Should i train my outdoor plants?

• Thread starter Croddy44
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancorn

mancorn

The biggest bushiest plants that I've seen have been trained. Last year I left most of mine alone and they grew in like a christmas tree style with one main cola. Why not train and direct the plant to think they are all main colas ?
The top terminal shot, sends out hormones to restrict the branches below it from growing. But the hormone only goes down the main stalk so far. As the plant grows this hormone no longer works to restrict the growth on the lowest branches and they start growing. This gives you the Christmas tree shape as the main shot moves further and further from the lower branches. When you top, it removes this hormone, so then the next two branches take off, since they're not being restricted (like they would normally be). Top again and plant will become much rounder.

220BTHP

220BTHP

I got some gelato41 x dosidos seeds from archive seed bank. This is gonna be my second outdoor grow.last time i kinda just let the plants grow freely. I only ended up yielding about a pound and a half off 6 plants though. I wanted to hear everyones opinions on if I should train or not ? If so what method? Will it increase my yield? Please let me know

Spiman2u

Spiman2u

If mancorn grow is a current pic ...awesome .Calif topping in May.. and my Bday present 2 meh. And for fun a SOG grow

20200512 194323
20200524 203738
20200524 203805

Latest posts

Top Bottom