallons of water out of the air, which I add to my water reservoir to water with.

View attachment 1110177
Most likely u just need a new relay or some sensor for it u should be able to fix it pretty cheap and easy and have a spare just make sure u clean and sterilize it and make sure it's fully dry before putting away of course

sshz

sshz

It still works fine, it's just the internal fan keeps running..........I'm guessing at some point it will burn out but for now, it's boxed up for long term storage.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

UVR8 sends chemical messages to the mother plant, so the whole plant is "aware", but does it react? I think it does some and have reason to think so, but I can't prove it.

I'm searching for a way to identify UVR8 activity in roots or the control side of the plant.

At its core, my testing on a single plant like this could be meaningless if branch A gets UV and the entire plant responds, not just branch A.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I say increase it and we watch. Maybe an hour fifteen? Hour Thirty? I'm kind of expecting to want to go back down as a senescence effect increases anyway (and/or we see damage), but maybe not. I very highly doubt any damage will have significant longer term effects if we go back down or have a cloudy day upon damage.
So looks like yours is the only input. I’ll do 1:30 today and see what happens.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm searching for a way to identify UVR8 activity in roots or the control side of the plant.

At its core, my testing on a single plant like this could be meaningless if branch A gets UV and the entire plant responds, not just branch A.
I would say that result would be a crazy interesting result. Yeah, to figure out the effect of uvb on cannabinoids would require another experiment....but evidence of that level of information transport within the plant re: uv exposure would be wild....

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I have 3 Durban Poison clones (took them from a plant in flower, look fugly but healthy and growing fast re-vegging) that I could put in this tent next. If it turns out that the control side of the White Widow plant is the same as the UV side at the end of the test, moving to testing clones could rule this whole plant stimulation thing out. After reading several papers on UVR8 last night, I just don't have the tools to test for this another way unless someone has an idea.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I have 3 Durban Poison clones (took them from a plant in flower, look fugly but healthy and growing fast re-vegging) that I could put in this tent next. If it turns out that the control side of the White Widow plant is the same as the UV side at the end of the test, moving to testing clones could rule this whole plant stimulation thing out. After reading several papers on UVR8 last night, I just don't have the tools to test for this another way unless someone has an idea.
Sounds reasonable. Might be worth doing to see effect on thcva regardless of result here.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Day 8

1:30 of UV exposure today. Plants look unchanged to the grower's eye, however I can no longer see the control bud pin at all. The UV side seems to have stopped adding mass.

Purple Kush looks cool. Think I'll have to throw her on the next TLC plate.

Day 8 Purple Kush and test

Day 8 Control

Day 8 Control

Day 8 UV 1
Day 8 UV 1

Day 8 UV 2
Day 8 UV 2

Purple Kush
IMG 2290

IMG 2291

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'll try to describe what I am seeing from a grower's perspective.

The left half of the tent is different than the right. Not worse unless you want to be picky about the early leaf damage. It seems like the plant has adapted to the new energy source and is just overall dealing with it. But I also think the growth has been stunted.

The right half of the tent feels like a normal harvest under these conditions. I have grown her widow sisters many times, and the right half of the plant seems perfectly typical to me.

I purposefully grew the widow big and sprawled her out like that, to the detriment of the others in the tent. That said, everyone is happy. The only purple is on the left half of the tent. I wish I could get better color video, but I don't want to mess with lighting at all and add an unnecessary variable. When it is harvest time, I'll turn the HPS off and get some proper color video to share.

I think I see a change in trichome density, but I'm not going to guess on that yet.

I feel like going to 2 hours tomorrow would be a good move.

Completely subjectively, I sense that I am losing terpenes. I could be wrong. But that Widow used to be so lemony it was overpowering. Now it's just there. Dunno.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

Samething for here in Colorado too and the medical is the same shit and a sorry of a excuse to call it medical it had seeds in it and they Acted like it was no big deal and sensimillia is supposed to have tiny white herm seeds u can't do shit about except toss or make Eddie's lol

Wow that’s interesting because we live in New England and all the states here have completely different laws. We were so excited before the dispensaries opened but it’s mostly been a big disappointment. The only thing is that the medical patients seem to get the high THC flower, but it’s super expensive like $360 an oz.

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

I’m happy to explain anything. Is it the cannabinoid testing that’s not clear?
Well yes.. I mean would you be able to summarize what you are doing? I was understanding it at first. I know you are using the UV light with some plants and comparing it to a control group and there seems to be all kinds of different time lengths you can do it. But then I got lost. I tried to read some of the scientific papers and then I gave up, even though
I am interested. It’s very technical

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Well yes.. I mean would you be able to summarize what you are doing? I was understanding it at first. I know you are using the UV light with some plants and comparing it to a control group and there seems to be all kinds of different time lengths you can do it. But then I got lost. I tried to read some of the scientific papers and then I gave up, even though
I am interested. It’s very technical
I got you. I’ll wear my GoPro tomorrow and explain it all. It’s not necessary to read the studies to get the just of what we are testing.

Top Bottom