Silly Question About Bennies

• Thread starter pdasterly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redlife215

That link should kill this argument. Wonder what @PharmHand s pile of info looked like. And why would u not post info to vack up ur claim on a forum that is supposes to be about kmowledge and facts?

G gnome

G gnome

That link should kill this argument. Wonder what @PharmHand s pile of info looked like. And why would u not post info to vack up ur claim on a forum that is supposes to be about kmowledge and facts?

Too bad the one u posted got deleted. Can u post again pls

R

redlife215

Yeah man i was wondering why it got deleted, i think tge link i posted was more in reference to soil not dwc but def gaye getting actual real facts deleted but i prob said some slick shit u didnt like

G gnome

G gnome

Thx shawnery. I am posting a screen shot of the pertinent portion of the article u linked that also happens to agree w my argument

Screenshot 20180616 095211

G gnome

G gnome

Yeah man i was wondering why it got deleted, i think tge link i posted was more in reference to soil not dwc but def gaye getting actual real facts deleted but i prob said some slick shit u didnt like

For the record, i did not delete ur post. I thought it was informative. I wudda just edited out the slick shit haha

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
my chiller goes to 66-68, i know the cold keeps the bacteria low, but does that include the good stuff as well.
if i set low is there any benefit to still use hydroguard
There are so many plant species and regions out there with temps listed for all plants in general. I would suggest you try 66-68 d F and if you do your due diligence with husbandry of your rez and system at those temps you will not have any issues with pathogens. Like I said I ran my system at 68 for years with a nute change every 21 days and never had a issue.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@gnome is correct in saying the cooler the temps the more DO the water will carry, the warmer then less DO

But there is a point at which your roots wont like the temps. Whats that point?? not sure

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Most growers are familiar with the need to have some form of aeration in their nutrient solution - whether they be in a recirculation or a media based system. In NFT systems, this is often accomplished with the use of an air pump or by allowing the nutrient to fall back into the reservoir, thus introducing oxygen. However, the effect of temperature of the solution on the dissolved oxygen levels and on root respiration rates also needs to be taken into account. As the temperature of your nutrient solution increases, the ability of that solution to 'hold' dissolved oxygen decreases. For example, the oxygen content of a fully aerated solution at 10°C (50° F) is about 13ppm, but as the solution warms up to 20° C (68° F) the ability of the liquid to 'hold' oxygen drops to 9 - 10ppm, by the time the solution has reached 30° C (86° F), then it's only 7ppm.

While this may not seem like a huge drop in the amount of dissolved oxygen, we have to remember that as the temperature of the root system warms, the rate of respiration of the root tissue also increases and more oxygen is required by the plant. For example, the respiration rate of the roots will double for each 10°C rise in temperature up to 30°C (86° F). So the situation can develop where the solution temperature increases from 20° - 30° C (68° - 86° F) during the day, with a mature crop and a large root system, then the requirement for oxygen will double while the oxygen carrying capacity of the solution will drop by over 25%. This means that the dissolved oxygen in solution will be much more rapidly depleted and the plants can suffer from oxygen starvation for a period of time.

http://simplyhydro.com/nutrient_temp.htm

G gnome

G gnome

Most growers are familiar with the need to have some form of aeration in their nutrient solution - whether they be in a recirculation or a media based system. In NFT systems, this is often accomplished with the use of an air pump or by allowing the nutrient to fall back into the reservoir, thus introducing oxygen. However, the effect of temperature of the solution on the dissolved oxygen levels and on root respiration rates also needs to be taken into account. As the temperature of your nutrient solution increases, the ability of that solution to 'hold' dissolved oxygen decreases. For example, the oxygen content of a fully aerated solution at 10°C (50° F) is about 13ppm, but as the solution warms up to 20° C (68° F) the ability of the liquid to 'hold' oxygen drops to 9 - 10ppm, by the time the solution has reached 30° C (86° F), then it's only 7ppm.

While this may not seem like a huge drop in the amount of dissolved oxygen, we have to remember that as the temperature of the root system warms, the rate of respiration of the root tissue also increases and more oxygen is required by the plant. For example, the respiration rate of the roots will double for each 10°C rise in temperature up to 30°C (86° F). So the situation can develop where the solution temperature increases from 20° - 30° C (68° - 86° F) during the day, with a mature crop and a large root system, then the requirement for oxygen will double while the oxygen carrying capacity of the solution will drop by over 25%. This means that the dissolved oxygen in solution will be much more rapidly depleted and the plants can suffer from oxygen starvation for a period of time.

http://simplyhydro.com/nutrient_temp.htm
So if im understanding u correctly....what ur saying is "gnome is absolutely right "?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
One of the keys to avoid Pythium along with temps is having a strong healthy plant that hasn't been stressed a lot. Pythium is an opportunist and will colonize a sick, stressed plant easier than a healthy robust plant with a strong rootzone. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom