Silver haze vs Super Silver Haze

• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Everyone always talks about SSH. But i seem to remember (its all little hazy... :) ) that when i first started going to amsterdam in the 90's there was Silver Haze and then Super Silver Haze. After the first dank Super Skunks I avoided anything with Super in the name as water downed version of whatever and when in the dam back then i remember thinking the Silver Haze was way better than the Super Silver Haze.

I was also in NYC and smoking haze from some Dominican guys that for a time, back in the day, were on 15th st and then 27th. I think they called their haze silver haze and always thought it was very similar to the amsterdam silver haze. TBH, never heard it called Piff in NYC. We just called it Haze but we werent too savvy then either. Also I was in LES downtown and young.

(I am so baked off the whitebubba right now)

I submit the idea that uptown Piff is from the orig Silver Haze seeds (not the super silver haze).

What do you all think? Also what are your opinions on SSH vs. Silver Haze?

J->B :weed-sign:

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
Everyone always talks about SSH. But i seem to remember (its all little hazy... :) ) that when i first started going to amsterdam in the 90's there was Silver Haze and then Super Silver Haze. After the first dank Super Skunks I avoided anything with Super in the name as water downed version of whatever and when in the dam back then i remember thinking the Silver Haze was way better than the Super Silver Haze.

I was also in NYC and smoking haze from some Dominican guys that for a time, back in the day, were on 15th st and then 27th. I think they called their haze silver haze and always thought it was very similar to the amsterdam silver haze. TBH, never heard it called Piff in NYC. We just called it Haze but we werent too savvy then either. Also I was in LES downtown and young.

(I am so baked off the whitebubba right now)

I submit the idea that uptown Piff is from the orig Silver Haze seeds (not the super silver haze).

What do you all think? Also what are your opinions on SSH vs. Silver Haze?

J->B :weed-sign:

quoted from frankincense trait in haze thread at mns

as for mns strains being the origins of nyc haze ive tried too do a timeline and its only possible for the silver haze or nl5 haze from 88 to be parents, as many coz say from about 92 they were uptown .as ive said i believe the nyc haze is parents to mns hybrids .

there is not much info on those oldschool hazes at mns thats not cool its seem more info is available elsewhere like IC.

if anyone is familiar with A5 and nevilles nl5haze these are very similar in taste aromas too nyc haze

only 3 strains of neville's work could possibly be our uptown haze hybrids

i still tend too think the legend is true

i forgot too add his first release haze Xnl1,as we all know neville worked with 3 haze parents ABC,the hazeB being the only female ,we dont know exact lineages of the first 2 released hybrids except the nl5hazeA , soo it seems according to the lineage written in several articles that 87-88 hazenl1 is (hazeB x nl1) 88 silver haze (silver pearl Xhaze?) 88-89 nl5haze (NL5XhazeA)

you kno we also had silver haze back in the day but different from frankies and diff from ssh we see once in a while ,lol they neva called her super silver haze

id like to think im still young n wen i first started goin uptown you never heard piff then 2-3 yrs lata around 03
it was hot new term made popularby dipset imo wack n kinda funny .

id like to know when you first started smokin/goin uptown ?

when did you have this convo also ?

you know if we could find a ny native who can make claim to smokin uptown in or before 87-88 ,i think we can say 100% our haze is from the haze brothers

on the topic of silver haze and the raw oldschool hazes i think you would enjoy reading

Anyone remember Silver Pearl, the peppery goodness of the Silver Haze? The same as when Nl5Haze came out - MNS Forums

1luvbigherb

S

SailerJerry

I wish sensis beans were cheaper and had better germ rates I would try some but after hearing all the horror storys about them not germing and all males and not the same as old stock. I love piff lol...

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
I wish sensis beans were cheaper and had better germ rates I would try some but after hearing all the horror storys about them not germing and all males and not the same as old stock. I love piff lol...

agreed especially considering they had/have hybrids of nevilles work that havnt been released by mns

1luvbigherb

winta

winta

first time i had piff was 96' and i was in love! back then like said before we just called it haze "piff" name came later lol i was told it was a pheno outta a pack of nl5haze from sensi but idk the real deal been wantin to know myself lol i first had super silver haze when i was workin at daddy's house. was in the B room and made a joke about burnin to the engineer and he got all serious like "you need some smoke?" im like "hell yea" lol he pick up the phone said send "so and so" ;) to the midi room and this big ol linebacker lookin dude came in with 2 shopping bags with plastic boxes sealed with a sticker of the names of the strains :party0044: i said give me the super silver haze maaaan i smoked half a L and was stuck like "oh shit i got work to do" lol so the nyc haze aka "piff" and the super silver haze are two of my favs we will meet again one day lol

S

SailerJerry

A close friend just got the Roasted O's MNS Mango Haze cut that has the leather taste and smell to it so thats 1 that has some kind of NYC Haze in it. I also read about NL5/Haze, O haze, Nevilles and now Silver Haze I forgot Sensi Had that to. I have half a pack of mango here and i'm waiting on MNS to relist but I heard the new Nevilles is not the same as the old way more indica which squashes my hopes of finding a Piffy pheno :(.

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
A close friend just got the Roasted O's MNS Mango Haze cut that has the leather taste and smell to it so thats 1 that has some kind of NYC Haze in it. I also read about NL5/Haze, O haze, Nevilles and now Silver Haze I forgot Sensi Had that to. I have half a pack of mango here and i'm waiting on MNS to relist but I heard the new Nevilles is not the same as the old way more indica which squashes my hopes of finding a Piffy pheno :(.

interesting about that dark leather taste/aromas in MH

in my eyes we kno there are 2 A5 pheno the mango n diesel ,its my belief that the mango pheno of A5 is in the mango haze and the diesel A5 in the neville

according to reports CF Roasted O"S there are spicy phenos resembling nyc haze ,but also fruit and mango are much assoiated with the mango haze.

IME the sk/hz pheno i had seem similar to mango haze reports as far as taste/aromas ,IME the neville is straight haze no fruit nothin sweet about her.

i havnt seen any report of the neville haze lineage changing and the stock i got from the farm recently is wat i report

1luvbigherb

S

SailerJerry

I kno you kno the leather taste I'm talking about its not the black but it's up their wit it. The ro cf mango def has the head of haze and the leather smell wit subtle under tones of mango on exhale. The 10 mns mangos I popped were all dank but very fruity. I smoked alittle of sams ohazexskunk and it was more of a undertone of haze like the very end of exhale or a slight wiff when you first open it up but that was it.

S

SailerJerry

So your nevs taste hazy like nyc haze? I'm looking for something to cross the mango with to look for more hazy phenos. Ill find em tom but I think on ic is were I seen the report of the new mns being more indica now then b4.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I think 96 was probably around the last time i had the haze in nyc. The dominican guys on 27th had the haze, they also had the Nigerian that was sickest shit ever. They had some pakistan stuff that was golden color herb. Cant remember what else they used to have. After a while the spot blew up and i lost track of those guys and the NYC Haze. I really think most likely one of the uptown guys flew to amsterdam in early 90's and bought a pack of haze seeds that became the "uptown haze". Dont think it is a special exotic breed, just a pheno from early 90's or late 80's haze.

You guys seen the hybrids from "Bean Ho" on Hempdepot? Should take a look. Dont know if that guy is legit or not, but seems to be, and he has done an epic number of haze crosses...

HAPPY 4/20 ALL!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i remeber 1st hearing the piff term in like 96-99 right around the time "Illy" was 1st hitting the scene in ct. it was in new york like 92-94. it didn't become big in Connecticut until a little later. then all the sudden all the purple haze we were getting from the city was no more now it was called PIFF. but i think it was the same shit just differnt name.

Illy= mint leaves soaked in formaldehyde that you would roll up with your weed

H

haze89

I grew up smokin "piff" or haze livin in bed stuy and kept the connects even after I moved. I have also run about 1.3 packs of nevs (the 18 pack) and I definitely say there is a strong resemblance which is why I ran it so many times after losing touch with my connects. I wouldn't jump and say it definitely it for sure, but it could definitely be a really ill nevs pheno or maybe a really nev dom hybrid.

I recently got in touch with someone from back in the day and he wants to give me some moms his brother had kept since around 87-95 and he took them after his bro passed. He is passing me: NL 1 (1988), NL5 Haze (1990), Skunk #1 (1993? I couldn't read his handwriting here lol) and a bunch of half full packs of their old beans from sensi and mns. So there was for sure cuts going around of these gene's back then but I don't think NL 5haze was the same "piff" haze, and even if it is the infamous piff, the cut is tired now and not producing like she used too so I'm mainly gonna use it to make beans until I could put her outdoors for a bit to refresh her.

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
So your nevs taste hazy like nyc haze? I'm looking for something to cross the mango with to look for more hazy phenos. Ill find em tom but I think on ic is were I seen the report of the new mns being more indica now then b4.

quoted from my outdoor organic summer herbalz thread

TASTE - HEAVEN dark earthy ,deep spicy ,incense very pungent

exspansive dont hurt nobody type ,leaves the room smellin like frankincense,taste lingers in ur mouth for a while

nothin sweet about nevs thats how i kno haze ,she is very similar to our finer nyc hazes ,amazing flavor mmm mmms is wat we call it .definite church . neville haze is wat nyers considers church .ime its the closest strain to frankies not from uptown

id suggested crossing her to an ohaze tfd ,seedman .

IMO the mh pics and description anint it for me looks indie most of the time n i dont like sweet or fruit in my herb

1luvbigherb

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
I think 96 was probably around the last time i had the haze in nyc. The dominican guys on 27th had the haze, they also had the Nigerian that was sickest shit ever. They had some pakistan stuff that was golden color herb. Cant remember what else they used to have. After a while the spot blew up and i lost track of those guys and the NYC Haze. I really think most likely one of the uptown guys flew to amsterdam in early 90's and bought a pack of haze seeds that became the "uptown haze". Dont think it is a special exotic breed, just a pheno from early 90's or late 80's haze.

You guys seen the hybrids from "Bean Ho" on Hempdepot? Should take a look. Dont know if that guy is legit or not, but seems to be, and he has done an epic number of haze crosses...

HAPPY 4/20 ALL!

im happy to hear som timeline of the early yrs we recall uptown ,kid twist said again 92-94 .id love to hear more experiences

as i said it anint neville's haze she wasnt released yet ,there are 3 possibilities that uptown haze could be of nevilles stock

HazeXNL1

Silver haze

NL5Xhaze,with many reports of frankincense ,cedar much resemblence to our nyc haze

thats that but again those UNRELEASEDoldschool haze such as A5 and HPH thative tasted in the dam are very similar to our nyc haze .with the folktale of neville comin to nyc and collecting seeds makes me a believer

quoted from bakunin15

2- For the twenty plus years that I've been smoking I've seen large variations in the smells of haze (which are all haze hybreds), but the one smell that has too be present is the catpiss smell. It can be woody and spicey but it still has to have the catpiss. Soapy, incense, sandlewood, lemony, Piney...can be found but it still needs the catpiss to pass as haze, to be called haze when sold. This Catpiss taste and smell is unmistakably strong...you can feel it in your teeth strong. And these traits come from different breeders and sources of haze hybreds

aside from mns who else offers haze with these traits ,ot's lines, rare phenos of ohaze ,sams hybrids, an our nyc haze.

quoted from my frankincense trait in haze thread

I must add that I believe certain aromas are attributed to certain land races if the selection is fair. I wish you all a good day further and happy/relaxed times...all the best Sb

nyc was a still is a major port ,boel and countless others have moved the pure landraces threw here ,it has also been my thought it(nychaze) could be a pure colombian or the fourth variety happyhi speaks of

1luvbigherb

Top Bottom