Should i transplant this one, or wait?

• Thread starter CTABB83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CTABB83

CTABB83

Humidity has been low, I'm trying to raise it unfortunately can't afford a humidifier atm.

CTABB83

CTABB83

how often are you watering
I've been going by lifting the pot. Its been just about every 1-2 days cause the pots small. I make sure it's pretty light and water slowly so it doesn't just drain out. I put mykos xtreme when planting from germination. Humidity hangs around 37-45% temp 75°-77°

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've been going by lifting the pot. Its been just about every 1-2 days cause the pots small. I make sure it's pretty light and water slowly so it doesn't just drain out. I put mykos xtreme when planting from germination. Humidity hangs around 37-45% temp 75°-77°
I would add one of these to your tool kit. It's cheap and will help you avoid watering too frequently. Every other day sounds like a bit much to me in FFOF

Moisture Meter

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Actually got one pots to small still to hold it up lol.
It's a good tool to have. Watering too frequently is probably the most common error by the new grower. As small plant like that will look like it's wilting, causing the new grower to water again when the plant was really saying "I'm suffocating" because the soil is too moist.

Like I said earlier though. No signs of this in your seedling.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
ok that's good, keep doing that. also, in a week or so start feeding her at 150ppm and work your way up to 500ppm. after few weeks foxfarm nutrients levels drop for the plant so you need to start the feeding. follow the schedule

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

ok that's good, keep doing that. also, in a week or so start feeding her at 150ppm and work your way up to 500ppm
Once he up pots he may not need to feed yet. The mycos will make far more "food" available to the plant than they would otherwise receive.

As long as your plant is healthy, which it is ... stick to basic care. Over-mothering is many new grower's issue at this stage.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
The pot weighs like there's nothing in it when I water.
when you say there is nothing in it, do you mean like the dirt is rockhard dry>? you don't want 100% dryness, at about 85% dry water her.

Once he up pots he may not need to feed yet. The mycos will make far more "food" available to the plant than they would otherwise receive.

As long as your plant is healthy, which it is ... stick to basic care. Over-mothering is many new grower's issue at this stage.
"once he up pots" he still has few more weeks to go before that plant needs to get up potted and it should get fed. in soil i would only up pot once. From cup to final home. I know you can do different methods, but when the roots are built properly you can just go to final home.

Also, when he up pots he can start watering again since the soil is rich again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom