Should i transplant this one, or wait?

• Thread starter CTABB83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

"once he up pots" he still has few more weeks to go before that plant needs to get up potted and it should get fed. in soil i would only up pot once. From cup to final home. I know you can do different methods, but when the roots are built properly you can just go to final home.

Also, when he up pots he can start watering again since the soil is rich again.
It's exactly how I do it ... but I don't feed a plant that young ever, not when using a mycos based product. Mine waltz right through and don't get fed until several weeks into veg. The only difference is my starting container is usually solo cup though which is likely slightly larger than the pot he's using.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Do a soil slurry mixture and with a TDS meter you can check the run off ppm. Assuming the water neutral or distilled water. You;ll see the ppm run off is way too low and at the moment the plant can take around 200/300ppm. With the size pot he has, he can go for couple months

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

All good advice - if you think your growth rates are slow, up your perlite ratio when you up-pot. Could go another week + before that. Give her a light feeding or two with something for the roots before you yank and spank her.

growsince79

growsince79

Do a soil slurry mixture and with a TDS meter you can check the run off ppm. Assuming the water neutral or distilled water. You;ll see the ppm run off is way too low and at the moment the plant can take around 200/300ppm. With the size pot he has, he can go for couple months
Fox Farm is loaded with organic food. Pretty sure a new bag of ffof runoff should be about 2400ppm. Seedlings love it. No need to feed.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Fox Farm is loaded with organic food. Pretty sure a new bag of ffof runoff should be about 2400ppm. Seedlings love it. No need to feed.
This is my experience ... no need to feed, yet.
If you use straight ro add calmag.
Solid advice ... even with non-RO water, cal/mag deficiencies will pop up. You'll see this a lot more with LED lighting than what we saw using HID.

CTABB83

CTABB83

when you say there is nothing in it, do you mean like the dirt is rockhard dry>? you don't want 100% dryness, at about 85% dry water her.

"once he up pots" he still has few more weeks to go before that plant needs to get up potted and it should get fed. in soil i would only up pot once. From cup to final home. I know you can do different methods, but when the roots are built properly you can just go to final home.

It doesn't look like soil that has nothing left. I water slow so it has time to soak. Here's a pic from a few days ago. I'll post a recent one in a few.

20211224 132156
CTABB83

CTABB83

when you say there is nothing in it, do you mean like the dirt is rockhard dry>? you don't want 100% dryness, at about 85% dry water her.

That's what I was hoping. I have a 7 gallon fabric pot and enough ocean forest with some black&gold soil just in case. I just feel her growth has slowed a bit. And of course I must've dropped a seed somehow and noticed a sprout the other morning. Looks like a diff strain leaves are more rounded on the edges and tip.

CTABB83

CTABB83

It's exactly how I do it ... but I don't feed a plant that young ever, not when using a mycos based product. Mine waltz right through and don't get fed until several weeks into veg. The only difference is my starting container is usually solo cup though which is likely slightly larger than the pot he's using.
Yeah I didn't have a solo its what I had laying around. I'll probably transplant in the next few days if she's not growing like I think she should.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
That's what I was hoping. I have a 7 gallon fabric pot and enough ocean forest with some black&gold soil just in case. I just feel her growth has slowed a bit. And of course I must've dropped a seed somehow and noticed a sprout the other morning. Looks like a diff strain leaves are more rounded on the edges and tip.
she needs to build a root structure to build up top.. patience!! don’t try to push them to grow..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah I didn't have a solo its what I had laying around. I'll probably transplant in the next few days if she's not growing like I think she should.
transplanting is not the answer., patience

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

To me, things look as they should so far. What you're seeing as "slow growth" is probably not slow at all. At this stage your plant is putting it's energy into building it's root structure.

CTABB83

CTABB83

she needs to build a root structure to build up top.. patience!! don’t try to push them to grow..
I try to take that approach, I do basic outdoor vegetable growing. So completely understand the plant will tell you if somethings up. I also do aquarium design with live plants and that is a balancing act with ferts and other things, but worth it

20210719 170826
20210616 133802
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
that’s some cool stuff!
ya with the marijuana seedling just make sure your environment is dialed in and water when necessary, little airflow.. not much else..
maybe play her some music..

CTABB83

CTABB83

I'm definitely curious about doing a hydroponic set up. I'm sure the water I clean
that’s some cool stuff!
ya with the marijuana seedling just make sure your environment is dialed in and water when necessary, little airflow.. not much else..
maybe play her some music..
Low airflow? I got it at around low/Med. The plant isn't getting thrashed. I'm just concerned about cycling fresh air.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'm definitely curious about doing a hydroponic set up. I'm sure the water I clean

Low airflow? I got it at around low/Med. The plant isn't getting thrashed. I'm just concerned about cycling fresh air.
ya should be good, i meant having some sort of air movement in the area.. a small fan, not directly blowing on her..

Top Bottom