Should I throw this out

• Thread starter Clyde4210
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I could but not sure what kind of water I should be using? I don't have soft water build up and I have drunk it 14 years. My issue is sometimes the soap is hard to rinse off your body. Once I have meters then I'll know how it's working If I used the spring water, I know it's acidic.
@Dirtbag or @Aqua Man can help you interpret the water report and it will tell you what kind of water you need.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I still feel allowing the rockwool to wick up nutrients by keeping water level at netpot, is far simpler for new hydro growers, especially in live systems where BB combats root rot, not that that applies here.

I for one cannot comprehend the benefit of allowing the roots to go without nutrients/water. Ive asked a few times on here and havnt really gotten the best explanation. I guess my first trial and side by side comparison will have to be this. In my eyes this eliminates the possibility of nutrient uptake issues, so long as the PPMs are low and the PH is in range.

I see people starting out with the 2" or 1" below netpot and im just like smacking my head. Again, im not saying its benefitial, which I doubt it is, im just saying it shouldnt be done for new hydro growers. If the roots can grow in just water, they can grow in rockwool sumberged in water, hell they could grow in a sock submerged. As long as the water is moving and bubbles are popping, that rockwool might oversaturate, but it will keep high enough 02 levels to grow just fine. Hell on this grow I put all the taprooted seeds into the submerged rockwool, just made sure the shell was above the waterline lol. . Luckly the bubbles popping wernt too bad as I was worried about the leafs being misted with nutrient water. Anyways. . .This might not have anything to do with his grow, but in my head, it prolly does.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I use the same nutrients as you. I use to calculate the mix, now I just put in how much I feel it needs. For the first 3 weeks, id just use 2ml calmag, .5ml micro, .5 grow, .5 bloom, 2ml hydroguard, PER GALLON. So if you have a 5 gallon bucket, add 4 gallons of water, which is what I did in dwc, then id add 8ml calmag, 2ml micro, 2ml grow, 2ml bloom, and 8ml hydroguard. . that should be about half your suppliers recommend dose, and it should keep your ppms below 300. Since your not running enzymes or flower additivies, or buffers you will be fine with low ppm. Airstones 24/7 below netpot, and I like ph 5.6 float up to 5.8, lower back to 5.6. . and so on.

quirk

quirk

Move the light further away.. I keep a 500w led 24".. I'd start at 32" see what happens.. cant hurt
Remember this @iffey, his TS 1000 is a true 150W. Set at 20%, his plant is receiving 30W of light. Of course it's going to be stunted. If he goes to 32" at that setting, things are going to keep going downhill. Using that same light at full power and 20," this is an AutoBlueBerryDomina 14 days from sprout. That being said, I'm an organic soil auto grower and know nowt concerning hydro.
If I cannot help a grower, I will not hinder them.

Day 14 from sprout
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I still feel allowing the rockwool to wick up nutrients by keeping water level at netpot, is far simpler for new hydro growers, especially in live systems where BB combats root rot, not that that applies here.

I for one cannot comprehend the benefit of allowing the roots to go without nutrients/water. Ive asked a few times on here and havnt really gotten the best explanation. I guess my first trial and side by side comparison will have to be this. In my eyes this eliminates the possibility of nutrient uptake issues, so long as the PPMs are low and the PH is in range.

I see people starting out with the 2" or 1" below netpot and im just like smacking my head. Again, im not saying its benefitial, which I doubt it is, im just saying it shouldnt be done for new hydro growers. If the roots can grow in just water, they can grow in rockwool sumberged in water, hell they could grow in a sock submerged. As long as the water is moving and bubbles are popping, that rockwool might oversaturate, but it will keep high enough 02 levels to grow just fine. Hell on this grow I put all the taprooted seeds into the submerged rockwool, just made sure the shell was above the waterline lol. . Luckly the bubbles popping wernt too bad as I was worried about the leafs being misted with nutrient water. Anyways. . .This might not have anything to do with his grow, but in my head, it prolly does.
I had it up to about an inch up the net pot. I meant to say I fed it Sunday and that's when I dropped the water because the roots had sprung out in the water Saturday/Sunday. The purpose of dropping it is so there's breathing room for the roots between the net pot and water. I was happy with a the extra water but assumed it must be drowning. At that point it wasn't doing anything and that was a solution to try. It didn't work so I posted here. It improved yesterday then stopped. Only thing it did over night was grow a little but the leaf still looks bad just not as bad as yesterday use the same nutrients as you. I use to calculate the mix, now I just put in how much I feel it needs. For the first 3 weeks, id just use 2ml calmag, .5ml micro, .5 grow, .5 bloom, 2ml hydroguard, PER GALLON. So if you have a 5 gallon bucket, add 4 gallons of water, which is what I did in dwc, then id add 8ml calmag, 2ml micro, 2ml grow, 2ml bloom, and 8ml hydroguard. . that should be about half your suppliers recommend dose, and it should keep your ppms below 300. Since your not running enzymes or flower additivies, or buffers you will be fine with low ppm. Airstones 24/7 below netpot, and I like ph 5.6 float up to 5.8, lower back to 5.6. . and so

I use the same nutrients as you. I use to calculate the mix, now I just put in how much I feel it needs. For the first 3 weeks, id just use 2ml calmag, .5ml micro, .5 grow, .5 bloom, 2ml hydroguard, PER GALLON. So if you have a 5 gallon bucket, add 4 gallons of water, which is what I did in dwc, then id add 8ml calmag, 2ml micro, 2ml grow, 2ml bloom, and 8ml hydroguard. . that should be about half your suppliers recommend dose, and it should keep your ppms below 300. Since your not running enzymes or flower additivies, or buffers you will be fine with low ppm. Airstones 24/7 below netpot, and I like ph 5.6 float up to 5.8, lower back to 5.6. . and so on.
I'll bookmark this. Some have said this plant is a ferocious eater. I've got two 4" stones running. Have a 4 outlet pump that

This plant has been through a lot. Light stress from the blackout blind. Low humidity stress one night, looks like Nute and thirsty stress. I counted it as a seedling and originally went with .5 on the trio and 2ml on Calmag and Hydrogaurd to one gallon. I mixed 3/4 of that two a little over 2 1/4 gallon. I am using a 5 gallon bucket but it only holds a little over 3 gallons with 2" below net pot. I figured till I get meters I'll do a new batch every 7 days. It's easy, it's in a spare bathroom in the tub. Shower curtain is made out of blackout blind. May have to turn it around after the bucket lesson.

I'll bookmark though because I'll have meters soon, by December. I'd like to find a blue lab combo.

Remember this @iffey, his TS 1000 is a true 150W. Set at 20%, his plant is receiving 30W of light. Of course it's going to be stunted. If he goes to 32" at that setting, things are going to keep going downhill. Using that same light at full power and 20," this is an AutoBlueBerryDomina 14 days from sprout. That being said, I'm an organic soil auto grower and know nowt concerning hydro.

I have enough water for another bucket. I'll stop and grab more water this afternoon.

IMG 20211117 044714976 HDR
IMG 20211117 044820175
IMG 20211117 044851048
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Thank you everyone. I've made several adjustments but unsure if it's worth it. This is an auto and every day lost is a loss at the end. Thanks again for the help, plant is looking better. I think I'm going with Bluelab Mongua Guardian Monitor. Any feed back on that model? Any other you may prefer?

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Thought you should know it was more going on with the plant but you are right. I put the water above net pot. I think I got it right this time but we'll see, It was a water issue. Without a drop feed I couldn't stay on top of watering with the water level 1"-2" below net pot. I think if I can grow this way I will, not dropping water level.

I think it would be better if users said if they're talking about a bubble bucket or deep water culture. I assumed they were one in the same and they're not. Bubble bucket uses top feed and deep water leaves the roots submerged in the water. Anyways you were right, so far. I'll drop water if needed but if it'll work like this I'm happy.

I could have grown in soil with no issues but I love the hydro flower aesthetics, that and I'm bored.

Thanks for the help.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Do you think 1ml per gallon of the trio is too much? Would I cut back on the Calmag then? I used your recipe and, lol, it straightened itself out drank a bunch or at least 1/4 gallon right off the bat. That was about an hour ago.

I'm actually surprised because I figured oh well and poured the hydroton out and reset the rapid rooter, those roots will go down now. I buried the plant an inch away from the cotyledons. It's had a heck of a day but those are the results from your recipe. It did not look like that this morning. I burnt the crap out of it with Calmag. It's been a day figuring this out.

IMG 20211127 143406457 HDR
IMG 20211127 143359347
Top Bottom