Show Your Colorado Outdoor/Greenhouse Grows

• Thread starter Okiedope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ace

I like the two pieces of woord idea. Was just thinking about using multiple 2x4s and rolling them up in the plastic so it was easy the move. how about plastic, then gorilla tape both sides and stapling it? Might use that and the double piece of 2x4 idea. Was just out watering the garden and saw a snake.......I F'ing hate snakes. And of course my two dogs where no help, even after I pointed it out....It was just a gardener, lazy as shit, but I HATE snakes.

Ok going to go mix up a batch of guano tea and feed it to my girl out doors...Will get some pics of her while I'm at it, maybe even the snake too........UGH.
Ace

A

ace

So heres the BlackBerry Kush ( supposedly ) in my garden. She is about 5 ft in diameter and 3-3.5 ft tall. I layed some chicken wire down around her, and trained her to bush out, needed to keep it low for safety sake..although I am in compliance. Grabbed a few clones off of her a month ago right about when she started flowering, they are growing now indoors. I've never had a plant where the pistills started turning purple...

I plan to cover my garden, or atleast construct one before the night temps get too cold. Hopefully will be done around mid october and be ready to test around halloween.

DSC01717.JPG

DSC01716.JPG

DSC01715.JPG

DSC01714.JPG

DSC01711.JPG

Ace

See my atlantic giant pumpkin the the 2nd pic? Ya next year I hope to grow a massive one, this one just kinda happened.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Not completely outdoor grown, but originally outdoor bred:

Southern Charm:

http://a.invalid.com/img706/8017/img5911u.jpg
http://a.invalid.com/img525/8376/img5913c.jpg
http://a.invalid.com/img828/204/img5912l.jpg
http://a.invalid.com/img830/6683/img5914f.jpg
http://a.invalid.com/img825/8999/img5409z.jpg
http://a.invalid.com/img259/2307/img5408o.jpg
http://a.invalid.com/img839/8518/img5407x.jpg

B

BudGood

Outdoor bred huh? Didn't know that little bit o' info on her. Interested to run her and see what she does for me.

That Al's Hashplant I recently acquired, turned out completely different than the stuff I would score through a friend, who got me the cut. More of a spicy tropical smell, bomb.

Most stuff I grow turns out completely different in my garden than the sample buds I try of it from different gardens. Thats why I love giving cuts to different people, they'll all put their own flair into the herb. ;)

G

GreenTrees88

Could you guys chime and tell what elevation that you are at and what are the different factors use used to determine weather or not you could make it to finish before the frost?
Also, what are your thoughts on greenhouses in the mountains. What is the highest elevation that you have seen a greenhouse?
Peace

G

GreenTrees88

A couple more questions.
What do you think would be the best place in Colorado to grow outside/greenhouse and why?

Factors to consider-land cost, local police and people, security, frost date and snow, secluded or not, water and electric, etc

I think alot of people on this site would be interested in this.

sky high

sky high

It looks as if "Indian Summer" may start tomorrow up here in the hills.........

Freeze Warning

COZ001-002-005-008-014-071100-
/O.CON.KGJT.FZ.W.0007.100907T0600Z-100907T1500Z/
LOWER YAMPA RIVER BASIN-CENTRAL YAMPA RIVER BASIN-
UPPER YAMPA RIVER BASIN-CENTRAL COLORADO RIVER BASIN-
UPPER GUNNISON RIVER VALLEY-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...RANGELY...DINOSAUR...CRAIG...HAYDEN...
MEEKER...STEAMBOAT SPRINGS AND VICINITY...GLENWOOD SPRINGS...
EAGLE...CARBONDALE...GUNNISON...CIMARRON
256 PM MDT MON SEP 6 2010

...FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM
MDT TUESDAY...

A FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM
MDT TUESDAY.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAND JUNCTION HAS ISSUED A
FREEZE WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
TUESDAY MORNING.

* TIMING...CLEAR SKIES AND NEARLY CALM WINDS AFTER MIDNIGHT WILL
ALLOW OVERNIGHT TEMPERATURES TO FALL BELOW FREEZING ACROSS THE
PLATEAUS OF NORTHWEST COLORADO...THE CENTRAL COLORADO RIVER
BASIN AND ...THE UPPER GUNNISON RIVER VALLEY.

* TEMPERATURES...LOW TEMPERATURES WILL RANGE FROM THE MID 20S TO
LOWER 30S.

* IMPACTS...DELICATE PLANTS MAY BE HARMED BY SUB-FREEZING
TEMPERATURES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FREEZE WARNING MEANS SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE IMMINENT OR
HIGHLY LIKELY. THESE CONDITIONS WILL KILL CROPS AND OTHER
SENSITIVE VEGETATION.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Holy crap it chilly!!! it's comin quick this year...

Tex

F

Frankie Pebbles

We will have another warm spell this fall, however we do have La Nina weather pattern setting up this winter.. (Below temps with good snow fall totals) Hope everyone is going to harvest by the second week in October, looks like thats the start of the bad weather.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

We will have another warm spell this fall, however we do have La Nina weather pattern setting up this winter.. (Below temps with good snow fall totals) Hope everyone is going to harvest by the second week in October, looks like thats the start of the bad weather.

Hell yea, I got an early October harvest! But its indoor, so it doesn't really matter! LOLOL!

I can't wait for winter, all my purps will purp up! All the bugs will die, all the humidity will get frozen to the ground!

summitoker

summitoker

27 degrees here the other AM i hope everyones ladies are doing OK!

M

mendel

plastic will work ok as frost protection, provided its dry out, and not wet and raining. If wet and raining, condensation will form on the bottom of the plastic and freeze into little ice balls (plant transpiration). This leaves the buds wet right when they need to be dry for trimming ease. Also, buds touching the plastic can and will freeze at around 27 degrees.

I prefer agribon frost blanket, as it breathes, and lets moisture pass thru, leaving the plant dry. It can get mighty cold and wet at the end of the season, as some of you well know.

Our motto here ---- Down and out by October 10. I have run later finishers in the past (and do have means to protect them), but by the time the season is drawing to a close, im ready to 'get it over with already'. I handwater, so you might understand my dilemna.

mendel

sky high

sky high

Another COLD one comin tonight folks! NWS is forecasting a kiiling freeze for most areas above 7000 ft.

A

ace

So heres the cover I fashioned...somewhat akward to deal with, but if it gives me a few more weeks on my veggies and my girl its worth it.
DSC01739.JPG

And heres my blackberry kush gal..starting to bulk up for sure.
DSC01748.JPG

DSC01715.JPG

DSC01741.JPG

DSC01742.JPG

Starting to purple up too...I am in the springs, so I am hoping that I can let her go til about the 20th of oct. We will see. Picked a lot of tomatoes, jalepenos, green chiles, and tomatillos. Made a bunch of salsa today!
Ace

B

BudGood

plastic will work ok as frost protection, provided its dry out, and not wet and raining. If wet and raining, condensation will form on the bottom of the plastic and freeze into little ice balls (plant transpiration). This leaves the buds wet right when they need to be dry for trimming ease. Also, buds touching the plastic can and will freeze at around 27 degrees.

I prefer agribon frost blanket, as it breathes, and lets moisture pass thru, leaving the plant dry. It can get mighty cold and wet at the end of the season, as some of you well know.

Our motto here ---- Down and out by October 10. I have run later finishers in the past (and do have means to protect them), but by the time the season is drawing to a close, im ready to 'get it over with already'. I handwater, so you might understand my dilemna.

mendel

Good info, where do you source the frost blanket? :rastadancing:

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

hot damn, not too bad for a rogue seed from an autoflower pollen chucking experiment of lowlife's auto AK (they were all feminized dammit!) X reeferman's hashplant. there's even an HPS streetlight in the alley that shines on this baby all night and it's still flowering just fine. I shot the light out with a bb gun last year :D .

this strain seems to be on time for CO weather. More graperfruit, hashplant, and afghani mixes planned for outdoor next year. I'll post pics of my greenhouse in a few days, this plant is just a novelty.

The frost blanket is definitely better than plastic but plastic is better than nothing.

Weed 001
Top Bottom