Should I keep putting branches under the scrog? I’m in flower

• Thread starter sevare
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sevare

sevare

Definitely defoliate to help air flow within your canopy and for better light penatration to bud sights and can't really see what's under there but maybe lollipop the bottom plant where light won't reach I'd do all these things since the plant as most prob stop stretching and could focus on those buds rather than foliage
I took a lot of big leaves off

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I took a lot of big leaves off
If you are comfortable with the amount taken off and satisfied with the results then don't take anymore off. I tend to do much more I find its still abit dense for my liking and shadowing some bud sights go on blackdogled.com or there youtube and cheak out there defoliation techniques they explain alot and go in depth

sevare

sevare

Is anyone free to take a look at my plants. Im on day 29 of flower. added a second trellis today and lollipoped some more. I made the mistake of using the big trellis on the bottom and the small on top. I didn’t know there were two different sized trellis. So anyway I just left them like that. Tried to get them 6 inches apart from eachother. Now I’m trying to work my buds through the second one. Is my grow looking good ? I tried separating bud branches. I’m in uncharted territory. Feel like I’m out doing so good.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
that underside cleanup looks fantastic. very nice job. could've gone a little heavier topside too, but you're too deep into flower to go in on one big defoliation event. lookin good otherwise! you're headed towards a great harvest in six to eight weeks.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I always do defoliation day 21 your only a week ahead but I'd still try do a defoliation if you could easily take off the trellis and take each plant out and do a proper job then do it and place your trellis back after or switch it out with the smaller one as you mentioned before I always put 2 one kinda in the canopy as you did and another about 4-6 inches above to support collas when they grow through but if you can't remove trellis and plants just do the best job inplace you want that air circulation within the plants to help the stomata do there job also reduce pests or bud issues

sevare

sevare

i made a mistake last night and accident flipped the switch on my timer . So the lights didn’t go out at the scheduled time at 5am and I didn’t notice till 1pm today. Am I ruined?. Can I just turn the switch back . Or should I leave the lights off for 12 hours to compensate. If I did that it would change the whole cycle.
I always do defoliation day 21 your only a week ahead but I'd still try do a defoliation if you could easily take off the trellis and take each plant out and do a proper job then do it and place your trellis back after or switch it out with the smaller one as you mentioned before I always put 2 one kinda in the canopy as you did and another about 4-6 inches above to support collas when they grow through but if you can't remove trellis and plants just do the best job inplace you want that air circulation within the plants to help the stomata do there job also reduce pests or bud issues
@tobh @Dirtbag

Last edited:
sevare

sevare

So instead of having my lights turn on at 5pm today. I’d have them turn on at 1am today to give the plants 12 hours of darkness and off at 1pm the night day

sevare

sevare

I have to go to work. I was hoping someone would respond to what I should do . I googled around and I decided I’m going to leave my gals in darkness for 12 hours letting the lights turn on at 1am instead of in 2 hours then turn off at 1pm. Hopefully I made the right call. I don’t think I’ll return them to regular schedule 5pm to 5am. I’ll just leave them at the new schedule. 1am on 1pm off

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Ye I'd just let it say in darkness for 1pm to 1am would adjust better to a 12 hour cycle then confused of too much dark or too much light

sevare

sevare

Ye I'd just let it say in darkness for 1pm to 1am would adjust better to a 12 hour cycle then confused of too much dark or too much light
How do I adjust it? When the lights go on at 1am tonight do in return them to 5am off? And 5pm on

tobh

tobh

Supporter
sorry for the delay, just got off work and saw this. you should be fine with what you opted to do. kind of an odd schedule, hopefully it lines up with allowing you to tend to em while they're awake.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

If you went back on so soon after might confuse plants more it's not like a power outage for days how many weeks are you

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Idk your schedule if you work evenings and watering could be done when you get back or just water early morning as long as it's not close to when lights go out

sevare

sevare

Idk your schedule if you work evenings and watering could be done when you get back or just water early morning as long as it's not close to when lights go out
I’d prefer to go back to my normal schedule or a schedule that I can water with it not being so late.
but I’m just nervous about how I messed up. How would I go about going back to normal? Do I let it run 1am to 1pm for today then switch my timer back to 5pm on 5am off tomorrow? If I turn the lights back on tomorrow at 5pm after they go off at 1pm the plants only get 4 hours of darkness then I’m still in the same position no? Am I over thinking this?

sevare

sevare

If I really need to then I’ll just water at 1am from now on until harvest with the new cycle.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Over thinking let nature take its course it's not ideal what happened but gotta move forward just do the 1am 1pm

sevare

sevare

Over thinking let nature take its course it's not ideal what happened but gotta move forward just do the 1am 1pm
yeah will do! Just really unfortunate for that to have happened. I read some stuff online that kinda got me nervous. Stuff about herming and seeds. Hopefully it doesn’t happen to me 🥺. I’d hate for that to happen when I think my grow has been going so so good. Look at these gals

BD353BDC DDA5 4869 9954 D1A0DF84288A
sevare

sevare

sorry for the delay, just got off work and saw this. you should be fine with what you opted to do. kind of an odd schedule, hopefully it lines up with allowing you to tend to em while they're awake.
I’m pretty sure I’m tripping but does some orange hairs this early in flower mean my plant has Hermed due to the light cycle malfunction?

Top Bottom