Show off your frostiest nugs part #2

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Here's the trifolate white widow specimen, it's supposed 1 in a 100 plant. Pretty cool, I'm going to let it get big, I think. Look at the seedling growing roots into it. LOL

IMG 20200905 051354
TheKushie

TheKushie

I'm sure there's a correct name for it, I call it marbling, but that might not be an adequate description. I see it in some strains, not in others. It's especially prevalent in much of the newer hybrids I've seen of late, but I don't know that it's from Chemdog specifically, that's just some of the earliest examples I can think of, that have that have that trait, to a very obvious degree.

It's the way the bud forms around or in between the smaller leafs. All of these types of different characteristics seem to affect the number and length of trichomes, (or at least potential) the patterns, the numbers or density in structure in which they proliferate. I really enjoy seeing different trichome structure, and noting differences in plant development.

I can't wait for this camera I've got coming, so I can see them so much closer. I think there are things to be learned, possibly. It appears many of the larger glandular trichomes have been bred to grow in areas/structures of the plant that once lacked, or had smaller ones in the past. There are a lot of "different" looking types of trichomes in various places.

Some obviously, produce more oils than others. I think "long" trichomes w/large bulbulus heads, have the most potential, personally.
Probably some type of mutations through the breeding that leads to this type of bud development.(genetically modified hybreds)
Bud formation does look cool

R

redshift75

how far out are these from being finished?
Still a little ways. Still got clear and some more development to go. These are my pollen tents and theyve been pollenated. So im more just going by the overall development and maturity of that. Just looks really beautiful. I believe they were flipped sept 12h or13th. checking my notes.

** white spots are fungicide or at this point probably silica. i spray it on rinse it off daily. So snap photos at end of day. So not to be confused with WPM

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Probably some type of mutations through the breeding that leads to this type of bud development.(genetically modified hybreds)
Bud formation does look cool

Yea, I think it was explained to me it was the haze breeding in that specific instance. it certainly was a morhpological trait. I think it's the European breeding that I wasn't accustomed too seeing. I'm in a bit of a bubble here on the west coast, I think, and I gravitate to some very specific strains.

Here's a good example of it, burnt tips and all.
I think these breeds are going to melt well with my strains here, if I can increase the trichomes density and lengths, that's what what's lacking on this structure, IMO. But it's not "fully" ripened yet, but I fully expect the progeny to be somewhat better.

I think adding in the OG kush genes will increase a bit of the flowering time, and add a bit more distinct "character" to the terpenes. I think that's what most of these autoflowers lack, overall. At least in the big picture. That's my spin on it anyhow.

IMG 20201019 1734211
IMG 20201019 230704
IMG 20201019 230716
IMG 20201019 230738
Last edited:
amekins

amekins

I couldn't find the thread, so maybe I'll post it here. Others can follow if you want.

Here's my latest. I got a new camera for much closer images on the way, I love taking pictures of cannabis.
These are beautiful flowers and photos of them.

funkychicken

funkychicken

I think im going to let these run another week or two see if they'll put on a bit more fat. Nirvana's blue mystic and Zookies. I stuck em all in flower (11 on 13 off) on oct 14th. this is my first run with Mars Hydro's 2x4 "2000w" LED. I can't say I hate it!

DSC 0281
DSC 0283
DSC 0284
DSC 0292
DSC 0293
DSC 0294
DSC 0296
Last edited:
Top Bottom