Silica, Who Uses It And How Much?

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Si is crucial bro, it improves the strength and the flexibilty in your stems wich is good for when they get top heavy and if you use SCROG method you want a bit of elasticity to bend and manipulate the stems. Also it aids in nutrient uptake because it creates a wider phloem wich is the transport vein in the main stem. And it helps plants deal with heat makes them tolerate more heat. What you want to do is ALWAYS mix it in first when your making your solution and water it down, at a 1/4 tsp per gl every feeding you will see the results. Good luck.
Right on the money.

ken dog

ken dog

I'm happy to see educated farmers

Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin, has 1.5% silicon dioxide... and the pH is 5.8.

Your website says that quality silica acid should be less than 1... I am assuming this doesn't mean that the solution once diluted properly, has a pH less than 1.
Could you please tell me the pH of the solution that you offer, once it is diluted properly?
Thanks. :)

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

How you doing guys go to osa28.com and there a link that says free sample thanks for the intrest.

Tried to get a sample and it wanted $60 postage. I must be doing something wrong I think as it says $10 postage before checkout then at check out it changes to $60. Any help would be appreciated.

DrFever

DrFever

I wonder why know one just doesn't go out and purchases some silica sand for soil grows
or we can look into the synthetic versions that might work with some studying
why not go into a health store we all know aspirin know n then are good for plants???? why not sio2 supplement you know crush that pill up
or if your feeling Dr Jekyll n hide lol why not make some google what percentage is per sq acre then break it down to actual amount needed per watering if its that important to you

DrFever

DrFever

Tried to get a sample and it wanted $60 postage. I must be doing something wrong I think as it says $10 postage before checkout then at check out it changes to $60. Any help would be appreciated.
well that is where they get you no hahaha

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Well I didn't wanna be unkind and say that lmao I'm just glad I spotted it before I put payment deets in ;)

DrFever

DrFever

I'm happy to see educated farmers
lets hope so right ?? I mean i am not trying to be funny here .. Well No i am trying to be lol all fun intended i mean them prices are out of this world, Curious are sales up ?? just saying for what little this magical S1 is,
Does it warrant to dig that deep into our pockets ..
If i made a half pound before will it give me a pound if i add S1 ??? if my plants were healthy before will it make them healthier there fore produce more
next week end the agri guys are coming to farm to grab soil samples yup its that time of the year i am going to ask them in more detail about what there costs are or if they bother testing for si content or maybe its so abundant there is no need to iduuno going to ask them for si soil test to be included
Not looking forward though got to hate the smell of manure shit for miles as we spread everyone hates us at this time of year :) over 100 ton of manure or in imperial 220 462.262 pounds

Last edited:
eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

How you doing guys go to osa28.com and there a link that says free sample thanks for the intrest.

So how much is in the sample ? I'm about to start a new cycle so I'd be willing to try it and post results. Let me know and I'll order that sample ASAP.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

It showed up $9 postage for me. $10 for sample and $9 for postage. I'm just wondering how much comes in a $19 sample before I buy it

DrFever

DrFever

How many growers are seeing issues or implementing drought into there rooms ?? and most importantly how many growers are seeing there plants stems stalks being so flimsy that it cannot hold up a bud ?? now i no some strains no matter what buds are so massive that of course no many branches will stand up to them but again that is cross breeding
i mean i have grown for a long time either vegged or no veg time and plants appear to work out ok
so really whats the difference between S1 a non essential plant element and a non essential aspirin do they not do the same thing one costs 2.00 other a shit load
and if this is the case how can any one really know the amounts that should be added ??? Wait i know as Si effects ph drastically and from scientific data states that it should not be added with nutrients Because of the alkaline nature of many silicon supplements, it is not recommended to mix soluble forms with fertilizer solutions as the resulting high pH will likely cause precipitation of nutrients interesting
so there fore being smart one would add such little that to not effect ph lol see and now we got the percentage that is added 1 percent shit and this is going to change everything RIGHT
If a average person got 1 percent raise on your paycheck would you take the 1 percent you made and be able to pay to pay for a family of 4 entrance to disney land lol i think not but this 1 percent of Si is going to make such a huge difference on your plant remember 1 percent

DrFever

DrFever

for the cost i would try this seems simple enough and i a sure whats needed can be easily gotten
i think he made 21 grams of pure @ 1 percent feeding this so 210 milligram hell you could even lower it in half to .5 percent so how many gallons would that make ?? would that not be 210 gallons ??? or am i wrong @ .5 percent mixture 410 gallons holy crap or just 1 gram per gallon 21 gallons and call it a day

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

for the cost i would try this seems simple enough and i a sure whats needed can be easily gotten
i think he made 21 grams of pure @ 1 percent feeding this so 210 milligram hell you could even lower it in half to .5 percent so how many gallons would that make ?? would that not be 210 gallons ??? or am i wrong @ .5 percent mixture 410 gallons holy crap or just 1 gram per gallon 21 gallons and call it a day

I have no idea, but I just saved 15% on my car insurance...

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

It showed up $9 postage for me. $10 for sample and $9 for postage. I'm just wondering how much comes in a $19 sample before I buy it

Im in the UK.....don't know where u are but I still think $60 postage is excessive for a sample. I don't mind paying the $10 it asked for at first tho.

DrFever

DrFever

I have no idea, but I just saved 15% on my car insurance...
lol stop lieing you take the bus,,, old fart like you they took your license away long ago .. only insurance your trying to get is life insurance and even that is getting hard to get lol

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Im in the UK.....don't know where u are but I still think $60 postage is excessive for a sample. I don't mind paying the $10 it asked for at first tho.

I'm in the U.S. But I couldn't agree more bro I think that is plain crazy, no way would I pay that for shipping. I don't think you should pay anything for a sample but $10 wouldn't be bad I guess.

DrFever

DrFever

But lets get to the next question here lol please i am not trying to come across as bad or stirring things up sometimes being a pessimist to a idea or concept will bring better ideas , or thought to the table ..
So with that said where can added silica be most beneficial DWC soil grown ??? or does it even matter ... Silica is in terms to help the plant with its warding off disease , for combating drought , respiratory functions, heat stress. metal contamination etc. But lets really dig deeper
lets look at what many claim is the super vitamin needed for plants Si02
  • Added Tolerance to Heat many factors contribute to this no just Si02
  • Added Tolerance to Cold same thing applies
  • Added Tolerance to Drought same thing applies
  • Added Tolerance to Salt Buildup i like this one wow says who
  • Added Tolerance to Mineral Toxicity or Deficiency hmm to my understanding si02 will not bind to nothing there fore this means nothing
  • Accelerated Growth Rates awe again this can be seriously de bunked lets remove N out of the equation and see how well Si02 takes care of the growth i bet it doesn't anyone ????
  • Faster Root Development if this was the case then why is silica not on any essential nutrient chart ??? so other words BS potasium and phosphorus promote root growth not silica here is a good test remove potassium and phos lets see how well root growth occurs with only silca ??? Bets anyone ??
  • Increased Resistance to Insects many things influence resistance most importantly a healthy plant proper levels of nutrients also does this so again silica might have some minor qualities but most importantly lets not neglect the importance of other factors
  • Increased Resistance to Fungal Disease Again negligible fungi disease and spread fast many factors involved here lets not just credit Silica as the main factor in combating this
  • Actually if you want to get technical in soil there is a fight a constant fight with the plant and soil micro as to who controls that aspect of fighting disease
  • Silicon Increases Resistance to Pathogens lol many things do from micro's to environment
  • Silicon Increases Metabolic Rates
  • haha ok lets decrease c02 and add more silica lets see which would increase more c02 or silica well that is a no brainer c02 would school silica with metabolic rates anyone wanna bet
  • So at the end of the day in DWC being roots are submerged in water there fore no drought as for disease with added chlorine like so many do appear to be the norm for fighting off most diseases that occur in DWC being sterile is key
  • In soil just by adding sand which is litterally silica can be cheaper and better then the high priced tickets of purchasing silica
  • and lets not forget them bottled nutrients your buying water :)

Last edited:
osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor

Your website says that quality silica acid should be less than 1... I am assuming this doesn't mean that the solution once diluted properly, has a pH less than 1.
Could you please tell me the pH of the solution that you offer, once it is diluted properly?

Solution pH will vary after dilution depending on water type/quality and other stuff that's in it. OSA/28 does drop your pH but won't be less than 1 in solution. Most growers see a drop about 1-1.5 pH. Just add the rest of your nutes and pH up to the target.

Top Bottom