Silica, Who Uses It And How Much?

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I use protekt with every grow in veg, using @ 1/4 tsp per gallon once a week.
It helps with heat stress almost immediately. It also will help build stalk strength for those spaghetti thin stem strains.
My garden is always a bit warm with low Rh and having this in my regimen has helped my plants deal with the arid environment.
Peace

symbiote420

symbiote420

Silica is probably the most abundant mineral on this planet..... that's why most quality potting soils add sand, it's basically Si. Some don't think it's essential for plant growth but just knowing it's so abundant in the ground where all plants live I'd beg to differ.

slimjimham

slimjimham

I did, mixing ratios come to $10 for 3 quarts, or 4 quarts pro-tekt is like $45...

I see the savings obviously my concern is that the particle size will be larger in the power... im very possibly wrong, this is just my feeling. Obviously the companies get their main ingredient elsewhere but I'm not sure if it comes in a liquid state, and if so that would probably be a finer particle size.

Also there's some info about breathing the dust being very bad for you. So if it's only $30 more a bottle.... prob wouldn't use all that much in the long run, maybe $100 more per year I'm fine with the other stuff.

If I knew for sure this is what the companies used I'd be more swayed to use it... im just not sure it's really the same mesh size and what not

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I did, mixing ratios come to $10 for 3 quarts, or 4 quarts pro-tekt is like $45...

I see the savings obviously my concern is that the particle size will be larger in the power... im very possibly wrong, this is just my feeling. Obviously the companies get their main ingredient elsewhere but I'm not sure if it comes in a liquid state, and if so that would probably be a finer particle size.

Also there's some info about breathing the dust being very bad for you. So if it's only $30 more a bottle.... prob wouldn't use all that much in the long run, maybe $100 more per year I'm fine with the other stuff.

If I knew for sure this is what the companies used I'd be more swayed to use it... im just not sure it's really the same mesh size and what not

it can actually work out cheaper depending on how much you buy. i cant speak for what other companies use and in what form they get it but in the end its all the same, potassium silicate, the rest is water. not sure the actual micron size of the powder if thats what you mean but im sure if you read there msds you can find it. its a heavier powder and resembles the texture of baking soda, its not powdery and dont make dust so there isnt much worry of creating a breathing hazard. its your money bro im just trying to help, i know its just a difference of maybe $30 but id rather use that money towards something useful instead of buying a overpriced gallon of distilled water with some mineral salts. good luck in your ventures.

ken dog

ken dog

I'd rather pay the extra money and get it pre-mixed for me, and in usable form... we're not talking about that much money in the overall scheme of things.

sixstring

sixstring

I have had the same bottle of silica blast for about 18 months,but like i said i only use it about 1 x a week on my flowering girls and maybe 2 x a month on veg plants.if you do go the dry route,def dont breath/inhale the stuff lol.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I'd rather pay the extra money and get it pre-mixed for me, and in usable form... we're not talking about that much money in the overall scheme of things.

Did you do any looking around on agsil? It's water soluble so how isn't it available?

ken dog

ken dog

Did you do any looking around on agsil? It's water soluble so how isn't it available?

Just because it is water soluble, does not mean it is available to the plants... I trust a company that premixes it, and makes it available to the plants when I add it to my reservoir.

.http://buildasoil.com/products/agsil16h-potassium-silicate

Fair use excerpt:

Something we have done in conventional agriculture appears to have compromised the conversion of insoluble silicon into the plant available form. It may reflect a mineral imbalance or we may have knocked out some of the soil microbe species that solubilise this mineral

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Just because it is water soluble, does not mean it is available to the plants... I trust a company that premixes it, and makes it available to the plants when I add it to my reservoir.

.http://buildasoil.com/products/agsil16h-potassium-silicate

Fair use excerpt:

Something we have done in conventional agriculture appears to have compromised the conversion of insoluble silicon into the plant available form. It may reflect a mineral imbalance or we may have knocked out some of the soil microbe species that solubilise this mineral

What males potassium silicate different from potassium silicate?

ken dog

ken dog

It needs to be mixed at the proper temperatures... I believe 90 degrees centigrade.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Yeah I would love to mix it, but by all means they could sell you a solid brick of it... it all comes down to the mesh size, can the plants use it as easily as the pre mix. .. that's prob what they want me too think ha but it's working.

For example they say sand us basically silica, but add that to your res and see what happens

I bet it's legit I'm just a bit skeptical

DrFever

DrFever

Although S1 is one of the most abundant minerals in the earths crust it is yet to be classified as a essential element many claim it cannot transfer through the roots membrane , yet it known that traces are in plants
but at the end of the day if you think or it shows benefit in your growing environment?? then by all means use it
Personally as a soil grower i tend to think there is enough s1 in soil to begin with there fore i do not bother with it

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
How u doing foo doo I'm D owner of osa28 my product is far from being a scam I'm all about the growers I'll be posting pics soon of lab results and we all know numbers dnt lie theres alittle confusion with pricing my 5gallons is 4600.00 mixes 32,000 gallons my 1 gallon is 1100.00 mixes 6,400 gallons my 1 liter mixes 1,600 gallons it's 300.00 my competitors prices are 474.00 399.00 and 350.00 so who is cheaper??? Pro-tekt is totally diffrent I have alot of literature in my website osa28.com I'm more then glad to clear things up and answer all your questions thank every1 for taking time and reading my post..cheers

slimjimham

slimjimham

Got any samples? If you do I'll run one system yours, the other pro-tekt. If the results are legit I'll post them. Pm Me if you want me to try it... prob obvious but I run undercurrent

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

How u doing foo doo I'm D owner of osa28 my product is far from being a scam I'm all about the growers I'll be posting pics soon of lab results and we all know numbers dnt lie theres alittle confusion with pricing my 5gallons is 4600.00 mixes 32,000 gallons my 1 gallon is 1100.00 mixes 6,400 gallons my 1 liter mixes 1,600 gallons it's 300.00 my competitors prices are 474.00 399.00 and 350.00 so who is cheaper??? Pro-tekt is totally diffrent I have alot of literature in my website osa28.com I'm more then glad to clear things up and answer all your questions thank every1 for taking time and reading my post..cheers

I'd like a sample too thanks...

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
How you doing guys go to osa28.com and there a link that says free sample thanks for the intrest.

Top Bottom