Siiiiiiickkkk

• Thread starter indonesia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indonesia

indonesia

the other day i was hel;ping a buddy trim and i noticed that he had a couple ladies that got shocked out of woman hood lol. seems like they were shocked pretty early on. ive had afew herms here and there but never pollen everywhere. i started noticing huge amounts of pollen falling out everytime i touched a bud with scissors. breathing it in all day etc. i even tried medicating with a couple bowls, not evn thinking that pollen would irritate me. but it did. couldnt even go out for new years last night cuz i thought i was sick but i woke up and it stil seems like allergies. seems like im not really getting worse. dont feel physically sick but def have some respitory shit going on. and i havent smoked cigarettes for a month now. to get to the point has anyone else experienced semi serious allergenic reactions to mj pollen? ive only found a few things online about it. no personal experiences from people who were directly in contact with mj pollen but there was a little info.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are you certain it's pollen and not mold? My experience has been that pollen doesn't puff out, it's heavy and drops to the table, whereas mold will go up into the stillest of air just like smoke.

Mold absolutely causes horrible respiratory reactions for me (so does insect frass, but that's another story), and so does pollen but it's specific pollens, like wheat, oak, farina, shit like that (over a dozen tested for, can't recall them all). Anyway, I've lived my life with bad hayfever allergies and it's a different beast than mold, mold makes me absolutely ill.

Last edited:
Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Agreed Mold is horrible, I have worked on some farms in my younger years, the dusty poultry farms always made me sick for a couple of days, a dust mask helped alot but not completely.

indonesia

indonesia

i had my first run in with PM earlier this year nasty stuff, that. but no i actually saw the male pods or flowers or whatever theyre called dropping them. but im coughing up phelm, feel tired and cant get warm for the life of me. which also made me think that it might not have been allergies. i just beerbonged 2 emergenC's and i feel a little better. there is a chest cold going around my parts too ive heard. thanks fellers for the input

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i had my first run in with PM earlier this year nasty stuff, that. but no i actually saw the male pods or flowers or whatever theyre called dropping them. but im coughing up phelm, feel tired and cant get warm for the life of me. which also made me think that it might not have been allergies. i just beerbonged 2 emergenC's and i feel a little better. there is a chest cold going around my parts too ive heard. thanks fellers for the input
I'm still dealing with the cold I developed over a week ago.

What you're describing is something I've experienced also when moving a large load of wood chips that had begun decomposing. Every time I stuck my fork into the pile of chips, huge clouds of black "smoke" would burst up. That was mold spores. It took about an hour, but before I knew what was happening I literally could not breathe, then I got really sick with a fever and everything. Now, I know that it's using a bit of ill logic to say that the mold spores made me sick, but the timing was a helluva thing.

Lysine also boosts immune system. 2,000mg/day.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I worked in the trades for 15 years, and now horticulture. I am the guy wearing a mask when anything dirty is going on. Saves my lungs. Spraying organic foliars, turning dirt, sanding mud and tape from Sheetrock. I know I look funny, and the old school guys never wear a mask. I put enough stuff in my lungs without adding any unnecessary filth. I even wear a mask when harvesting if the product is PM infected.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I worked in the trades for 15 years, and now horticulture. I am the guy wearing a mask when anything dirty is going on. Saves my lungs. Spraying organic foliars, turning dirt, sanding mud and tape from Sheetrock. I know I look funny, and the old school guys never wear a mask. I put enough stuff in my lungs without adding any unnecessary filth. I even wear a mask when harvesting if the product is PM infected.
@Bulldog11 Well bro you wouldn't have looked funny to me, cause I was one of those guys wearing a dust cup or respirator myself. As a union painter I learned early in my career about taking care of the lungs. Funniest thing I ever saw in a sad way was like you were talking about ole skool peeps I knew this one ole timer and when spraying lacquer he would take a cigarette and make a hole in his dust cup and put the cig thru the hole so he could spray and smoke at same time. Needless to say he was screwed anyway because a nuisance dust cup is not adequate respiratory protection against solvent borne coatings!!!!!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

The group of painters that worked for me in the bay were working in a 6 story building sealing the concrete floors for finished concrete floors. They came in on Sunday to work so they wouldn't bother people during the work week. I checked up on them mid day Sunday, and I told them the smell was soooooo strong it might set off the fire alarms. We disabled the alarms and continued to work. I started to notice nobody was wearing a respirator, let alone a mask. I was in and out. The next day the smell was sooooo bad all six floors couldn't work because the fumes are toxic. Women were walking in, gaging and walking right out.

My point is, the smell was that strong and the painters didn't protect themselves.......

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
There is a lot of EGO in the bldg trades. Painters are notorious for not wanting to use their respirators. I used to struggle to enforce getting them to wear their respirators. They will wish they had as they get older and start having problems with diminished lung function. :(

blazer

blazer

Seems to be a virus or something going around Makes you feel like shit with like a stuffy head cold and nasty cough

indonesia

indonesia

my gf had bronchitis again almost 2 weeks ago. im just in denial that i could catch it because i generally never get sick. im really good at washing my hands and not touching my face/eyes ever really. Most people get sick when they put their dirty fingers in their eyes. fact. i may have gotten bronchitis, or may not have who knows. but if their was PM in a grow i was in, i wouldve bounced quick and burned my clothes and taken a shower before i stepped foot in my basement or touched anything at my house. been there done that no thanks. probably woulda given my dog a bath too lol. innocence can be a fickle bitch. if it were mine with mold..i wouldve tossed it all. even if it was ready. so disgusting. i wouldnt want anyone to ingest mold, especially if i could help it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have yet to find a single paper that discusses actual harm done to humans by ingestion of PM spores. Nary a single one. And I've been looking, for about 3 years now. ;)

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Bronchitis is only contagious if it's viral or bacterial, if it is caused by dust or smoking then your fine, so you can kiss your lady.

Top Bottom